Hey all you Jason Peters haters

I like Reed.. but should he be ranked #10? I guess by the stats..

It's still early in the season. He should indeed be ranked #10, based on what has happened so far this season, but this isn't yet a representative sample of games. Around mid-season, things will settle down, if history is a good indicator. let's see where Reed ranks then.

And Peters too.

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy didnt want an extension from the bills, his agent eugene parker told the bills he wanted out and wouldnt negotiate and he spun it to the media that the bills wouldnt extend him. We all knew he was good the man just didnt wanna be in buffalo at all

I'm sorry, but this is just not true.

He told the Bills that he was going to play out the next two seasons with the Bills and then re-sign elsewhere, yes. Any idea when it was that he said that? The day that he was traded. The point being that he said only after a season and a half of ruinous negotiations followed by a total lack of any basis for an agreement.

In other words, it was only after it became very obvious that the Bills were not going to pay market value that Peters said he no longer wanted to be there.

There are two possible reasons for saying this:

1) Yet another negotiating position in the long-term battle.

2) Peters had genuinely given up hope that Russ would ever give him a market-level contract, and was serious about wanting to get out of Buffalo BECAUSE BUFFALO WOULDN'T PAY HIM.

There is no evidence whatsoever that he didn't want to be here. It's just sour-grapes thinking.

As someone who has a bunch of friends who Eagles fan, Peters get his share of penalties too.

You Peters haters will say anything, won't you? As long as it makes Peters look bad, that is.

Peters had two penalties in week one. Both were false starts. And none since.

Two false starts in your first game with a new team, a new QB and a new blocking system. That's pretty understandable. And none since.

Two penalties in week one.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/moving_...nalty_woes.html

Two penalties total in the first two games. And both came in week one (

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/moving_...nalty_woes.html

Zero penalties in the third game. Three total penalties on Philly, totalling 20 yards, on D. Howard, M. Fotou and E. Buckley.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009092706/2...post-playbyplay

Quiet??? Guess again. :lol:

I know you've probably already sent in your Pro Bowl ballot, but I haven't been quiet at all - the only reason FatBoy didn't give up a sack yesterday is 'cause the Eagles had a bye week!

FYI, Mr. 6-Wonderlic-Fat-Lazy-Stupid-Tub-o'-Goo has given up 4 sacks so far this season. If we extrapolate that over a full season, he'd be giving up over 21 sacks in a sixteen game season - or roughly double his league-leading 11.5 sacks allowed last year. (But he hasn't managed to play 16 games in either of the last 2 seasons, has he? :lol: )

Hey, give 'im a big raise and send 'im to Hawaii!!! :ph34r::w00t:

Quiet??? Not me. Hell no. I've been screaming from the rooftops about FatBoy's failure!!! :D

Senator, I know you hate Peters, but shouldn't the facts have something to do with your assessment? Your numbers are waaaaaaaay off:

http://profootballfocus.com/by_position.ph...&numgames=1

According to these guys, he's allowed 1 sack in 3 games and is the highest overall rated lineman in the NFL. That doesn't seem like failure to me...

Yes, bandit - Kolb has been sacked 3 times, but - according to your site - no one else on the Eagles team has given up a sack. Must be the new math.

And Garcia fumbled the ball on his first exchange from center in his one series with the Eagles - which would have made four sacks, had the Chiefs not recovered the fumble.

I'm just going by what I read on the Eagles fan blogs, bandit, which I follow quite closely - want to be sure I haven't misjudged or falsely maligned your beloved Jason - and they seem to credit FatSlob with all 4 sacks/QB tackles-behind-the-LOS.

So far, the Eagles fans don't love FatBoy nearly as much as you do. Sorry.

Senny, have they taught you to read your tables yet? Go look at Winston Justice's stats on the same website you just cited. You will see that:

1) He's on Philly.

2) He's credited with two sacks allowed.

In my "new math," one sack by Peters and two by Justice equals three total allowed by Philly. Wow, what nutty "new math," to imply that 1 + 2 = 3. You really made your point there.

Here:

http://www.nfl.com/teams/philadelphiaeagle...istics?team=PHI

The team has only given up 3 sacks.

