I just watched Coach Jauron's PC from today.

Tipster19

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No need for hand wringing. Dick Jauron earned his rabid detractors with three seasons worth of horrible head coaching. This team was painful to watch last season by going in the 0-6 vs the AFC East and losing games at home to the Browns and 49ers. I think Jauron realized that this was his final attempt at getting it right. Only through the loud protests of media and fans alike, of him staying on as the head coach was Dick able to force himself to make significant changes like going no huddle and the last minute decision of firing Turk and promoting AVP. Being one of the first and loudest Jauron detractors and though I've always kept the criticisms to his awful coaching. He is a great guy, but not having seen the Bills in the playoffs since the MCM I really don't care if he can win the congeniality award of head coaches. I like what I've seen so far this season, but I think he forced himself to become a less conservative (meaning better) by the angry mob. Let's see what happens on Sunday.

What the "angry mob" of insignificant people think doesn't matter. We are less conservative because we don't have a center that should be in preschool and we have better targets to throw to. While Jauron will be a nice guy when he's talking to you, its very doubtful he will give you a second thought when he's doing his job- which is a good move, because he knows a bit more about the game than the people sitting in the stands who eat hot dogs and pick fights with fellow fans do.

BULLETIN: Paul Westerberg has released 6 new songs, which are out on amazon. 4 are very good, 2 so so. i am excited with this.

Can someone tell me why The Replacements is considered good music? I bought "Tim" and absolutely hated it. It sounds like all of their music is identical to the period when the Flaming Lips were making bad music... except we all call the Flaming Lips early stuff bad, and people somehow anointed Westerberg as good. I don't get it. They really do sound like sh*tty Flaming Lips, or all of the non-famous REM songs. It's entirely possible that I don't like it because I was born when this stuff was being made and so I have no attached memories or whatever, but I stand by the claim that strumming 4 chords in poorly rhythmic pattern doesn't make one a creative genius.

Ironically this pretty much describes how many feel about you as a poster. You might be a nice guy in real life but as a poster you''re a complete loser and a total zero.

Right on Mike. For someone to make quick accessments before their jobs are complete makes this poster an idiot in my good book.

Apart from the specific changes DJ made such as replacing Schonert and getting rid of Walker, Dockery etc., I have sensed something else about Jauron. In the two games this season, I surely saw emotion, a certain (dare I say it ?) swagger and smartness. Some decisions (going for it on 4th and 2) are not what we had come to expect from DJ.

So in all, I may be imagining it, but DJ is appearing a bit more confident and acting more aggressively than in the past 3 years.

That white hoody screams swagger, or was it a swanky sort of flamboyance?

Can someone tell me why The Replacements is considered good music? I bought "Tim" and absolutely hated it. It sounds like all of their music is identical to the period when the Flaming Lips were making bad music... except we all call the Flaming Lips early stuff bad, and people somehow anointed Westerberg as good. I don't get it. They really do sound like sh*tty Flaming Lips, or all of the non-famous REM songs. It's entirely possible that I don't like it because I was born when this stuff was being made and so I have no attached memories or whatever, but I stand by the claim that strumming 4 chords in poorly rhythmic pattern doesn't make one a creative genius.

ok, button pushed. step back from the keyboard and take a breath. this is sacriligious and i am lost for words as to who to approach this post.

and then you go on to disparage one of the best albums to have come out of the 80s, and make references to the flaming lips for chrisake. i can barely see straight murra, you have done more than jwwsss and that ilk has ever pushed me.

ok: strumming 4 chords might have been the ramones and it certainly did well enough for them. though i would suggest you listen to the 'Mats before making such a claim. perhaps their first two albums were 4-chord stumming, however the range of their musical taste -- from alt country to punk, from straight-ahead finger in the air rock and roll -- is unquestioned and well represented on the breadth of their releases.

that you do not appreciate the iconic and anthemic "Bastards of Young" on said Tim release, or "Here Comes a Regular" or "Waitress in the Sky," or "Left of the Dial," suggests you have either a tin ear -- and hey, i've watched enough American Idol casting tryouts to know that's a distinct possibility here -- or are actually holding a copy of "The Replacements" movie soundtrack.

or both.

i am, as my wife likes to put it, a music snob. and please don't take this altogether personally (though i am at wits end and holding back as much as possible) ... and i'm supposed to write here that everyone is entitled to their taste in music, though i'm not sure how that applies to dave matthews band fans or michael bubble for that matter.

however, when everyone on down from Robert Plant to Tom Waits to Billy Joe Armstrong to Kurt Cobain pay tribute to The 'Mats and their sound and the rock and roll torch that they carried through the dark years of the 1980s, well, i believe i stand on firm and solid ground.

and i end this by saying, good day, sir.

jw

(murra: in all sincerity, please don't take offense, i do not mean this personally. you did hit, to pardon the pun, a chord and this is the one of the few times i do allow myself to be a fan.)

Id take Barak Obama over George Bush any day of the week. It gonna take years to undo the mess Bush II made.

Yeah, because health care "reform" has been such an efficient, streamlined success. And you don't seem to understand that every President "messes things up" depending on which ideology one subscribes to.

Didn't y'all wish that just once, old Charlie Brown would run towards the ball, change direction slightly, and just kick Lucy's vag wide open. That'd show her.

well at least he'd have his gayass blanket handy for first aid. Just sayin.

That's hysterical!

Completely off-topic, but that was quality. :rolleyes:

You'd think he was a professional writer or something. :lol:

And I have to admit that when I read murra's post, I thought, "Uh-oh, here we go" even before I saw that jw had already responded ...

ok: strumming 4 chords might have been the ramones and it certainly did well enough for them. though i would suggest you listen to the 'Mats before making such a claim. perhaps their first two albums were 4-chord stumming, however the range of their musical taste -- from alt country to punk, from straight-ahead finger in the air rock and roll -- is unquestioned and well represented on the breadth of their releases.

i thought there were only three chords in all of music :rolleyes:

Mr. WEO, in fear or continuing to repeat my point, my issue was with Sir Tooth's absolutely characterizations towards Jauron and Obama. i have not gone any further than that. and my point toward the age of immediacy is that more often than not, we seem to need to address the fast-food-junkie craving by making absolute assertions that are questionable at best and wrong at worst.

mediocrity is not a bad term based on Jauron's record. total loser, well ... that's inaccurate.

and even as big of a Replacements/Paul Westerberg fan as i am, i'm not going to call this new release as His best. it's good, though.

jw

i really like westerberg And osterberg

And I thought the point here was to define your personal preferences and passions as universally correct and held by the intellectually superior, albeit ill-defined, faction.

Just like we used to declare that the Bills were the best team in all of the land, and everyone else sucked. Well, back when that was remotely close to being true, anyway ...

Part of being a fan.

Just like we used to declare that the Bills were the best team in all of the land, and everyone else sucked. Well, back when that was remotely close to being true, anyway ...

Part of being a fan.

Not quite the same, though. Laughing at a Dullfan after the Bills romp on his team isn't quite the same as telling some make-believe group of Bills fans that they suck so one doesn't have to concern themselves with the issues.

But, yes, we're all deranged Bills fans. :rolleyes:

And, were better to discuss the issues than right here, right now?