RUMOUR: Holmgren to the Bills?

Bash_Gash

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob Whitsitt is a generic sports management type (sound familiar?) who worked for Paul Allen as GM of his NBA team and President of his NFL team. His results were poor in both jobs. The Blazers were horrible when he ran the show, becoming known as the Jailblazers with ridiculous numbers of legal run-ins, and only improved after he resigned. He installed himself as the sole personnel decision-maker, ousting Holmgren, with Bob Ferguson filling in as a buffer GM between Whitsitt and Holmgren. Whitsitt was a self-proclaimed "basketball guy" and was a disaster. He was quickly fired and Ferguson resigned. Holmgren took the Seahawks to the Super Bowl the next season. Ruskell was hired away from Atlanta as the next President the day after Ferguson resigned/retired and was there for the Super Bowl.

Well right now your GM is a 91 yr old guy wearing diapers....yes Holmgren or anyone like him would be a huge improvement over the current captain running the ship.

Also Holmgren or anyone like him could certainly use Russ Brandon to handle the business duties of a GM and its likely Holmgren would welcome veteran scouts like Modrak and Buddy Nix.....

or

Does Ralph hand the GM duties over to Budday Nix? He was in the final running in Atlanta for the GM spot there but they went in another direction......is this why Nix agreed to return to Buffalo for this possibility?

Well right now your GM is a 91 yr old guy wearing diapers....yes Holmgren or anyone like him would be a huge improvement over the current captain running the ship.

Also Holmgren or anyone like him could certainly use Russ Brandon to handle the business duties of a GM and its likely Holmgren would welcome veteran scouts like Modrak and Buddy Nix.....

or

Does Ralph hand the GM duties over to Budday Nix? He was in the final running in San Diego but they went in AJ Smith direction......is this why Nix agreed to return to Buffalo for this possibility?

Personally O would do whatever it took to get Cower. I would even take gruden we need a personality. However it could make sense to bring in Holmgren for the reason the Buffalo is in the same position as GB and Seattle was before Holmgren took over and made them a consitent team. He understands talen he traded atlanta for Farve he traded GB for Hasslebeck he knows how to get a starting QB which is something this organization does not know how to do.

Quote:

as it was discussed this morning on J.T. the Brick’s radio show that there are rumors in Buffalo that Mike Holmgren could receive total control of the Bills if he decided to take over the Bills.

http://hardknoxsports.com/nfl/buffal...olmgren-bills/

He is not my top pick but how can it not be an upgrade over Skeletor. Holmgren has proved he could win, which is another bonus

Holy hell that would be awesome! I'm getting excited and giddy just thinking about it. It's only a rumor for now but what a good one!

Yeah, i'd hate to have a coach that led his team to 5 division titles and 6 playoff appearances (along with a super bowl) in his 10 years there. Someone remind me how we've done in the last 10 years?

It should be noted though that Seattle plays in a weak division. At least 2 of those division titles were "earned" with a 9-7 record. That's not likely to happen in the AFC East.

Still, it'd be a great move.

Quote:

as it was discussed this morning on J.T. the Brick’s radio show that there are rumors in Buffalo that Mike Holmgren could receive total control of the Bills if he decided to take over the Bills.

http://hardknoxsports.com/nfl/buffal...olmgren-bills/

He is not my top pick but how can it not be an upgrade over Skeletor. Holmgren has proved he could win, which is another bonus

Holmgren IS my top pick, but I also would like to see someone like Dan Reeves as President of Operations, with Wilson stepping down in that capacity.

Now what people need to remember if this happens, is that we will be starting everything over and the new people are not responsible for the current playoff drought.

If Wilson is still in power, Holmgren would be little more than Jauron with a bigger name

It should be noted though that Seattle plays in a weak division. At least 2 of those division titles were "earned" with a 9-7 record. That's not likely to happen in the AFC East.

But there is also a conference championship in there also. not to mention his success in green bay. This guy has more wins at HC that our last few HCs combined.

There's lots of rumors floating around where the big name coaches might land. Here's something from SI's Peter King that he picked up while sitting with Holmgren:

"Former Packers and Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren has been making no bones about his desire to return to the NFL in 2010.

And we've been hearing for months rumors that Holmgren would be very interested in becoming the next coach of the Washington Redskins.

Earlier today, Peter King of SI.com provided some meat for that bone, in an appearance with Chris Russo of Mag Dog Unleashed on Sirius XM Radio."

"I've heard a lot of people say in the last few days, 'Oh, Holmgren wouldn't want to go to Washington,'" King said. "Keep one thing in mind in December when all this stuff starts to go down. Remember where you heard this. Mike Holmgren last year, Thanksgiving weekend, I'm sitting in his office in Seattle and he says, 'You know, I'm going to take this next year off but after that I'll give you a cool little theory for what I might do.' I said, 'What?' And he says, 'I've coached in the Midwest with Green Bay and I grew up playing and coaching out west -- Brigham Young, the 49ers, Seattle.' And he said, 'I'd really love to try the East Coast. That brand of football where you wake up on Sunday morning and it's the most important thing. There aren't 800 things to do. Where you're in East Rutherford or Philly or Washington and it's so important.'

There's also rumors of Holmgren to Dallas so...there's a good possibility that if the Bills even had any interest, that we would be bidding against Daniel Snyder and Jerry Jones. As Mike Florio pointed out, it makes very little sense for these men to commit to a team now when they can wait till the offseason and go to the highest bidder.