The two sacks in week 1 came from the right side of the offensive line: 1 by Peppers against Stacy Andrews, 1 by Louis Leonard against Max Jean-Gilles.

According to the game log, the sack against NO was credited to Bobby McCray, which came against Peters.

So I guess the Eagle fans are pretty clueless, since I don't think one guy can give up 4 sacks when the team has only given up 3.

But you guys can go ahead and say whatever makes you feel better.

Yes, bandit, I already acknowledged that their web site says Kolb took only 3 sacks. :flirt:

You really need to get a life - maybe find something else to wash, now that Jason's ball are in another city.

Absolutely hilarious exchange here. I almost wet myself.

First Senator claims that Peters has been credited with four sacks. Then Bandit corrects him, saying that he's been credited with one, not four, and that he's the highest-rated guy in the league. Then, hilariously, Senator ignores the stats about sacks, tries to blame Peters for Garcia fumbling ON THE EXCHANGE (I almost coughed up my gall bladder on that one, man does illogical unfettered unreasonable hatred ever shine through here), and in the same post totally misreads the stats on the website, and STILL tries to blame Peters for four sacks when he has one and the entire team has three.

I mean, Senator just flat-out ignores the evidence and refuses to hear the stats because he's been reading Eagles boards and following them quite closely, all without even bothering to give us a link.

Bandit gives him more facts, pointing out that the game logs don't even begin to allow Senny's interpretations. And then Senny says he already agreed that there were three sacks. Of course, what Senny doesn't say is that Bandit ALSO proved that Peters is credited with one and one only, and that two sources back that up and none back up Senny. Senny hasn't agreed to that. Also hasn't even tried to prove it wrong, because how would you.

And then Senny rolls his eyes. Oh my God, too funny. How you roll your eyes when you have been proven wrong in every particular and refused to admit most of it ... that's beyond me. Hilarious stuff, absolutely cracked me up.

You can continue to chirp and chirp until you run out of energy, but you are still flat out wrong- nothing would have come of us resigning Peters to an overinflated contract- Jauron would still suck, Edwards would still suck, our defense would still be missing key starters, and a losing season would still be imminent!

Continue to waste your time by all means- it is your right, but IMO you are still dead wrong, and will be no matter how loud you are.

You can continue to chirp and chirp until you run out of energy, but you are still flat out wrong- nothing would have come of us resigning Peters to an overinflated contract- Jauron would still suck, Edwards would still suck, our defense would still be missing key starters, and a losing season would still be imminent!

Continue to waste your time by all means- it is your right, but IMO you are still dead wrong, and will be no matter how loud you are.

no. Nailing down left tackle would have been a good beginning. Drafting a quality right tackle (Oher) and the offensive line would have been pretty much solidified. Given more time I suspect TE would have been able to utilize Evans and TO in the vertical game or been benched. The running game would have been solid. DJ would have fixed the largest and most glaring hole on offense. But don't worry..Maybin will explode and be the next Bruce Smith in the next few games.

First, it was market value. You can pretend it was overinflated if you like, but that's what happens to salaries in football. If you are one of the top players at a position, the salaries keep going up.

And hey, you may be right, though there's no way to know for sure. But at least we would have a much better left tackle situation. And with a much better LT situation, Trent would have less reason for his happy feet and quick checkdowns. If he is ever going to turn it around, a good LT would help. A lot. And if he isn't, a good LT would radically improve the situation and likely the health of the new QB, whoever he is.

And you're right again, I'll try not to waste my time reading posts like yours.

no. Nailing down left tackle would have been a good beginning. Drafting a quality right tackle (Oher) and the offensive line would have been pretty much solidified. Given more time I suspect TE would have been able to utilize Evans and TO in the vertical game or been benched. The running game would have been solid. DJ would have fixed the largest and most glaring hole on offense. But don't worry..Maybin will explode and be the next Bruce Smith in the next few games.

Man, I hope you're right about Maybin, though I suspect it may take longer if it happens. That would be a huge improvement.

Please tell us about how awesome Peters is one he plays a real defense (i.e. the Giants). Wow, he is a stud agaisnt KC. He still hasn't proven he is a $10 million LT and Bell, who made mistakes, should flashes of being a good player.

