Since Maybin is being swallowed up by NFL tackles

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I though Maybin played well last game; real sweet spin move on the one RT to get to the QB. Unfortunatelty for him, Denney got there a split second earlier and got the sack and FF.

Give Maybin some time--we'll probably see some production in the second half of the season.

If the current staff gets canned in the off-season, then might be the time to have him switch to OLB in a 3-4 scheme.

Just a thought...he is only 240+ lbs I believe and he is overmatched on the line....would a move to linebacker help him out? He is very quick and is ineffective against the NFL LT's and RT's playing DE.

Actually to be fair to Maybin, he has not seen a lot of playing time as Kelsay and Denney have been up to it.

i like the idea of moving him to linebacker, Schobel who is usually injured by this time in the season, seems strong and denney and kelsay have both been playing great too, i say bench ellison and try maybin out there, could he be worse then ellison right now??

This thread has me wondering... "Where'n-a-hell are all the Kelsay haters now?"

Look it up- this cat has never bashed Kelsay. I do bash this twinky Cover-2 (Florida/Dome/Weather-Friendly bottom-Fag Defensive Scheme).

Give Maybin a chance- he's a Rookie (remember?) on a poorly coached team with an offensive offense, playing within a piss-poor & umimaginitive scheme. Frankly, he ought to be utilized as a weapon/decoy... lining up in both LB & DT positions. ...but, that would required innovative coaching... something our silly little ghostly IVY League waif doesn't 'get'.

Our colleges & Universities are nothing but cesspools of Liberalism (face it)... an Ivy League branded brain... at the helm of our sinking ship... I'd rather have my mechanic coaching our team. He looks like Wade Phillips.

On that subject- I say, bring on the 'WE WANT RUSH' signs of protest on Sunday. And, there had better be a chant of 'DICK MUST GO' during Ralph's half-time blabbergaster.

PS- For you Ivy Leagqueers, I do start sentences with 'And'. ...gotta problem with that? I imagine you do... since bad verbage gets the point accrossed, whilst you're still trying to act British (Prim, proper & gay). Go brush your teeth.

Yeah I do. Fred Dean had uber horse-power and incredible speed. I would be pleased if Maybin becomes a 2nd rate Charles Haley.

fred was a freak.... there are very very few guys that size who could smack o linemen around..LT had that ability.

i really hope we see something out of Maybin soon. He looks bad so far. a #8 pick --or whatever he was-shouldnt take yrs to develop.