Be honest

Most likely, Russ will rework a lucrative deal messing up our salary cap for the immediate future

with no hope in sight.

I like trent but I'd like to see the backup play a few games...we need to identify is the problem the QB or the scheme.

For example...what f**& scheme calls for Lee Evans running a 2 yard drag pattern with 25 seconds left?

it was stupid to not bring in competition for edwards this past offseason. there definitely needs to be an offseason qb competition next year.

That would make DJs job that much harder.

"It's hard to decide who to start in the NFL"

Do you see Trent in 2010:

A) Starting for the Bills

B) Backup for the Bills

C) Off the Bills

I'm curious

Argh!

There are tons of issues with this team, that Trent is not SOLELY the cause of all of these woes.

I agree with RW that the O-line- which everyone expected prior to season, BTW- is horrendous. Going back to the Cleveland game, and look at all of those false start penalties. They were mostly (if not all) on manageable, 3rd down situations. Taking those penalties, pushed the Bills into unmanageable 3rd and long situations.

If this continues this week, as is expected, the Jets will literally eat Edwards raw.

But Edwards does hurt himself. If pass rush and pass blocking is such an issue, why not use 3 step drops? These CB's and defenses are not all that good. Watching other teams play the Patriots, Bucs, Saints, and Browns players can catch balls and make plays. Why not more screens? More quick slants and curls?

Edwards does make simple, safe decisions most of the time. Is he having trouble seeing the field? Does he lack the confidence to stand in the pocket (often rightfully so)?

Are his receivers truly fighting for the ball? Where is Evans? For his contract, he should demand more passes based on his ability. Evans can't get open? How can defenses keep both Evans and Owens doubled up?

Where has the "pass catching TE" Derek Fine been? Why do the Bills have such a hard time drafting impact players? Shawn Nelson comes to mind. Why is he not performing at all? Is he stupid? Why do other teams seem to find rookies that can come in and be plugged in right away in a passing game, but the Bills struggle? James Hardy comes to mind.

Would a 4 receiver set help w/an emphasis on quick releases and 3 step drop, timed passes?

The issues are more widespread than just Edwards.

B) Backup for the Bills

C) Off the Bills

I'm curious

It really depends on our next coach but I see him at the very least being a backup. Probably being a starter though. the problem is who else is out there that can do any better given our terrible O-line?

I really have no opinion on Edwards at this time no matter how bad he looks. It's too hard to tell if the problem is Edwards with the horrible coaching and horrible OLine (which I blame on the coaching, too.)

I really do not like Colt McCoy. I don't think he is an NFL QB. Id rather have Jake Locker or Sam Bradford. Or even wait a few years and get Blaine Gabbert

Jack Locker to me is this year's version of Jason Campbell or Alex Smith or Josh Freeman, the QB who rises high in the draft despite his stats and limitations.

I do like Sam Bradford as well, but odds are he'll stay in for another season so he can make those scouts forget about his shoulder injury.

McCoy to me just seems like the perfect situation. He's a franchise QB who has all the intangibles and ridiculous accuracy (broke the NCAA record for highest accuracy rating in a single season with 78%). He throws a nice deep ball and the guy just overflows with confidence that can inspire his teammates to be better. The only slam on him is he's not a great athlete (standing at 6'2), but I think its been proven time and time again that its better to be just a damn good QB then it is to have great benchpress numbers.

It depends. If he remains as the starter, I give him about a 50-50 chance of returning, with a 1st/2nd round rookie drafted by the new coaching staff. If he gets benched at any point this year, he's probably gone by the time training camp opens next year.

If we draft a QB in the 1st round, Trent, whose contract has a year to go, will be off the team. Fitzpatrick will either be 1 or 2 & the rookie will be 1 or 2. The Bills will ship Trent out for a pick, but it might not happen until September. His best friend Hamdan will compete with a scrap heap guy & probably get cut in preseason.

Back up on the Bills or for some other team....his starting days are numbered, but will make a nice career for himself as a back-up

That's what everyone said about JP. Look what happened. Just because a guy starts on one team doesn't mean other teams will want him as a backup. There's a lot of film on him and anyone evaluating it will see what we're seeing. I think he'll be a backup next year and out of the NFL in 2011.

B) Backup for the Bills

C) Off the Bills

I'm curious

B.

His potential to become a qualified starting NFL QB has passed. He's so f***** up in the head right now, it would take a couple of years to undo the damage, and that's assuming a coaching staff could straighten him out.

Jauron's apathetic style of coaching has permeated this entire team to the point there is no leadership, no motivation, and a desire to do nothing more than to collect a paycheck from their employer.