Actually, since you asked, he played extremely well against the Giants in 07 before getting hurt. After he went out, it was jailbreak time for Umenyiora. Prior to that, he had been completely bottled up.

How utterly predictable - but if that were true, you'd be responding to your own posts. :flirt:

Hey, babe. I'm not the one who said Peters was responsible for four sacks when the facts are that the entire team had allowed only three.

I'm not the one who looked at the website and said that no other Eagles players were listed as having a sack when a two-second look shows that Winston Justice is listed with two.

Flat-out mistakes. Flat-out wrong. That wasn't me. That was you, Senator. And you STILL haven't admitted that you were wrong on any point except the fact that the Eagles don't have four sacks. Your hatred of Peters drives you right off the deep end.

I'm actually sorry you answered so quickly. I was going to edit my last post and make it less harsh, something like "... compelled to respond to factual errors." Sorry I got there too late.

It's true, I do feel compelled to answer idiocy.

Talking to yourself is a sign of impending mental collapse, so they you'd be engaging in idiocy AND be ripe for the asylum.

SACKS!

PETERS!

GAH!

We would still have Jauron as coach- we'd be 6-10 instead of 4-12.. WHOOPIEEEEEE!!! :flirt:

Hey, babe. I'm not the one who said Peters was responsible for four sacks when the facts are that the entire team had allowed only three.

I'm not the one who looked at the website and said that no other Eagles players were listed as having a sack when a two-second look shows that Winston Justice is listed with two.

Flat-out mistakes. Flat-out wrong. That wasn't me. That was you, Senator. And you STILL haven't admitted that you were wrong on any point except the fact that the Eagles don't have four sacks. Your hatred of Peters drives you right off the deep end.

I'm actually sorry you answered so quickly. I was going to edit my last post and make it less harsh, something like "... compelled to respond to factual errors." Sorry I got there too late.

You'll do this all day & night, wont' you?!!! :ph34r:

I'll give ya this, when it comes to defending the indefensible, you're truly indefatigable. :flirt:

Talking to yourself is a sign of impending mental collapse, so they you'd be engaging in idiocy AND be ripe for the asylum.

SACKS!

PETERS!

GAH!

We would still have Jauron as coach- we'd be 6-10 instead of 4-12.. WHOOPIEEEEEE!!! :flirt:

Looks like I'd have company in the asylum. Heh heh. Probably lots of Bills fans there to keep us company.

Also, I like your argument. Let's not bother to improve our personnel, because we'll still be losers. Have you considered that you may have been a Bills fan for too long. Something may have broken inside.

I notice all of you Jason Pets haters are quiet now...maybe Peters will send you a postcard from the NFL Playoffs or the Super Bowl! :flirt::ph34r::w00t::lol:

How has Peters played for the Eagles? And I will take Eric Wood for Jason Peters, thank you

OK....somebody correct me if I am wrong please......

This was not a trade of Peters for Bell....

It was a trade of Peters for Wood and Nelson...correct?

Bell was already on the roster....and the bills liked what they saw of him. They had a player in Peters who was being a hold out head ache and rejecting every offer the bills made to sign him and even flat out said he was going to play out his contract (after holding out as long as he could in preseason) and then bolt when his contract was up (this was a direct quote I saw in an article)

Soooooo.....if Wood becomes a pro bowler and Shawn Nelson turns into a stud tight end.....both of which being very possible. Then would it be a good net trade? I think so.

Bell was already on the roster....and the bills liked what they saw of him. They had a player in Peters who was being a hold out head ache and rejecting every offer the bills made to sign him and even flat out said he was going to play out his contract (after holding out as long as he could in preseason) and then bolt when his contract was up (this was a direct quote I saw in an article)

Soooooo.....if Wood becomes a pro bowler and Shawn Nelson turns into a stud tight end.....both of which being very possible. Then would it be a good net trade? I think so.

Stop making sense.

Especially if the Eagles' $60 Million FatBoy keeps getting penalized for false starts and once again leads the league in sacks-allowed. :flirt:

How has Peters played for the Eagles? And I will take Eric Wood for Jason Peters, thank you

Very well. That's kind of the point of the thread.

