Arkansas QB Ryan Mallett

zow2

Everytime i flip on an Arkansas game, this guy is always looking good. He's a very big guy and not very quick so I'm not sure how he would do behind a suspect O-line. For only a sophomore though, he's an impressive young QB.

He's terrible. You see him when he was at Michigan?

You mean when they benched Chad Henne (the guy who just made his first NFL with the Dolphins last week - Beating the Bills) In favor of a red shirt freshman? Yea I remember that, he looked pretty good. He is even better now. He looks like he could be a pretty good prospect.

Mallett reminds me too much of Mitch Mustaine (now transferred) and the other hordes of forgettable Arkansas QBs

BTW Thoner, Mallett was a true freshman at Michigan and was thrust into the starting role with Henne getting hurt during the Oregon game not getting benched. The QB rollercoaster began when Lloyd Carr knew he was coaching for his job, much like Mike Mularkey did with Losman and Holcomb.

Now, if we were looking for a low risk high reward QB, at risk of sounding like a homer, I'm gonna go with a guy like Jarrett Brown. 6'4 230lbs with a rocket arm and good mobility. What he lacks is restraint and good decision making. The guy loves to throw the deep ball and has one of the prettiest ones out of all the elegible QBs this year. However, he often forces passes into coverage going for the big play as seen in the Auburn game a few weeks ago. He projects as a poor man's Donovan McNabb or at least as a Kordell Stewart QB who with the right coaching at the next level could find success.

I saw a bit of the Arkansas game last weekend (against Alabama, I think), and thought he looked about ten times worse than he did at Michigan.

Yeah, he didn't look good vs. Bama.

And Bama plays a pro style defense (keep in mind, BB* and Saban compare notes in the off season).

I'll reconsider Mallet during his senior year, but based on right now, no way.

Mallett reminds me too much of Mitch Mustaine (now transferred) and the other hordes of forgettable Arkansas QBs

BTW Thoner, Mallett was a true freshman at Michigan and was thrust into the starting role with Henne getting hurt during the Oregon game not getting benched. The QB rollercoaster began when Lloyd Carr knew he was coaching for his job, much like Mike Mularkey did with Losman and Holcomb.

Now, if we were looking for a low risk high reward QB, at risk of sounding like a homer, I'm gonna go with a guy like Jarrett Brown. 6'4 230lbs with a rocket arm and good mobility. What he lacks is restraint and good decision making. The guy loves to throw the deep ball and has one of the prettiest ones out of all the elegible QBs this year. However, he often forces passes into coverage going for the big play as seen in the Auburn game a few weeks ago. He projects as a poor man's Donovan McNabb or at least as a Kordell Stewart QB who with the right coaching at the next level could find success.

Not even close to Mustain, Dick or Jones..different offense and different style of QB, not to mention, he is 10X better than any of them.

Brown? Meh...7th round maybe, but he hasn't shown the head nor the intermediate game to play in the pros IMHO.

Not even close to Mustain, Dick or Jones..different offense and different style of QB, not to mention, he is 10X better than any of them.

Brown? Meh...7th round maybe, but he hasn't shown the head nor the intermediate game to play in the pros IMHO.

um he went 22/30 against you guys today...but yeah Syracuse isn't much anymore.

If you think Mallett is better than Jones was at Arkansas, you don't watch enough football.

He's terrible. You see him when he was at Michigan?

I saw him win all 3 starts as a true freshman at Michigan. I also see a kid learning to use his abilities to be a great QB I watched him play in highschool and I've watched him in college and he's got a great head on his shoulders and the physical tools to play in the NFL. I don't know if he'll be a good NFL QB but either do you sir and to say he's terrible is just assinine. He was the most polished passer to come out of the state of Texas, the heart and soul of highschool football in this country, in a long time.

Watching Florida and LSU ,again Tebow is the new Kelly we need, lets go 1 and 16.

This horse has been beat to death. I really don't think he'll be a to pick because so much of his effectiveness at the colleg level comes from him taking a pounding. I just don't see the ability to make all the throws required of an NFL quarterback.

I disagree with your logic. If a guy has good physical traits but bad decision-making, he's neither low risk nor high reward. Not even if he throws a beautiful long bomb. We just finished sending exactly that same kind of QB to the UFL. Let's not make the same mistake twice.