AJ Smith looking to shake things up in San Diego

gcb34

You know what's sad about San Diego?

Norv Turner.

I'd rather have Jauron than Turner as head coach. Seriously.

AJ Smith better be thinking about blowing that thing up. They'll never go anywhere with Turner.

Norv beat Manning and the Colts in Tony Dungy's last game and did it again in 2007 in Indianapolis before giving the still-unbeaten Pats a run for their money in the AFC championship game.

If Jauron could pull that off, he wouldn't be running a 3% approval rating.

Ellison is brutal in coverage.

No, Ellison is un-spectacular in coverage. For a linebacker, he's average. No pass-rush up front = longer coverage for Keith. I'm fine with him not being spectacular. I'm not fine with that not being good enough, but he's not the only one to blame.

Norv beat Manning and the Colts in Tony Dungy's last game and did it again in 2007 in Indianapolis before giving the still-unbeaten Pats a run for their money in the AFC championship game.

If Jauron could pull that off, he wouldn't be running a 3% approval rating.

I would argue that the pro-bowl stocked roster in San Diego did that in spite of Norv Turner. Though impossible to prove, if Jauron coached that team, they'd do just as well, if not better.

You know what's sad about San Diego?

Norv Turner.

I'd rather have Jauron than Turner as head coach. Seriously.

AJ Smith better be thinking about blowing that thing up. They'll never go anywhere with Turner.

Exactly. Why does Turner keep his job? He has failed wherever he has gone. He ruined a very good team in SD.

Isn't Ellison leading, or at least at the top of the team in tackles this year? I also remember at least a couple of big short yardage stops that he was responsible for.

Ellison is by no means a star, but he has been at least serviceable this year.

Why would you trade him (when we are already thin as hell at LB) for Brady Quinn who can't remain a starting QB on one of the leagues worst teams?

By trading Ellison, our team gets better. Ellison is the worst starter on the team whether your stats say so or not (although this week Fewell may have found a way to change that by starting Palmer?!?!?). Ditching Ellison is addition by subtraction, and if we can get Quinn - if only to be back up QB- why wouldnt you?

Ps My statement was totally hypothetical and a joke as to how the Browns are trading all their good players away for nothing..... Maybe we can trade Youboty and Wendling for Joe Thomas, and if that works out maybe McCargo for Shaun Rodgers.

No, Ellison is un-spectacular in coverage. For a linebacker, he's average. No pass-rush up front = longer coverage for Keith. I'm fine with him not being spectacular. I'm not fine with that not being good enough, but he's not the only one to blame.

The only thing Ellison does in coverage is tackle his man after he has allowed him to caught the ball without interuption. Can that even be called coverage?

Actually he chose to stay with the Titans who led him to believe they where moving on with out Mc Nair and Volek would be the starter. But they pulled the rug out from underhim and when all was said and done the SD backup job was all that was out there.

Actually he turned Billy Joe Holbert on the Titans -- and Jeff Fisher cut him a year or so later when he showed up to camp having not read the revised playbook. That's when he landed with the Chargers.

It's too bad Smith's ego gets in the way. He build a great team in SD but put his pride over the good of the team. He should have never fired Marty Ball.

I agree, that was a big mistake. It wasn't Marty fault that Marlon McCree got McKelvined instead of falling on the ground after the would-be game clinching INT vs. the Pats*.