Again, it's too early to say, but the main possible knock on Peters has never been talent. It has been motivation. Some people thought that signing a big contract would destroy his motivation to play. Early indicators are that that is not true. And if it's not true, then the Eagles have made themselves a very good deal.

If we have a very good LT at that time, yes. If we don't, absolutely not.

LT is a much more important position than either center or TE, and it's much easier to find good players at center and TE than it is to get a good LT. Look at this year's draft. To get a good LT, you had to have a pick in the first eight of the draft, 2nd, 6th or 8th overall. Whereas this year, one guy (Mack) was considered a once-in-a-decade prospect at center. He went 21st. The best center available in the draft goes in the first round about once every three years. It's just easier to get a top-flight center.

At TE, the top guy went 20th. Every so often a super-athletic TE goes in the top ten (Winslow, Gonzalez, Shockey or Vernon Davis) but most top TEs are drafted later, guys like Schiancoe, Bennett and obviously Nelson, assuming he works out. Witten is a third-rounder, Cooley is a third-rounder, Gates is a UDFA, Tony Gonzalez was drafted 13th in the first round, and Kellen Winslow was another high-first rounder and those were the 5 Pro-Bowlers, 3/5 of whom were third rounders or UDFAs.

Second-round TEs are often very successful.

But most good LTs (with Peters being a major exception because of his college coach's decision to play him as a 320 pound TE) are high first-rounders.

If we get the LT position covered by an upper echelon guy, the trade will look much better. If not ... no, it will not look good.

Again, it's too early to say, but the main possible knock on Peters has never been talent. It has been motivation. Some people thought that signing a big contract would destroy his motivation to play. Early indicators are that that is not true. And if it's not true, then the Eagles have made themselves a very good deal.

Again, who have the Eagles played? Let's see how Peters plays against the Giants before you anoint him.

John, I have written this in response to your posts about eight times. Like, absorb it, dude.

Yes, Peters said he was going to play out his contract. He said that the same day that he was traded. Two possible reasons he said it:

1) His newest bargaining position.

2) He actually thought that the Bills had finally shown that they really were not going to pay him market value.

He and the Bills were about $2 million apart. Splitting the difference (and the evidence shows that this was what Peters was targeting, since the Bills made an official offer and Peters's first official offer was high enough that if you split the diff it came out to about $10 mill. Then the Bills raised their offer to somewhere in the vague neighborhood of Lee Evans's contract and again Peters lowered his offer so that if you split the diff, it came out to about $10 mill. In other words, he wanted about one extra mill. When the Eagles swooped in, surprise, surprise they agreed to a contract right at $10 mill in two hours.

Peters wanted to play in Buffalo, but only if the Bills paid market value. They got rid of him in a refusal to improve their offer by about 11 - 12 %.

You also say that Peters "even flat out said he was going to play out his contract (after holding out as long as he could in preseason) ..." LINK, PLEASE!!! Where exactly did Peters say he would hold out again. That has been assumed by posters, particularly those who hate Peters, but never did Peters say that.

But prove me wrong about that and show a LINK where Peters says he will hold out.

Again, who have the Eagles played? Let's see how Peters plays against the Giants before you anoint him.

I said "Again, it's too early to say..."

And then I said "Early indicators are that that is not true."

Is that your idea of anointing? You ought to get out and around a bit.

Anyway, it's not like he hasn't played them before. He went through the NFC East with the Bills in 2007. Reid went back and watched the film and said he performed extremely well, and that that footage was a lot of the reason they acquired Peters.

The Bills said that Peters was responsible for one and a half sacks that year. I just don't think the Eagles are worried, and for good reason. Anyway, we'll see.

Especially if the Eagles' $60 Million FatBoy keeps getting penalized for false starts and once again leads the league in sacks-allowed. :cry:

Ha ha ha ha ha.

You know you're really desperate when you go back to that non-stat arrived at by guessing.

Two false starts in the first game with a new team, new QB and new system. None since. Wow.

The thing that cracks me up is that you were caught out being utterly and totally wrong by and you STILL haven't admitted it. First you tried to play it off, and now you're just ignoring it.

