Aaron Rodgers vs Trent Edwards

I agree Rodgers is a better QB, but Edwards has a much better record. Are the Bills that much more talented of a team than the Packers?

Geezus, another QB records comparison to Trent...when does it stop...Trents record stinks, its below .500 and we didnt win because he had good games, in fact, many of those wins he had an average game at best. We also missed the playoffs last year after a 6-2 start because Trent was BEYOND bad in ALL four division games, all of which we still almost won despite his 4 horrible games in them (the other two were equally bad by JP). And almost ALL of our wins with him as our QB came against teams with LOSING records...

GB's record last year was NOT becuase of bad QB play...they suffered from a below average defense and a struggling running game with a much tougher schedule.

Not to mention, Rodgers has only played one season and 4 games...OF COURSE he had a few growing pains, but overall he is lightyears better than Trent.

So please, enough with the "look at his record" statement...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Geezus, another QB records comparison to Trent...when does it stop...Trents record stinks, its below .500 and we didnt win because he had good games, in fact, many of those wins he had an average game at best. We also missed the playoffs last year after a 6-2 start because Trent was BEYOND bad in ALL four division games, all of which we still almost won despite his 4 horrible games in them (the other two were equally bad by JP). And almost ALL of our wins with him as our QB came against teams with LOSING records...

GB's record last year was NOT becuase of bad QB play...they suffered from a below average defense and a struggling running game with a much tougher schedule.

Not to mention, Rodgers has only played one season and 4 games...OF COURSE he had a few growing pains, but overall he is lightyears better than Trent.

So please, enough with the "look at his record" statement...

Blah. The Packs are a way more talented team and they lsoe more games than the Bilsl the last 2 seasons. They also got to play the Lions twice. I'll never say that Trent is better than Rodgers but some QBs make plays that help lose games. Rodgers, for all his skill, is in that category until prove otherwise.

Blah. The Packs are a way more talented team and they lsoe more games than the Bilsl the last 2 seasons. They also got to play the Lions twice. I'll never say that Trent is better than Rodgers but some QBs make plays that help lose games. Rodgers, for all his skill, is in that category until prove otherwise.

I'm guessing you were in the crowd that thought Trent was a better QB than Jay Cutler too huh?

Here's comparing Trent's 2008 (14 games started) to Aaron's 2008 (16 games started)

Comp. %

Trent - 65.5%

Aaron - 63.6%

Yards Per Game Average

Trent - 192

Aaron - 252

TDs vs. Int

Trent - 11 TDs / 10 INTs

Aaron - 28 TDs / 11 INTs

There's a reason the Packers (an organization that's used to winning) has signed him to a six year, $65 million contract extension through the 2014 season and ours will be looking to hold JPs clipboard again in Vegas...

No comparison. Rodgers is light-years better than Trent.

Curious...How are they are a way more talented team outside of QB? Lets look...

DL - Bills (its close, although Raji and Maybins development will go a long way on swaying this more one way or the other)

LB's - Packers

DB's - Push

Safeties - Bills

OL - Push (both suck)

RB - Bills

WR's/TE's - Push

ST - Bills

So, where do you get that they are "way more" talented than us? The only area they are "way" more talented is at QB...the LB's are better too, but other than that, we are pretty much on par or better in the other categories.

ANd why are you bringing up the Lions, I mean we played KC, SF, Jax, Oak, St. Louis, Sea, and Cle last year, all amongst the worst in the league last year...thats 44% of our games last year were against teams that were in the bottom 25% of the leage and we still missed the playoffs. I assure you, their schedule was much tougher than ours last year, especially for a first year starting QB under the immense spotlight and pressure Aaron was under. In fact, here is who the other people on their schedule were not named the Lions...

Two solid divisional opponents twice:

Chi x2 -

Min x2 -

Then some solid to pretty good teams last year in:

Dallas

Atlanta

Saints

Carolina

Houston

Tampa Bay

Then Elite teams last year

Indy

Tenn

Curious...How are they are a way more talented team outside of QB? Lets look...

DL - Bills (its close, although Raji and Maybins development will go a long way on swaying this more one way or the other)

LB's - Packers

DB's - Push

Safeties - Bills

OL - Push (both suck)

RB - Bills

WR's/TE's - Push

ST - Bills

DL- Not "Close" at all. Ryan Pickett/Jolly/Jenkins throw in Raji and when they throw some 4-3 with Kampman playing his natural dend position it sways it heavily in Gb's favor. Our dline is horrible outside of Stroud/Schobel. We have no depth.

LB- Packers by a mile

Db- Packers. Don't be fooled by the drafting of multiple db's. We lost our good corners when Clements/Winfield/Greer were all shown the door for various reasons. Mcgee is a solid tackler, but outside of him currently on the Bills what corner would you say is actually "good" or holds up well. Mckelvin is terribly raw oh and he's out for the year. Youboty is always hurt/inconsistent. Corner has shown some promise a nickle back. We havent had anything approaching al harris/woodson since clements/winfield. We're a little better at safety but I'd take the packers corners over the Bills.

OL- I'll say this is a push but Chad Clifton healthy makes me want to give an edge to Gb.

Rb- Yeah no contest Buffalo

Wr/TE- Stop overrating the Bills here. It's a joke. Evans/Owens/Reed are the only capable wr's we currently have the rest of the group is nothing more than st's players who can't play wr. Te's aren't even debatable. The Bills would kill to have someone as talented as Jermichael Finley. Maybe they do in Shawn Nelson that's yet to be seen, but Finley is the real deal. Throw in Donald Lee and it's a better dup than our top 2 te's even with Schouman healthy.

