Folks, firing Jauron is not the answer

Brandon did play his part in the feud with Jason Peters and shipping him out of town as well as the appeasement plan of Langston Walker. It's worked out so well, I'm surprised anyone would question his abilities as an NFL GM. <_<

Cause Brandon is the one writing the checks... :doh: Was Peters really his call??

Like I said he is COO Material, but it is hard to guage his abilities as GM with the way the organization is structured and with the Crappy holdovers from the TD regime...

Brandon has done a great job marketing this putrid bowl of skank, to the tune of 57,000 season tickets. If Ralph has anything left upstairs, Brandon will stay upstairs and give the football ops to someone who actually knows the game.

Brandon is a good COO, but not an NFL GM. He should, and probably will, stick around after the rest of the toilet bowl is flushed.

I'm sure the Bills would've sold 57,000 season tickets even if they didn't sign T.O.

Cause Brandon is the one writing the checks... :doh: Was Peters really his call??

Like I said he is COO Material, but it is hard to guage his abilities as GM with the way the organization is structured and with the Crappy holdovers from the TD regime...

Well, it is unlikely Mr. Smithers is going to take the fall for Mr. Burns anyway. But, it's hardly "doing a great job" to be the old man's dupe at best.

If you don't clean house you're just putting a band aid on a massive head wound. Jauron is responsible for getting the team ready to play and he's failing miserably. The other stooges are responsible for making sure we have actual NFL level talent on this team.

Anything other than a complete house cleaning is just prolonging the pain.

You also have the coach last week saying "we like the guys we have" when the backup OTs look absolutely horrible.

I don't know how much weight Jauron has on personnel decisions but, given another year and a do or die situation, why do you commit to starting 2 rookies on the OL and dropping your most experienced O-lineman (Walker) right before the season????

Of course, one of the worst things is having your owner approving your signing of TO & you can't figure out how to get him the ball. With TO, Evans, Lynch & Jackson, you have a very good group of skilled playmakers and you can only score 3 pts at home vs another struggling team??

take the nail out of your head. Nine (9) false starts, muffed punts, etc...equals my head is not in the game, that is coaching folks....DJ is clueless fire him now!!

Yeah - that really was the perfect illustration today.

They could have lost today in some ways that would have disguised DJ's failure, so I'm glad if they had to lose, they made it obvious.

take the nail out of your head. Nine (9) false starts, muffed punts, etc...equals my head is not in the game, that is coaching folks....DJ is clueless fire him now!!

+ 3 wasted time outs, throwing a hail mary instead of trying a long field goal into the wind, absolutely no half time adjustments.

Well, it is unlikely Mr. Smithers is going to take the fall for Mr. Burns anyway. But, it's hardly "doing a great job" to be the old man's dupe at best.

Im not sticking up for Brandon, I am not sure blowing the entire thing up is necessary...DJ has to go, Fewell needs to follow, MOdrak and Guy without question. AVP I can't fault him, should he stay as an OC? I dunno about that, QB coach I would say yes. We need a strong coach and a GM that can create a vision and go about achieving it. Some players should stay some need to go, I don't think it is a full scale rebuild as we do have some talent...Brandon is a figure head GM..He doesn't make too many calls....He would be a good COO...

EDIT: I am sooooo over California QBs...our next QB needs to be someone who is capable of playing in Buffalo's weather...

Firing Jauron should be the start of an avalanche of dismissals that should include at least four other people. Jauron, Brandon, Modrak, Guy and Allaire should all be gone. I'm willing to give Fewell another chance because his defense is absolutely decimated by injuries. I think they pulled someone from the stands to play MLB after Buggs went down.

If you don't clean house you're just putting a band aid on a massive head wound. Jauron is responsible for getting the team ready to play and he's failing miserably. The other stooges are responsible for making sure we have actual NFL level talent on this team.