Let's hear it, Senny. You said Peters had allowed four sacks this year, and your way of getting out of that one was to admit later that the team had had only three, but to argue that nobody else on the o-line had been credited with a sack allowed (a nonsense stat anyway), and that the folks on the Eagles boards were saying Peters was responsible for all of them.

One problem. On the website you said had not credited anyone else with any sacks allowed, it actually credited Justice (the tackle on the other side of the line from Peters) with two sacks. Yeah, the Eagles fans probably confused sacks committed by Justice, the RT's man, with possibly being committed by Peters, the LT's man. You know, because they play so close to each other on the line.

Still waiting to hear you admit that you were wrong and man up. But frankly I doubt you're capable of it.

Ha ha ha ha ha.

You know you're really despeblah blah b;ah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blab blab blah balh blah blah balh blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

blah b;ah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blab blab blah balh blah blah balh blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

blah b;ah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blab blab blah balh blah blah balh blah blah blah blah blah blah blah I love Jason Peters.

fixed

John, I have written this in rblah b;ah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blab blab blah balh blah blah balh blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

blah b;ah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blab blab blah balh blah blah balh blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

blah b;ah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blab blab blah balh blah blah balh blah blah blah blah blah blah blah I love Jason Peters.

fixed

If we have a very gooblah b;ah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blab blab blah balh blah blah balh blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

fixed

Where were you until both of our starting tackles were injured? The line was looking very good until both Butler and Bell went down. So yeah, when we have our starters in I'm a fan. We need some more depth. I will agree with you that I'd like Peters over Chambers and Scott.

Senator, I know you hate Peters, but shouldn't the facts have something to do with your assessment? Your numbers are waaaaaaaay off:

http://profootballfocus.com/by_position.ph...&numgames=1

According to these guys, he's allowed 1 sack in 3 games and is the highest overall rated lineman in the NFL. That doesn't seem like failure to me...

Bandit,

That link also says that Edwards is the 8th rated QB. Your link and argument is now crap.

Exactly when did Peters demand that a certain percentage of the team's cap be dedicatd to himself? I don't remember that. you seem to be concerned that Buffalo, a team that had almost $20M of cap room, would be spending half of that room on one player (their ONLY pro bowl player). Forgive me if I don't share that concern.

And yes, I do consider the off-field act of holding out to be the same, regardless of how a player performs on the field. You to called Peters out for holding out of training camp, and I simply stated that holding out is holding out, no matter who it is or how a guy performs. Bruce held out just like Peters, only he did it repeatedly.

If you're going to claim that the situations are different, can I then assume that you'd have no issue with Peters' holdout if he had played his best football in 2008?

Didnt Lynch make the pro-bowl last year? Pretty sure that happened. And if you really want to continue to think JP made the pro-bowl legitamately and earned it you are fooling yourself.

Then you pointed out that Bruce unlike Peters held out repeatedly. Peters held out an entire off season in 08 and if we hadent traded him in 09 it was rumored that he planned to hold out again.

I still say that we should/could have resigned Peters if we had a little bit of insight to how good he might have been, or maybe we were under the impression that he would play out the contract that was already reworked that he signed. I know, its different because he originally signed as an UFA TE then moved to RT where he signed his contract and was underpaid for one of the premier LT's in the league. He still signed his contract though, and should have honored it. The Bills said if he got into camp they would talk about his deal and he never came in. They also told Lee Evans the same thing and he is signed long term now.

The jury is still out on Peters. Yes he is better than what we have now (thats not saying much) but to say he will not hold out again, or that he will be this dominant LT for the rest of his career is a joke. No one knows that for sure. Since you think you can predict the future can you please tell us when the Bills will get into the playoffs so I know when I should start watching games again?

You stated multiple times throughout this post that the rest of the site you linked shows that Peters is the #1 rated LT based on the fact that he has allowed 1 sack this year. You also have stated in previous posts that sacks given up is an unmeasurable stat. Im not going to look for a link, but we all know how you feel on the stat since that has been your only argument to JP giving up 11.5 sacks last year. It is also funny that JP is rated #1 among LT's in the league in the link you posted but Donald Penn of Tampa Bay has 0 sacks allowed but is rated #4. Whos to say any other LT in the league shouldnt be rated above Peters if they have similar or better statistics?