Driver/Jennings/Nelson/Jones are better than Evans/Owens/Reed/Parrish

St- Ehh The Bills st's hardly look special anymore, we'll see as the season goes on right now I'll give them an edge

I agree Rodgers is a better QB, but Edwards has a much better record. Are the Bills that much more talented of a team than the Packers?

eh, it's not rodgers' fault. green bay had a top-5 offense last year, and a bottom ten defense.

Watching that game last night made myself and all of my buddies over super jealous. Why are the Bills completely incapable of throwing a simple curl/slant/crossing pattern over the middle?

Its so frustrating. I watch Rodgers fight under extreme Jared Allen duress all night, yet still fought to make plays down the field. That 4th down drop obviously killed that game. This is what the difference is between real football and Bills football. 1 FG! THE WHOLE GAME! 1!

30-23 Final. That's a football score. How are we so incapable of being in a 3rd and makeable scenario-3rd and 7, 3rd and 6, etc, and have the receivers never open. Yet GB and Minny time and again hit their receivers IN STRIDE for the 1st down.

Trent simply cannot throw to receivers/RBs/TE on the run. He is inept at slants, crosses or any play designed for YAC. I hate everything.

He was known to do this in only that one single game never to do it again...Rodgers continuously does this...

This is one of those times you gotta just throw in the towel and realize you stuck your foot in your mouth on this one... :flirt:

Actually, Johnson did it a number of times for the Bills - against SF, St. Louis, and NO in 1998, against GB, San Diego, and KC in 2000, and against Indy in 1999. He put up big stats in all of those games, and looked like a stud doing it. The guy had skills -- athletic, a great arm, and an ability to attack down the field. Of course, he was constantly pummeled and nicked up, and it was always the line's fault (or so the story went). Surprisingly, for all of Flutie's flaws, he was rarely sacked and never got hurt despite playing with the same guys. The same could be said about Favre when comparing him with Rogers (although I certainly don't mean to compare Favre and Flutie). I could be proven wrong about Rogers, and I hope for his sake that I am, but he's a guy who took over a 13-3 team that suffered no dropoff in talent and led them to 6-10 while putting up gauzy stats. Favre took over a 4-12 team that had no real upgrade in talent besides him (Vernon Gholston, anyone?) and took them to 8-3 before collapsing to 9-7 due to an injury to Favre's throwing arm. The Vikings are now 4-0, and would probably be 2-2 if Tarvaris Jackson was still playing QB for them. The Pack would probably be 3-1 or so if they still had Favre.

Enh. Rogers may look better than Edwards, but the guy looks like the second coming of Rob Johnson to me. A California with good stats, not that many victories, way too many sacks, and some brittleness.

Actually you are doing a better job of describing Edwards than you are of Rodgers.

I honestly cannot believe that there are some people around here that truly believe that Trent Edwards is anywhere near the quarterback that Aaron Rodgers is right now. It is not even close at any level of the game you could possibly analyze. It takes watching about 15 minutes of both a Bills and Packers game to figure this out. Another poster hit the nail right on the head when he talked about Edwards' very average play even in games that come out on the winning end. When is the last time you found yourself saying at the end of the game that "Trent won us that game"? I can't think of the last time. Maybe last year against San Diego? Even that's a stretch, as the defense had to come up with a huge stand near the endzone to preserve the win. Talk about rose-colored glasses around here with this guy. Just because Losman sucked and and you hated him when he was here doesn't mean that Trent is any better at this point. They both have a pretty long list of individual flaws in their game. Trent's flaws as a quarterback are becoming more and more evident by the game.

Edwards just doesnt have the arm to make the throws. I hate when people say Trent can throw the deep ball because he had some long completions. When you think about his long completions they are all the exact same throw, a 3 step toss up the sideline. These kinds of throws do not constitute a strong arm in my book. He can't throw a post, he can't throw a deep out, the only throw he can make beyond 15-20 yards is a 35-45 yard toss up the sidelines. grant it it may take some ability to make a throw like that, but in reality most high school quarterbacks can take a snap, take 3 steps back, and throw it as far as they can up the sideline. Those throws do not show arm strength at all IMO.

BTW- Aaron Rodgers took 8 sacks last night and leads the league (Trent is 2nd). That being said, Rodgers is a better QB. That TD pass he threw to (Finley?) was a beauty. He stepped up to avoid the pressure and rolled right, lofted a nice rope down the middle of the field hitting the guy in stride. That's a pass that Trent just doesn't want to make anymore.

BTW- Aaron Rodgers took 8 sacks last night and leads the league (Trent is 2nd). That being said, Rodgers is a better QB. That TD pass he threw to (Finley?) was a beauty. He stepped up to avoid the pressure and rolled right, lofted a nice rope down the middle of the field hitting the guy in stride. That's a pass that Trent just doesn't want to make anymore.

That's actually a pass I don't think Trent has the arm to make.

I'd pay triple for season tickets if the Bills had Aaron Rodgers and Jared Allen. Edwards is not in the same league as Rodgers. Stats are useless. Rodgers can play, Edwards can't. In fact, this is funny to me but I think Losman would beat out Edwards in Las Vegas right now. Edwards will be listed near the bottom of the Bills QB list among recent legends like JP, Rob Johnson, Billy Joe Hobert and Drew Bledsoe.

By the way, Jared Allen is a crazy nut job and a great, great player. Would kill for the Bills to have just one player like him. His enthusiam alone would do wonders for the sorry ass Bills. Although, Dick would probably tell him to tone it down and cut out all the sacks. No need for that.