Nelson expects to play tomorrow

Doc

That's good news. I really think this kid is going to be the TE this team and fans have been waiting for.

No sarcasm intended, but Nelson is going to be good based on what? He is in his third week into his rookie season and he's already injured. You can't go by how he did in college ie: Ryan Leaf, Mike Williams and many, many other players! But, I sure hope you are right and he becomes the player we all want at TE. I just think it's way too early to even form an opinion.

No sarcasm intended, but Nelson is going to be good based on what? He is in his third week into his rookie season and he's already injured. You can't go by how he did in college ie: Ryan Leaf, Mike Williams and many, many other players! But, I sure hope you are right and he becomes the player we all want at TE. I just think it's way too early to even form an opinion.

That P word....Potential... Plus hes a TE with speed and good hands lets be optomistic eh?

Guest dog14787

Great News :unsure:

Good news on our oppositions side also, Mike Bell the Saints RB has averaged 114 yards a game in his first two appearances this season and is out for the Bills game.

The NO starting LT is out as well. Buffalo should bring Schobel/Maybin from that side all day long. Brees will get sacked at least twice this week with their starting LT out. That being said, I have a feeling this game is going to be a shoot out and our O is really going to have to put on a heck of a show to pull this one out. Still, stranger things have happened, and if we do manage to win this week, I think it shows that we really might have a legit team this year.

That being said, I hope Nelson plays. When he is in with Jackson, it's like having a five receiver formation that you can run out of as well. Very dangerous for defenses, especially with the way AVP has been calling games. That comment about playing to the strengths of you individual players gives you all the insight needed into the offensive mentality he brings. Very refreshing.

Nelson's first-ever pass in the NFL was a TD. And he's one of only 6 rookies to have scored a TD, and the only rookie TE to have done so. So yeah, I think there's reason to be excited about him. Hopefully injuries don't dog his career.

Says nothing about him playing against NO. Just an article that has been put out there in the wake of losing Schouman. Nelson is listed as doubtful at the moment...

actually it sort of does:

Nelson sprained his right shoulder last Sunday, but is expected to play against the Saints.