Who will succeed Jauron?

cmjoyce113

I'll throw a name out there: Leslie Frasier - DC/Minnesota

One of the best in the game in his current role, and has interviewed for head coaching jobs in each of the last 3 off-seasons.

Just a thought...

:rolleyes::worthy:

As I was watching the Minnesota-49ers game they were talking about him and how he and Singletary are coaches cut from the same clothe (defensive-minded, love smash mouth football, except 100% from their players).

I would be very pleased if we gave Leslie Frasier a chance. Plus he can teach the guys the Superbowl Shuffle!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quality coaches command quality money. Chuck Know left Buffalo because RW wouldn't pay the money to the players Knox wanted. So we got Kay Stevens and Hank Boulcock. Levy was a losing coach when he came here and we lucked out big time with Marv. Around the same time RW promo'd Bill Pollien who just happened to be hanging around the organization (at least that's how it seemed) Again Pollien was a huge factor in the Bill's success and he convinced RW to start paying for players.

Since Levy retired RW has either promo'd from within or brought in assistants on the cheap, leaving bigger names (salaries) to other teams.

The Bills current organization is not setup to challange RW like Pollien did. Will RW pay the 5 mill a year neccesary to bring in a top coach and allow him to make the personnel changes this team sorly needs?

With all due respect folks, some of the best coaches in the game right now include guys like Mike Tomlin, John Harbaugh, Mike Smith, Rex Ryan, Ken Whisenhunt, and maybe even guys like Mike Singletary and Josh McDaniels.

All are on their first NFL head coaching jobs, and all make less than Jauron.

As far as hiring assistants, I think Buffalo dispelled the cheap myth on that front by bringing in DL coach Bob Sanders, a former 2-time defensive coordinator.

This isn't a issue of being cheap, it's an issue of putting the right people in charge of the various parts of the organization.

:rolleyes::worthy:

As I was watching the Minnesota-49ers game they were talking about him and how he and Singletary are coaches cut from the same clothe (defensive-minded, love smash mouth football, except 100% from their players).

I would be very pleased if we gave Leslie Frasier a chance. Plus he can teach the guys the Superbowl Shuffle!

Totally agree Heels. I wanted Singletary to come here in the worst way, back as far as when he was coaching LBs in Baltimore. Frasier definitely has the same type of mentality...I just hope he keeps his pants on!

I would think that Holmgren would be near the top of any list. He has had experience and success in a small market, he is a great offensive mind, and he has had experience as a gm. A head coach/gm combo may not be the ideal way to do things, but it could be cost-effective for Ralph. Perhaps Ralph is beginning to realize the the Russ Brandon arrangement is not working too well. I think Holmgren could come in and make a good evaluation of the Bills' talent and get things moving in the right direction. Pay him and give him authority as gm and coach, maybe we could entice him to start before Thanksgiving.

Totally agree Heels. I wanted Singletary to come here in the worst way, back as far as when he was coaching LBs in Baltimore. Frasier definitely has the same type of mentality...I just hope he keeps his pants on!

I thought the same way about Singletary too. Just listening to his teammates speak of him from their days on the Bears, the man was born to coach. He effectively ran the defense in Chicago ON THE FIELD by how he read O formations on the spot and signaling it to his teammates.

Alas, his is San Fran's blessing and they will enjoy a division win this year, the playoffs and the promise of continual improvement by the Samurai....

Sigh.....

http://www.coacheshotseat.com/SalariesNFLCoaches.htm gives $1.5 mil estimate. The difference between the numbers is obviously relevant. Not saying 3M/year not correct but what is the source?

I heard Paul Hamilton say it on WGR a few days ago...but I suppose he could be incorrect. I just thought that the $1.5M number was his previous contract, although for some reason I can't get to the link you posted so I can't really tell...

I heard Paul Hamilton say it on WGR a few days ago...but I suppose he could be incorrect. I just thought that the $1.5M number was his previous contract, although for some reason I can't get to the link you posted so I can't really tell...

sorry. Don't know why link won't work (maybe because it appears it's a members only site-not sure why it let me in directly) but will go through if you use the address directly. List includes holmgren with seattle at 8M, Belichik at 5 and gruden at 4. Page is dated today but this list is obviously at least a year old. Lists DJ as 29 or 30 of 32 in terms of salary (childress and Kiffen at 1.25)