Lee Evans

So lately I've been wondering what exactly has happened to Lee Evans? Is it Edwards, the always changing offense schemes, the coaching staff, is he hurt or is it the contract extension?

Since Lee signed his contact extension last year, his production has waned tremendously.

In what would be 16 games, or a full season since his contract signing, he has only 3 100 yard games, coming against Arizona, Miami, and Kansas City. While two of them were playoff teams, they were ranked 22nd, 25th and 28th against the pass respectively.

Also, He only has 2 TDs, 59 receptions, and 833 yards, which averages to a little over 52 yards a game, since the contract extension. That would rank him below 40th in the league in yards per game since the extension. And as far as the rank in touchdowns among receivers, lets just say its sad when Johnnie Lee Higgins scores more than your number one receiver.

I've seen Lee play in 3 of the 4 games this year, and frankly it looks like he just doesnt care anymore, and i dont blame him for that. With this coaching staff I find it hard to believe that most of these guys till care.

But is it because of the coaching, or is he content with his contract that he realizes he can just sit back and get paid?

So I beg to ask the question, is lee evans worth the extension the team paid him? or has the team wasted more money yet again?

So lately I've been wondering what exactly has happened to Lee Evans? Is it Edwards, the always changing offense schemes, the coaching staff, is he hurt or is it the contract extension?

Since Lee signed his contact extension last year, his production has waned tremendously.

In what would be 16 games, or a full season since his contract signing, he has only 3 100 yard games, coming against Arizona, Miami, and Kansas City. While two of them were playoff teams, they were ranked 22nd, 25th and 28th against the pass respectively.

Also, He only has 2 TDs, 59 receptions, and 833 yards, which averages to a little over 52 yards a game, since the contract extension. That would rank him below 40th in the league in yards per game since the extension. And as far as the rank in touchdowns among receivers, lets just say its sad when Johnnie Lee Higgins scores more than your number one receiver.

I've seen Lee play in 3 of the 4 games this year, and frankly it looks like he just doesnt care anymore, and i dont blame him for that. With this coaching staff I find it hard to believe that most of these guys till care.

But is it because of the coaching, or is he content with his contract that he realizes he can just sit back and get paid?

So I beg to ask the question, is lee evans worth the extension the team paid him? or has the team wasted more money yet again?

He can only catch what's thrown to him (and for the most part, he usually does). The guy is an awesome player. Not his fault that the QB has no balls.

Lee Evans is a good receiver. In my mind there are a couple of contributing reasons for his fall in production.

1. Evans is not the best route runner and his forte has been, and will always be going over the top. This is why he was so productive with JP.

2. Trent seems to key on Tightends, backs and slot receivers rather than his outside receivers.

3. I do believe the constantly changing offensive schemes have effected him.

He can only catch what's thrown to him (and for the most part, he usually does). The guy is an awesome player. Not his fault that the QB has no balls.

What could make anyone think Lee Evans is an awesome player?

Larry Fitzgerald is awesome.

Lee Evans is average with an awesome paycheck.

When exactly have you seen awesome from Lee Evans?

This is the problem. How many people pay to see Lee Evans do nothing every week?

L.E. is making $9 mil. this season.

T.O. $6.5 mil.

That's roughly $1 million per game for those 2 players.

This season they have a combined total of 18 catches and 2 Td's.

That's roughly $250,000.00 per reception and $2 million per touchdown.

Great work, if you can get it.

T.O. $6.5 mil.

My reaction is to cry. But at this point I can only laugh at the ineptitude. :nana:

That's my sense from all the receivers. They probably run a bunch of routes where they're wide open all game, never get any balls from checkdown charlie, and get frustrated. Or, maybe they're asked to run routes that are easily covered, can't get open, and are frustrated.

T.O. $6.5 mil.

Then why is neither of them happy?

Get them somebody who can get them "the damned ball". They are both damned good recievers, we just don't get them the ball. Remember folks, it all starts with the blocking up front. We're hurting there. I love the interior of the line. It's not great, but it will be. But the tackles-CPR NOW. I want our center and two guards on the team. I like them and think they'll be very good if not dominant in the next few years. Trent either needs to grow a set or we need to draft a QB next year. Because there's no one out there right now that I think we can pin our hopes on.

What could make anyone think Lee Evans is an awesome player?

Larry Fitzgerald is awesome.

Lee Evans is average with an awesome paycheck.

When exactly have you seen awesome from Lee Evans?

This is the problem. How many people pay to see Lee Evans do nothing every week?

What's Larry done this year? Word is Warner isn't getting the ball to him enough... sound familiar?

The two most common critcisms are:

1. Evans can't get open

2. Evans can't run routes

For both, I can safely say, none of you know what the hell you are talking about, but are just looking for a reason to blame him for a drop in production.

You don't know what route he's supposed to run unless you know the plays beforehand, so cut the crap. And unless you are at the game, you don't know if he's open or not as cameras don't usually focus on receivers once the snap is made. The few games I have been to, even when he's double/triple-teamed, he is open, but doesn't get thrown to.

This media-generated flavour of the year receiver nonsense has really gotten out of hand. This year Fitzgerald is the best, the year before Moss reclaimed the crown, a few years ago Steve Smith was the greatest. Funny how nobody talks about him much anymore. Did he all of a sudden become crap? No. He's still good but his QB is playing like crap right now.

Other than Andre Johnson, I can't think of another star receiver who's been dealt with such a $hitty hand for so many years in regards to the offense around him. That's not an excuse for Lee, it's the truth. If I didn't love the Bills so much, I would love it if he got traded and got to play in a halfway competent offense with a decent QB. If he was one of those diva receivers who demanded the ball, then maybe we wouldn't hear things like "he's invisible" or "he's overpaid". You would think with the huge drop in Owens' production from last year, people would finally see that it's not Evans, it's the QB/scheme. Guess not though.

Other than Andre Johnson, I can't think of another star receiver who's been dealt with such a $hitty hand for so many years in regards to the offense around him.

Eric Moulds...paging Eric Moulds...

Lee is CLEARY the victim of an awful situation. Watching our offense is the most frustrating thing in the world. It looks absolutely NOTHING like a pro, NFL offense. And i'm not just saying this because of the last few weeks, its like this in every single game we play. even when we score 30 points i have an uneasy feeling about it because of the way we get down the field. When our screens and passes to tight ends are effective (ex. New England game), we all praise the offense for a great game plan and for playing to the defenses weaknesses. but that isn't a game plan, its the ONLY WAY we are able to move the ball. Tell me the last time you saw a 12-15 yard out or curl? tell me the last time you saw a post? tell me the last time you saw a long ball that wasnt pre-determined at the line of scrimmage, where trent just takes 3 steps and chucks it up the sidelines? never because it just isnt possible with this offense. I dont know who to blame anymore. i want trent to succeed badly but i just dont think he has it, and part of the reason he doesnt have it is the coaching and the conservative approach. But IMO it hasnt NOTHING to do with our receivers. Josh Reed is our leading receiver because he isnt on the outside where the tough throws need to be made. Lee has great hands and great speed, two of the least coachable attributes of a good receiver. its a crying shame we couldnt develop that or give him the opportunity to play to his potential

Evans cannot get open. (let him explain that.) Owens drops balls or gives up on them. But the main culprit is Evans, who hasn't lost a step to age; he just doesn't know how to get open. Alex needs to work on this.

Alex Van Pelt is not an offensive coordinator. He was coaching high school a few years ago, wasn't he?