Should the Bills trade Lee Evans to Dolphins?

"The Miami Dolphins are shopping for a star wide receiver. If the Buffalo Bills can't figure out how to deliver the ball to Lee Evans, maybe they should consider trading him for a plum draft pick. ... The Cleveland Browns were short on playmakers even before Wednesday, when they traded wide receiver Braylon Edwards to the New York Jets. If he stays out of trouble, he'll be a big boost to the Jets. Now the Browns will be even less dangerous entering Sunday's game at the Bills"

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/articl...a+grand+sendoff --> it's on the 2nd page...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"The Miami Dolphins are shopping for a star wide receiver. If the Buffalo Bills can't figure out how to deliver the ball to Lee Evans, maybe they should consider trading him for a plum draft pick. ... The Cleveland Browns were short on playmakers even before Wednesday, when they traded wide receiver Braylon Edwards to the New York Jets. If he stays out of trouble, he'll be a big boost to the Jets. Now the Browns will be even less dangerous entering Sunday's game at the Bills"

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/articl...a+grand+sendoff --> it's on the 2nd page...

I'm all for it. Cut/trade everybody, fire all the coaches and staff and start over.

How did I know that would be a Bob Matthews column even before I clicked the link? Yeah, Bob, give the Fins the quality WR they lack, so all three AFC East teams can beat the snot out of the Bills. Oh, wait. Miami didn't even need good WRs to do that...

How did I know that would be a Bob Matthews column even before I clicked the link? Yeah, Bob, give the Fins the quality WR they lack, so all three AFC East teams can beat the snot out of the Bills. Oh, wait. Miami didn't even need good WRs to do that...

Note: they beat the snot out of us already, may as well stock up on draft picks to start the rebuild process now.

Thread title is misleading. Key words above are "should consider'

Thread title is misleading. Key words above are "should consider'

Yes agree .... I almpst fell out of my chair when I saw the title :thumbsup: .

I agree, guys, so I edited the title.

Lori, you took the words right out of my mouth. Does Bob, whom I will give credit as being an experienced columnist and non-cretin, have any idea how cretinous such comments make him sound?

T.O. is gone at the end of the year.

If you trade Evans, who is the QB we likely draft going to throw to? If Evans were 32, OK, but he has another 5 - 7 good years ahead of him.

Lee would probably love it, at this point, but it makes no sense for the Bills.

Absolutely not. If the Bills were to trade Lee Evans, they need to get him out of the division. Give the guy a real QB who isn't afraid to throw him the ball and he can be a very good player. Say what you want about JP Losman, but look at the numbers Lee Evans put up in Losman's only year as a starter.

Absolutely not. If the Bills were to trade Lee Evans, they need to get him out of the division. Give the guy a real QB who isn't afraid to throw him the ball and he can be a very good player. Say what you want about JP Losman, but look at the numbers Lee Evans put up in Losman's only year as a starter.

With JP and Evans, the common complaint was that they are one-trick ponies. But that was one more trick than what we are currently witnessing. Kinda sad

Yeah Lori, let's keep paying Lee Evans 9 mill per year & have him catch 2 balls for 11 yards. The guy is not a difference maker & either refuses to go over the middle or the coaches do not have conficence in his ability. IMO, Evans is part of the problem, not part of the solution. You do not pay a guy like that the money the bills are paying him. If Miami offers a 1st day pick, the bills should jump on it.

Yes I would trade him. I stated before he was even resigned that he should have been franchised and signed and traded. He does not fit the system that the bills have been running. He is a vertical threat only and when we all knew they were gettign rid of JP the vertical game was gone. Evans is not a #1 receiver on this team he is and only is a deep ball threat but when you dont have anyone to throw you the deep ball what threat are you?

For those of you who hate JP he would have thrived with the weapons and style of this offense despite the OL.

Now is not the time. There is no one trade or series of trades that can help this team until a quality General Manager is brought in who can identify the problems and chart a course to completely change the way this organization is run, which of course includes hiring a new coach. Until that happens, any trade will simply bring draft picks that will be wasted, as so many picks have been wasted in the last 10 years. The decision whether to trade Evans or any other key player, will have to wait until a new regime is in place. Of course, the chance that Wilson will give meaningful authority to a General Manager who actually knows what he's doing is microscopic. It has happened only once in the last 30 years.

Note: they beat the snot out of us already, may as well stock up on draft picks to start the rebuild process now.

NOT if Modrak and Guy are still calling the shots with this team.

You could have every draft pick and those 2 baffoons would still build a losing team.