As you stated before, sacks are an unmeasurable stat and that is why the NFL does not record them. Its very clear as we all saw JP last year that he didnt deserve to be in the pro-bowl. Ruben Brown didnt deserve to go to Hawaii all those years he did either but he was a fan/league favorite. Its very possible that the rest of the players/coaches in the league voted JP in because they knew he deserved a bigger contract which is very true. But, he handled his business poorly during the holdout and it showed last season. He wasnt even close to as dominant as he was in 07, and again missed games due to injury (which happened to be at the end of the year when we were out of the playoff hunt), I still question his work ethic to this day.

I was in favor of signing JP for just about anything he was asking at first as he proved he deserved it, but the longer the holdout continued, and the attitude he had during the entire situation he proved that he didnt want to be here. JP showed no love for the Bills, the fans, the city of Buffalo while he was here, or after he left. He badmouthed the team and showed no class. He is gone now, we are done with the Jason Peters era in Buffalo. Can we just leave it alone now? Its obvious the Bills havent made the best decisions in the past few years. Chalk this one up to something that could/should have been but wasnt.

Bandit,

That link also says that Edwards is the 8th rated QB. Your link and argument is now crap.

As much as I appreciate you trying to dismiss an argument based on QB rankings that have nothing to do with this thread, you may choose to read the whole thread next time before you comment. We've been through this already. I could give a darn about their rankings, the stats are accurate. He's given up 1 sack. NFL.com game logs confirm this.

I don't care what the QB rankings are, the fact remains that Peters gave up 1 sack. Period.

So I guess your retort, and thus your counter-argument, are now crap.

As much as I appreciate you trying to dismiss an argument based on QB rankings that have nothing to do with this thread, you may choose to read the whole thread next time before you comment. We've been through this already. I could give a darn about their rankings, the stats are accurate. He's given up 1 sack. NFL.com game logs confirm this.

I don't care what the QB rankings are, the fact remains that Peters gave up 1 sack. Period.

So I guess your retort, and thus your counter-argument, are now crap.

In the famous words of yourself, read the entire thread. My next post explains all of that.

I respect your opinion Bandit, I just dont see why we should care anymore. Its over with now. Were not getting him back. And to say that JP is better than Bell after just 4 games, and only 2-3 with Bell starting/playing we dont really know jack at this point.

Personally I could give a crap about Peters. I keep looking at Dockery playing well with the Skins, would have been cheap to keep him and he seems to have some solid play. Walker, could have kept him where he played last year.

Didnt Lynch make the pro-bowl last year? Pretty sure that happened. And if you really want to continue to think JP made the pro-bowl legitamately and earned it you are fooling yourself.

Then you pointed out that Bruce unlike Peters held out repeatedly. Peters held out an entire off season in 08 and if we hadent traded him in 09 it was rumored that he planned to hold out again.

I still say that we should/could have resigned Peters if we had a little bit of insight to how good he might have been, or maybe we were under the impression that he would play out the contract that was already reworked that he signed. I know, its different because he originally signed as an UFA TE then moved to RT where he signed his contract and was underpaid for one of the premier LT's in the league. He still signed his contract though, and should have honored it. The Bills said if he got into camp they would talk about his deal and he never came in. They also told Lee Evans the same thing and he is signed long term now.

The jury is still out on Peters. Yes he is better than what we have now (thats not saying much) but to say he will not hold out again, or that he will be this dominant LT for the rest of his career is a joke. No one knows that for sure. Since you think you can predict the future can you please tell us when the Bills will get into the playoffs so I know when I should start watching games again?

You stated multiple times throughout this post that the rest of the site you linked shows that Peters is the #1 rated LT based on the fact that he has allowed 1 sack this year. You also have stated in previous posts that sacks given up is an unmeasurable stat. Im not going to look for a link, but we all know how you feel on the stat since that has been your only argument to JP giving up 11.5 sacks last year. It is also funny that JP is rated #1 among LT's in the league in the link you posted but Donald Penn of Tampa Bay has 0 sacks allowed but is rated #4. Whos to say any other LT in the league shouldnt be rated above Peters if they have similar or better statistics?

