Obamacare: Buy insurance or go to jail!

UBinVA

Dont look at me, I voted for the American.

PS - The solution to this is simple, if one has no healthcare, hospitals/doctors/nurses etc should make them pay prior to any services, not bill them after. If they cannot pay too bad you die. Sounds harsh but I bet people would get insured real quick. Stop giving out free stuff and give people incentive.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately for you, he's right. You first say you don't want to pay for the medical costs of the uninsured, and then say they should go to jail if they're not covered, which is precisely where you will end up paying for the medical costs of the uninsured.

You may want to spend a few extra moments thinking these things through a little more, y'know?

I see things haven't changed, Max is still a moron. :thumbdown:

And if you think the government forcing insurance on people is not going to increase taxes, raise costs and expenses you've not been paying attention to how your government operates.

What if the government helped with insurance, we dropped medicare/medicaid, since things were already covered and the result costs less in taxes and totals insurance costs? If we ax medicare and medicaid instead of trying to take care of everything, maybe thats possible.

What if the government helped with insurance, we dropped medicare/medicaid, since things were already covered and the result costs less in taxes and totals insurance costs? If we ax medicare and medicaid instead of trying to take care of everything, maybe thats possible.

Do you really think there is even a .00000000001% chance that Medicare/Medicaid gets 'axed' as part of this fiasco?

Step one: Pay for government approved health insurance or go to jail

Step two: Follow government approved diet or go to jail

Step three: Take government prescribed medication or go to jail

Step four: Pay for government approved life insurance or go to jail

Step five: Apply for government approved lifespan or go to jail

Step six: Receive compassionate government euthanasia at appointed age

Step seven: Rejoice as the Great Society becomes a reality

Step one: Pay for government approved health insurance or go to jail

Step two: Follow government approved diet or go to jail

Step three: Take government prescribed medication or go to jail

Step four: Pay for government approved life insurance or go to jail

Step five: Apply for government approved lifespan or go to jail

Step six: Receive compassionate government euthanasia at appointed age

Step seven: Rejoice as the Great Society becomes a reality

Actually, steps six and seven would be combined into government-subsidized euthanasia when you've consumed your Lifetime Energy Quota as determined by carbon output.

I've got solar on my house, though, and drive a Prius...I can sell you some of my lifetime carbon quota if you need to live an extra year or two... :thumbdown:

Actually, steps six and seven would be combined into government-subsidized euthanasia when you've consumed your Lifetime Energy Quota as determined by carbon output.

I've got solar on my house, though, and drive a Prius...I can sell you some of my lifetime carbon quota if you need to live an extra year or two... :thumbdown:

I just bought 50 carbonlife weeks on Ebay for 50,000 calorie credits.

Could you homos quick !@#$ing up the health care thread with Nazi talk? For !@#$s sake.

:thumbsup:

Anyway, IF they really pass this into law...and that's a big if because I can't imagine anybody being that stupid. Really. Talk about giving the "young people" a reason to get into politics...on the other side. Anyway, if they do it, I highly doubt it will pass the smell test in the courts. Clearly having a car is a choice. Having a body is not, unless you are a Scientologist of course.

The Constitution specifically forbids this = 5th amendment = "nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation." It's really as simple as that.

If you are going to forcibly take my money(my private property), by forcibly making me get insurance(public use), and then not cover me/not pay for whatever I/my doctor decides I need, because by definition, you are running an insurance program, that by definition, routinely decides what to cover and what not to(see the VA thread), then you aren't giving me "just compensation", and my lawyer will sue your ass....so prepare for legions of lawyers with millions of lawsuits.

Great. More work for the trial lawyers...and absolutely 0 improvement in health care. Yep, sounds like another partisan plan to me...how do we know that this isn't the intention of this to begin with?

I've got solar on my house, though, and drive a Prius...I can sell you some of my lifetime carbon quota if you need to live an extra year or two... :thumbsup:

Shouldn't the steps stop @ 3.5?

I see things haven't changed, Max is still a moron. :D

Sigh (I'm asking these question without a shred of hope that you can offer an intelligent, reasoned answer, but here is goes).

Why should the insured pay higher taxes, premiums and out-of-pocket expenses because other Americans are not paying anything for health insurance?

Forget the jail argument, like state's that require car insurance and a host of other examples, shouldn't every American be required to pay for their health insurance?

Why should those with insurance be penalized by paying to costs of the uninsured?

Ya, but you have a car, and you should have to have insurance to drive one, Why? Because it is not just yourself that you have to be liable for, but for other people as well.

The only reason why you are required to have auto insurance is for other people's liability or if you are financing or leasing a vehicle and you are liable for any damages that occur to the car.

That's the major difference.

So it's not the same whatsoever.

If you are a young person, and you are making let's say $50,000 a year and you barely have any money left over after bills and etc. and now you are forced to pay let's say $300 a month for health insurance and you don't have the money to pay for it or maybe just enough, and you don't want to have any health insurance because you're strapped, or simply because you just don't want it, then what?

Pay a penalty? and if you don't? Jail?

It's just another way now that the government is forcing individuals to make decisions that some don't want to make.

It should not be anyone's place to dictate what someone wants to do with their money, and don't bring up the taxes example, because our government provides us a structured place to earn a living with law and order, and usage of roads, public schools, provides us protection with law enforcement and military and etc. etc.

I think everyone should have "catastrophic" health insurance.

In 1991 my husband and I were turned down for catastrophic insurance because his blood pressure was too high and this was 10 years before he was diagnosed as having high blood pressure.

BTW, I can't stand Rush Limbaugh, but he made a great point on Jay Leno earlier this week. He said that if the government takes control of health care, they'll then have free reign to take over EVERY aspect of your life, saying it relates to health care expenditures.

When 19 of the top 20 economic powers of the world have nationalized health care, and may of them have greater freedoms that we, Rush only proved one thing, he's an idiot (and a glutinous obese drug addict as well). Yeah, he's someone to listen to and follow......

When 19 of the top 20 economic powers of the world have nationalized health care, and may of them have greater freedoms that we, Rush only proved one thing, he's an idiot (and a glutinous obese drug addict as well). Yeah, he's someone to listen to and follow......

Which country and what greater freedom?

In 1991 my husband and I were turned down for catastrophic insurance because his blood pressure was too high and this was 10 years before he was diagnosed as having high blood pressure.

I know that's the case far too often and it could be solved very quickly by not allowing insurance companies to deny coverage for pre-existing conditions, much the same way they could eliminate people losing their health care by taking employers completely out of the equation.

Insurance companies obviously have a very powerful lobby, as do trial lawyers. The average American simply doesn't.

I know that's the case far too often and it could be solved very quickly by not allowing insurance companies to deny coverage for pre-existing conditions, much the same way they could eliminate people losing their health care by taking employers completely out of the equation.

Insurance companies obviously have a very powerful lobby, as do trial lawyers. The average American simply doesn't.

The cost of insurance will skyrocket under your plan.