Ralph to get his HOF ring at halftime Sunday

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seriously believe that Ralph's reception will be directly influenced by the halftime score. This fan base is justifiably frustrated.

I would not boo him, but if the Browns are winning it would be hard to cheer.

In a way, I think the best way to deliver a message to him would be to have the stadium go dead silent when his name is announced.

I would not boo him, but if the Browns are winning it would be hard to cheer.

In a way, I think the best way to deliver a message to him would be to have the stadium go dead silent when his name is announced.

I will not boo him. I may not cheer/clap either.

If I were there, I'd certainly boo. He deserves to hear some boos, for God's sake. No bleeding heart's gonna convince me that this guy did anything for the fans of Buffalo aside from actually putting the team there when Miami didn't work out. And that was before my time. So what, all the other original owners either died or cashed out, and "Good Old Ralph" held onto his team. Awesome. Really. The team BLOWS. And it's Ralph's fault.

Please, get all high and mighty about people not being "real fans". I wish God would just come down and tell you you're guaranteed a trip to Heaven so you could stop grandstanding all the time, some of you. The guy's a dick. They should consider his team's, oh I dunno, SUCCESS when giving those HOF busts out, from now on, because this is just another slap in the face to the fans of Buffalo, plain and simple.

I seriously believe that Ralph's reception will be directly influenced by the halftime score. This fan base is justifiably frustrated.

Bingo - if the Bills are ahead, or even tied, I believe the fans will be cordial. If we're down by a bunch, all bets are off - but I really don't like the idea of booing the old guy during his ring presentation, no matter what the score.

Don't boo just chant PLEASEE FIRE DICK! I don't care if the are up 21 - 0

Chant: Fire Dick! Fire Dick! Fire Dick!

That way you don't have to decide if you want to clap or boo. You are just extending your opinion in a 73,079 face to 1 face meeting. We could turn this into a "shareholders" meeting of sorts.

Don't boo just chant PLEASEE FIRE DICK! I don't care if the are up 21 - 0

Chant: Fire Dick! Fire Dick! Fire Dick!

That way you don't have to decide if you want to clap or boo. You are just extending your opinion in a 73,079 face to 1 face meeting. We could turn this into a "shareholders" meeting of sorts.

That's actually better than just booing.

I know its been a tough stretch here lately, but I would hope no one would resort to booing our owner on the day he gets his ring.

Booing and not buying tickets are the only leverage a fan has.....

Ralph should be booed Sunday. He has earned the booing as much as the Hall of Fame ring.

10 straight seasons of mediocre, penny-pinching garbage football in Buffalo. 1990 gets further and further removed from my memory...

Why? It's an undeserved award, anyway. He's getting it based on longevity, not for consistently fielding a winner.

As much as I hate to say it, you are correct. Not sure how an owner of a team gets in the HOF when the team over the course of its history is almost 40 games under .500, has a career losing record in the playoffs and has never won a Superbowl and the last championship they can claim was almost a half a century ago. It was a combination of history and even more so being the 50th Anniversary of the founding of the AFL, coupled with his age that got him elected.

I would hope that too, he doesn't deserve the Boo's just for the fact that without him, there would be no Buffalo Bills or NFL in Buffalo. If it happens that the "fans" decide to boo, I really hope he gets on the mike and announces that he just sold the team to Toronto starting next year

How do you know that the Toronto deal hasn't been made already? :unsure:

I know its been a tough stretch here lately, but I would hope no one would resort to booing our owner on the day he gets his ring.

I distinctly remember him getting booed quite loudly back when they held a halftime ceremony for the Silver Anniversary team, so don't be too surprised.

Screw him!

He's a lousy owner that's fielded a lousy team for a decade. On top of that, he wont even make the effort to try and get this team sold to a WNY owner that will keep the team here. I hope you're still in love with RW after he dies and the team moves.

I hope he gets boo'd out of the stadium. Maybe he'll wake up that those 73000 fans actually expect something in return for their money. I hope he chokes on that ring.