Jauron has been a LOSER everywhere he has been, not only in Buffalo. The team isn't ready to play and commits way to many stupid penalties. The GM isn't responsible for this. There is talent on the team (especially when healthy). I suffered through many bad seasons where there was zero talent on the team. They aren't ready to play week in and week out, there is no tempo/rhythm/timing on offense...the game plans suck. Tell me this is the GM's fault? I'm not defending the guy but come on.... how in the world can anyone defend Jauron at this point? The team plays with ZERO emotion just like he shows on the sidelines THE GUY SUCKS AND HAS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!

Im not sticking up for Brandon, I am not sure blowing the entire thing up is necessary...DJ has to go, Fewell needs to follow, MOdrak and Guy without question. AVP I can't fault him, should he stay as an OC? I dunno about that, QB coach I would say yes. We need a strong coach and a GM that can create a vision and go about achieving it. Some players should stay some need to go, I don't think it is a full scale rebuild as we do have some talent...Brandon is a figure head GM..He doesn't make too many calls....He would be a good COO...

Let me put it this way.

If the choice is between keeping a guy who's biggest accomplishment is "Burns-love", pedaling snake oil, and probably not making too many decisions, and losing out on getting a real football GM and head coach interested in coming to Buffalo and raising the Titanic off the bottom, then Mr. Smithers can take a hike too.

Let me put it this way.

If the choice is between keeping a guy who's biggest accomplishment is "Burns-love", pedaling snake oil, and probably not making too many decisions, and losing out on getting a real football GM and head coach interested in coming to Buffalo and raising the Titanic off the bottom, then Mr. Smithers can take a hike too.

By all means...and I agree with all of that..Hence he can stay as COO, but I don't think he is one of our biggest problems...He is serviceable...But yeah of course I would take a Real GM and real HC over anyone in the office or coaching staff...without a doubt

Firing Jauron should be the start of an avalanche of dismissals that should include at least four other people. Jauron, Brandon, Modrak, Guy and Allaire should all be gone. I'm willing to give Fewell another chance because his defense is absolutely decimated by injuries. I think they pulled someone from the stands to play MLB after Buggs went down.

Why are the Bills part of the AFL 50th anniversary celebration? Looks like they are celebrating the 25th, the glorious Silver Anniversary of the 1984 season and are working toward matching that years 2-14 record in celebration. In fact looks like they'll celebrate next year the 25th anniversary of the 1985 season, another 2-14 campaign. . Well, I was fired up for this game, watched all of it and convinced my son and daughter that this was a game against a botttom 15 team we could and would win. And they found yet another way to lose. Instead of a KO fumble its a punt fumble. As I mentioned several times they are back in serious rebuilding mode. With 2 more LBs out, we are seriously looking at 2-14. A real debacle. Other than the Raiders, the Bills officially have the worst record in the league.

Brandon has done a great job marketing this putrid bowl of skank, to the tune of 57,000 season tickets. If Ralph has anything left upstairs, Brandon will stay upstairs and give the football ops to someone who actually knows the game.

Brandon is a good COO, but not an NFL GM. He should, and probably will, stick around after the rest of the toilet bowl is flushed.

Right, then move him back down to GM of marketing and bring in some real scout/personnel guys (or gals).

I'm not sure "Russ is the problem" persay because does he really have the authority to make decisions for the "Football Operations department"? Think about, the badness has existed prior to him taking over and there's three guys who have been here:

Jim Overdorf

John Guy

Tom Modrak

I think these guys need to be turned out. Brandon isn't sitting there saying, "This guy is one heck of a football player. Let's get him!" That's not his job, his job is finally get rid of the guys who have been failing at that job for awhile now. Of course, that's really Ralph's call.

Brandon should be the first to go. With the rest of the clowns to follow 5 minutes after. Brandon is of no use. If we bring a competent person in, this guy isnt just going to give up all say in personnel matters. Let him go and help screw up some other team (guarantee he never gets hired in a GM-type role). I want someone who actually knows NFL football. As far as his marketing goes, we dont need it. Start putting out a competitive team and thats all the marketing we need.

No, firing Jauron, the entire front office, the entire coaching staff and most of the players is the answer.

Oh...and having Ralph 'move on' in whatever form that need to happen.

Until all of those things happen, it's never going to be better. Any start to the process is a step in the right direction.