FIRST OFFENSIVE PLAY OF THE GAME

sharper802

3 receiver set, 1 TE, and FJ at tailback. Evans split wide right. Neslon on the left next to the LT. TO lined up ON the line of scimmage in the left slot. Roscoe outside of the left hash. Max protect with the TE and FJ. 3 man pattern. TO steps back from the line after the snap and Trent fakes the immediate pass to him and after the defense is immediately pulled to TO looking for that "early reception to get in the game" Roscoe is over the top down the sideline. Evans runs a 12-15 yard in-pattern in case the safety stays home and picks up Parrish. I know this formation makes the TE ineligible to go downfield but he stays in to block.

Thoughts....

First play of the game.

Buffalo is on defense. Ronnie Brown makes a run of 5 yards. Of course, since the Bills can't ever get any pressure on the quarterback, the tackle is made by Keith Ellison.

Don't get too excited. There is a reason why Ellison is a top tackler in the league. Crappy teams usually have linebackers and safeties leading a team in tackles. This is because crappy defenses are reactive to what an offense does and not proactive.

Miami gets a field goal on their first drive.

Miami wins the game 20-17.

Don't get too excited. There is a reason why Ellison is a top tackler in the league. Crappy teams usually have linebackers and safeties leading a team in tackles. This is because crappy defenses are reactive to what an offense does and not proactive.

Please tell me you are kidding, Wiz.

A linebacker is going to be your leading tackler on ANY team, regardless of the caliber of the team. Ellison gets so much crap on this board, but much of it is undeserved, IMO. The guy is having a solid year, so far.

A linebacker is going to be your leading tackler on ANY team, regardless of the caliber of the team. Ellison gets so much crap on this board, but much of it is undeserved, IMO. The guy is having a solid year, so far.

Totally agree. Ellison has been the best LB on the field so far this year (How - I do not know). He and Kyle Williams have been the "unsung heroes", quietly making plays.

First play of the game.

Buffalo is on defense. Ronnie Brown makes a run of 5 yards. Of course, since the Bills can't ever get any pressure on the quarterback, the tackle is made by Keith Ellison.

Safeties yes, but Linebackers? I think Ray Lewis and Brian Urlacher would disagree. And the post implies the Bills first Offensive play anyway, which will be a FJ run btw...

First play of the game.

Exactly. Dick will win toss and defer. If Miami wins toss they take the ball because they want to score fiirst.

After tremendous field position generated by a great openining kick-off return, whoops, I meant punt

ruturn, cause Dickie always defers, I am thinking that we line up for a 40 yard field goal, which

Moorman fakes, and throws a beautiful pass to the left side to Ryan Denny for a TD. We catch them

off guard, they have never seen that before. The other team is fooled, because they know that

Dickie is not going to eschew those three points at the critical point of the game. We may never get

that type of field position the rest of the game.

I though defensive tackles usually lead the team in tackles...linebackers.............get out of here. Linebackers make 15-20 tackles a year.

I though defensive tackles usually lead the team in tackles...linebackers.............get out of here. Linebackers make 15-20 tackles a year.

In a good year maybe. And that's only your ELITE LBs.

GO BILLS!!!

first offensive play of the game = none

first play on offense = 4 yard run by lynch

oh sorry that's just not me. i CAN talk bad about the bills. I just dont feel right.

first OFFENSIVE ATTACK is a wide receiver screen to t.o. that goes for 22 yards.

go bills.