A look at the potential future

OnTheRocks

Clausen is a d-bag, but so is Jay Cutler, and I'd take Cutler in a heartbeat. Clausen has looked pretty good this year from what I've seen.

The more I read about Pike, the more I think I need to watch some of his games.

Clausen didn't impress me at all last year, but he's made some strides so far in 2009. I think he's better off staying one more year at ND (provided Weis is still around) and coming out in 2011.

I agree with his assesment. Tony Pike at #2 seems high - I dont think of him as an NFL QB. Bradford is the top of the pack but with OKs running game last year he never had to carry the O. This season he has been injured. The Red River Shootout Sat will be a game to watch.

The problem is though the Rams will be drafting Bradford before us in all likelihood which leaves us with sh*t as far as QBs go. Take a flyer on Tebow in the third if thats what we have to work with, sign garcia or some vet with a decent pedigree for the immediate future. Tebow, if given the chance to totally rework his throwing motion ala Aaron Rogers, and learn for 3ish years just like Rogers, has more than enough arm strength, accuracy, inteligence, and will to be one hell of a QB. I mean really, people talk about potential with draft picks. What QB has more potential than Tebow? None. We drafted projects in Maybin, McKelvin, Hardy, and love project guys like Bell why not another project in Tebow? The only problem is we cant wait 3 years for a new QB. So bring in a solid vet for the time being, build up the OL and front 7, and we will have a solid playoff fringe team by the time Tebow steps in.

I think that may be the best scenario when looking at this QB class. PS I dont think Locker enters teh draft.

I would seriously consider taking Dan LeFevour from Central Michigan. Anyone who pays attention to UB and the MAC knows this guy is really good. He's got the arm, the accuracy, the legs, the instincts....he's been a winner from Day 1. He also plays in crappy weather up in northern Michigan and the other MAC towns. This is the exact kind of guy that will end up getting drafted by a team like Indianapolis or New England as a backup.. Then he'll come in someday and light the league on fire and Bills fans will be sitting there going "Gee? why didn't we draft that guy"? I'm telling you now.

Obviously a lot depends on the rest of the season. He did look a little tentative to me in his first game back, but numbers dont lie...he still was very productive.

Whether it be Bradford or McCoy, hell I'd be happy. I want a true LEADER at QB, not this wishy-washy "just trying my best" attitude I've seen over the last decade.

McCoy doesn't have the arm to play in the nfl and certainly not in buffalo. I don't think we need another Texas bust. I want guys who have the gun, Pike, Locker, etc.

Potential Free Agents List for 2010

This list is uglier than the the draft class list.

I would take orton if the broncos don't sign him, or take a flyer on culpepper for a couple years while we build the line and groom our future QB that we draft this year or next year. I don't watch enough college football to know who's the best out there.