Who will succeed Jauron?

cmjoyce113

Everyone is so fast to assume Jauron is getting fired after this year...fine I will play along and honestly could care less either way at this point. If he stays we suck. If he goes we tread water as a crappy team for 3 more years and repeat.

Everyone loves to throw out Cowher, Gruden, Shanahan, Marty, Holmgren. These are all great names but none would ever come to Buffalo even if Ralph were to pay them.

So now that I've said that piece, who do you think should be the next coach of the Bills that would actually come to Buffalo? I am not so sure we can find many takers on this job.

Interested in hearing your thoughts though.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jokes aside though, I agree that the Buffalo job would not be the first choice for any of those guys even if they get paid. Someone like Marty might feel like it was his last chance, maybe. We'd probably be looking at a second tier as usual. Who says that any of those coaches would be successful here? We have no idea what the coaching staff is saddled with behind the scenes, which may have something to do with the coaches we've selected and who have accepted the job.

I think Ralph will surprise many posters here and bring in a big name coach. There are so many to choose from, and their will likely be only a handful of coaching opening this year after all the changes last year.

Holmgren, Cowher, Shottenheimer, Gruden, Shannahan, and Billick cant all coach the Cowboys...outside of Dallas (assuming they fire Wade), we will have the most attractive team LIKELY looking for a coach in terms of talent...

I think Ralph will surprise many posters here and bring in a big name coach. There are so many to choose from, and their will likely be only a handful of coaching opening this year after all the changes last year.

Holmgren, Cowher, Shottenheimer, Gruden, Shannahan, and Billick cant all coach the Cowboys...outside of Dallas (assuming they fire Wade), we will have the most attractive team LIKELY looking for a coach in terms of talent...

If only I could believe that!

Correct me if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure that coaches contracts are guaranteed. Ralph would be paying a big name coach AND Jauron, and it's hard to imagine him doing this. Marty would take this team to the playoffs in 2010. I am all but sure of this.

Btw, I would take Wade over Jauron in a New York minute if he is fired by Dallas.

I would bring back Wade Phillips in a second- never should have been fired

He was the best of the 4 no doubt.

On the other hand, for a guy who's inherited talented teams he hasn't been overly successful. Which was also the case when he inherited a relatively talented team here (aging, but still far more talented than this group).

My dream coach....Tony Dungy!