TMQ

BillsVet

Funny but sad stuff:

"McCargo is a bust who has never started a game; Whitner is a journeyman-level performer, McKelvin and Posluszny are perennially injured. Meanwhile, Leonhard, Greer and Haggan are playing like stars for the Jets, Saints and Broncos, while Bannan is often on the field for the Ravens. Had Buffalo simply kept Leonhard, Greer, Haggan and Bannan and used the draft choices and money on other players, it might now be a real team. Time to recognize that Buffalo general manager Russ Brandon is Matt Millen: The Sequel."

TMQ 10/13/09

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

except for mccargo looking like a bust which is true, he's wrong about the player evaluation. the injuries to mclovn' and poz are bad, but they've clearly been much better players than who they replaced. there isn't one nfl team who would take john over whitner, and whitner would get a nice contract quickly to play for another team if he left us today. clearly our personel need work, but i think this guy is barking up the wrong tree a bit.

having no LBs and no OTs, as well as not enough WR ability/size and bad quarter back play is the real problem.

Funny but sad stuff:

"McCargo is a bust who has never started a game; Whitner is a journeyman-level performer, McKelvin and Posluszny are perennially injured. Meanwhile, Leonhard, Greer and Haggan are playing like stars for the Jets, Saints and Broncos, while Bannan is often on the field for the Ravens. Had Buffalo simply kept Leonhard, Greer, Haggan and Bannan and used the draft choices and money on other players, it might now be a real team. Time to recognize that Buffalo general manager Russ Brandon is Matt Millen: The Sequel."

TMQ 10/13/09

Leonhard, Greer, Haggan, and Bannan are nice stories and hard working guys, but please don't try and sell me that they would have any success all in one system. They compliment above average teammates by being reliable and consistent. Greer is a very nice player though. McCargo is definately a bust and Whitner is nothing more than average at best. I don't think we can call McKelvin perennially injured yet but Poz is becomintg a real concern.

Easterbrook just revealed he knows nothing about football players.....Whitner a journeyman????

Greer a star? Haggan a legitimate everydown LB? Really?

Those guys were nice roll players with exception of Greer who I always liked. Hard to imagine you can be so dumb and still have a great job writing for ESPN.

McKelvin is perenially injured? Really? Inhis second year he is perenially injured....did he play last year or not?

Easterbrook just revealed he knows nothing about football players.....Whitner a journeyman????

Those guys were nice roll players with exception of Greer who I always liked. Hard to imagine you can be so dumb and still have a great job writing for ESPN.

McKelvin is perenially injured? Really? Inhis second year he is perenially injured....did he play last year or not?

I think the point of the article is that Brandon is not a football guy and the so-called "inner circle" is a joke.

Funny but sad stuff:

TMQ 10/13/09

Yesterday you claimed everything was ralph wilson's fault because he has complete control. So if Ralph has complete control (which he does), how can it all be brandon's fault?

And as was mentioned before, all of those guys are good because they are decent players with great supporting casts. All of them together anywhere and that team wouldn't be very good. Those guys are complimentary players.

Well, Tom Donahow was a brilliant football guy and apparently still is according to many at ESPN.....Brandon has had as much success as TD (which is basically none) and TD is a consultant with the mighty St Louis Rams who appear to be lighting it up as well.

The guy obviously does not follow the Bills, reads a highlight or two and writes about them. He had about 4-5 inaccuracies in a paragraph

Whether he knows anything or not, the Bills are 1-4 and in total disarray, so it makes them an easy target.

except for mccargo looking like a bust which is true, he's wrong about the player evaluation. the injuries to mclovn' and poz are bad, but they've clearly been much better players than who they replaced. there isn't one nfl team who would take john over whitner, and whitner would get a nice contract quickly to play for another team if he left us today. clearly our personel need work, but i think this guy is barking up the wrong tree a bit.

having no LBs and no OTs, as well as not enough WR ability/size and bad quarter back play is the real problem.

I totally agree. We have the worst LB's and OT's in the league even with Poz playing because the outside guys are so bad, and there is no depth whatsoever. Our receivers are overrated (Steve Johnson has not been given a chance-and Hardy well-he needs a lot of coaching to become a potential NFL player) and our QB's have been as bad as any in the league since 2001.

But we have drafted terribly the entire decade, no question about it. Does any team miss on so many high picks as we do?

Well, Tom Donahow was a brilliant football guy and apparently still is according to many at ESPN.....Brandon has had as much success as TD (which is basically none) and TD is a consultant with the mighty St Louis Rams who appear to be lighting it up as well.

The guy obviously does not follow the Bills, reads a highlight or two and writes about them. He had about 4-5 inaccuracies in a paragraph

He said McCargo is a bust. True.

He said Poz is always injured. True (and when he breaks his arm yet again, as is certainly possible, he'll be a bust).

He said Greer is playing like a star. True.

He suggested that Greer is a better back than Leodis. Undoubtedly true, at this point.

He said Whitner plays at the level of a journeyman. There is soem room for debate here, but it's hard to imagine he could go somewhere else tomorrow for significantly more money.

TMQ is not far off.

Yesterday you claimed everything was ralph wilson's fault because he has complete control. So if Ralph has complete control (which he does), how can it all be brandon's fault?

And as was mentioned before, all of those guys are good because they are decent players with great supporting casts. All of them together anywhere and that team wouldn't be very good. Those guys are complimentary players.

I posted the article because he specifically mentioned the Bills. Not because I necessarily agree with it.

For the record, I don't think Whitner is a journeyman, nor is just Bannan a fine player.

It is Wilson's fault, and Brandon's masquerading as a GM is a result.

Funny but sad stuff:

TMQ 10/13/09

Typical Easterbrook - makin' stuff up. Brandon didn't draft Poz, Whitner, or McCargo. And calling McKelvin "perennially injured" (meaning literally "every year") is false.

Whitner just started showing ability to make plays before he got injured. He is not a SS and has been nothing more than average up until they moved him to FS. Just go watch the Saint game where the Bills played a 4-2-5. The Saints ran right at Whitner and he was killed everytime. The Bills lack of talent evaluation rears it's ugly head once again because Whitner looks like he can play FS but has been wasting away at SS for the last 3 years. McKelvin was getting lit up this year when he was in there. Again, a major miscalculation by the Bills who could have resigned Greer for less money and spent the 1st round pick elsewhere.

This team needs enima!

You're missing the point entirely. There isn't an NFL team who wouldn't rather have Leonard and Ngata than Whitner and McCargo. Who cares about Whitner vs. Leonard in a vacuum; the difference is marginal either way. The point is using high draft picks to make lateral moves at CB and Safety has helped prevent us from solving those LB/OT/QB problems.

All you need are complimentary players if you also have a few impact guys. Like for instance, Ngata in place of Whitner.

Or Nick Mangold, DeMeco Ryans, D'Qwell Jackson, Joseph Addai or Marcus McNeill in place of John McCargo (all were available at that pick in that draft). Brandon Marshall was also available but not many saw him coming.

Drafting is a lot harder than it looks, but I had Ngata in place of Whitner and I'm no genius. Jay Cutler was available at that pick too, and (assuming we didn't want to, oh, I don't know ... maybe draft him?) we were offered a batch of picks so Denver could get him and we turned them down to be absolutely sure Whitner didn't get away from us. Looking back, we could have made that trade back, picked up a bunch of extra picks and still gotten Ngata. Jeez.