I wonder if Chris Polian would take the GM job here?

ACor58

I think our best shot is if Brandon gets 'promoted' to team President, and is therefore in charge of hiring a GM, but otherwise does not have a definite impact on football operations. He seems to be the only guy off-field who even has a prayer of being a decent mind.

I don't know if Russ would want to bring in a guy that would potentially try and usurp his position (Assuming he gets that position). If Chris Polian where to be brought in you bet you ass he is going to want a lot of control if not full control of football operations. Chris Polian comes here he comes on his terms with full power and the ability to hire any coach he wants. If you are Chris Polian is there anyway you come to Buffalo unless you are the top guy when you could wait to take over for your dad in a better situation?

Why does everyone think Polian is this football GM God? What has he done since leaving Buffalo? He had one of the best QB's to play the game fall into his lap while drafting at the top of the draft and has won 1 Super bowl. His defences have been mediocre all while they ride a strong offence made up of some high draft picks cause they were bad for so long. Where would Polian be without Manning being a Colt?

You said it. He drafts very well...unlike the Bills.

Why does everyone think Polian is this football GM God? What has he done since leaving Buffalo? He had one of the best QB's to play the game fall into his lap while drafting at the top of the draft and has won 1 Super bowl. His defences have been mediocre all while they ride a strong offence made up of some high draft picks cause they were bad for so long. Where would Polian be without Manning being a Colt?

A competive team every year! WTF do we have here?

I would love to see Ralph make the move, especially since Chris spent a good portion of his life in Buffalo.

I would shitcan Modrak and Guy because they suck.

I would shitcan Russ Brandon for not shitcanning Modrak and Guy last year.

And I would shitcan Chuck Lester because he looks like Paul Hamilton.

Let the younger Polian one up his old man.

I like it...especially shitcanning Lester because he looks like Paul Numbnuts Hamilton. :wallbash:

If we need a staff assistant...we can get Jim Bob Cooter! (page 27)

http://www.colts.com/images/news_photos/co...aguide_sec1.pdf

Best name ever!

I'm with ya Shnooks. Probably we should find Billy Joe Hobart (or Billy Joe Tolliver for that matter) and make him offensive coordinator too!

I guess I don't understand why everyone thinks it so important to have a "fooball mind" as the GM. What if that football mind was Modrak or John Guy, would that be better. Yeah it's great if you can pick a good GM, then again RB would look like a genius if everyone of Guy's and Modraks picks were to work out. You can argue that if RB was a football mind then he'd know whether Guy and Modrak's suggestions were good or not and that's true. But in reality if a football mind is in the top position, then he's going to pick the player he thinks are best. So again it just goes ina big circle and comes back to if they guy making the choice in players picks the right ones everyone else looks great too. If not regardless of what position he's in, everyone else also looks bad.

What qualifies Russ Brandon as a GM?