As you stated before, sacks are an unmeasurable stat and that is why the NFL does not record them. Its very clear as we all saw JP last year that he didnt deserve to be in the pro-bowl. Ruben Brown didnt deserve to go to Hawaii all those years he did either but he was a fan/league favorite. Its very possible that the rest of the players/coaches in the league voted JP in because they knew he deserved a bigger contract which is very true. But, he handled his business poorly during the holdout and it showed last season. He wasnt even close to as dominant as he was in 07, and again missed games due to injury (which happened to be at the end of the year when we were out of the playoff hunt), I still question his work ethic to this day.

I was in favor of signing JP for just about anything he was asking at first as he proved he deserved it, but the longer the holdout continued, and the attitude he had during the entire situation he proved that he didnt want to be here. JP showed no love for the Bills, the fans, the city of Buffalo while he was here, or after he left. He badmouthed the team and showed no class. He is gone now, we are done with the Jason Peters era in Buffalo. Can we just leave it alone now? Its obvious the Bills havent made the best decisions in the past few years. Chalk this one up to something that could/should have been but wasnt.

Pay attention mrags, and Senator, and everyone else that still doesn't get it:

Somebody started a thread about Peters, then somebody else claimed he's given up 4 sacks in 3 games, then I corrected that person by providing a link. The integrity of that link was questioned, so I provided links to NFL.com game logs to further support my statement that Peters has only given up 1 sack.

YOU are the one that wants to re-hash the entire argument. YOU should leave it alone. I know how I feel about it, and we all know how YOU feel about it.

You and a lot of other people continue to make stuff up about the guy "he's given up 4 sacks this year" (he hasn't), "he badmouthed the team" (umm, when?), "he didn't want to be here" (last time I checked, the TEAM traded HIM), "he has a questionable work ethic" (he worked hard enough to turn himself into a starting LT after being an undrafted TE, I bet that took more work than sitting on his couch eating cheetos), "you think you can predict the future" (umm, not sure where I said that, or even implied it, but hey--I bet it felt good to type that) in some attempt to justify the fact that the franchise traded him, and I just don't understand it.

Show me one place, one link, one reference to any of that crappola being true. For the last time: he wanted to be paid like a franchise left tackle. Period. It had nothing to do with the team, the city, the fans, etc. Nothing. When people stop making stuff up, I'll stop responding to it. Deal?

Pay attention mrags, and Senator, and everyone else that still doesn't get it:

Somebody started a thread about Peters, then somebody else claimed he's given up 4 sacks in 3 games, then I corrected that person by providing a link. The integrity of that link was questioned, so I provided links to NFL.com game logs to further support my statement that Peters has only given up 1 sack.

YOU are the one that wants to re-hash the entire argument. YOU should leave it alone. I know how I feel about it, and we all know how YOU feel about it.

You and a lot of other people continue to make stuff up about the guy "he's given up 4 sacks this year" (he hasn't), "he badmouthed the team" (umm, when?), "he didn't want to be here" (last time I checked, the TEAM traded HIM), "he has a questionable work ethic" (he worked hard enough to turn himself into a starting LT after being an undrafted TE, I bet that took more work than sitting on his couch eating cheetos), "you think you can predict the future" (umm, not sure where I said that, or even implied it, but hey--I bet it felt good to type that) in some attempt to justify the fact that the franchise traded him, and I just don't understand it.

Show me one place, one link, one reference to any of that crappola being true. For the last time: he wanted to be paid like a franchise left tackle. Period. It had nothing to do with the team, the city, the fans, etc. Nothing. When people stop making stuff up, I'll stop responding to it. Deal?

Really who gives a crap. Peters did not want to be in Buffalo. They should have kept Walker and Dockery.

As much as I appreciate you trying to dismiss an argblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blab blab blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blab blab blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blab blab blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah I love Jason Peters.

fixed

Pay attention mrags, and Senator, and everyone else that blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blab blab blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blab blab blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blab blab blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah I love Jason Peters.

fixed