Shouman

Casey D

Stupar and Nelson are great. I am very suprised no one picked up Stupar while he was on the practise squd. He will be a very good for the Bills.

While Shawn Nelson brings more of a vertical presense, both he and Stupar need to still bulk up more to be effective blockers in the NFL. It will be interesting to watch these two as well as Fine as the season progresses.

That is terrible about Schouman. You don't like to see a guy go down like that and lose his job that way. I hate to say it but I think immediately or very shortly we will be better off with Nelson and Stupar!

Let's just hope the coaching staff doesn't go brain dead and develop veteran man love for Derek Fine and keep our actual play making TEs on the bench. Schouman had A FINE game Sunday but Nelson can score TDs with that speed, as he showed week 1, and Stupar just plays like a tough old fashion baller. He worked the middle in preseason like nobody else.

While Shawn Nelson brings more of a vertical presense, both he and Stupar need to still bulk up more to be effective blockers in the NFL. It will be interesting to watch these two as well as Fine as the season progresses.

Schouman wasn't any bigger than Nelson and Stupar was he? As far as what I saw on blocking in preseason he didn't impress me that much when the starters were in in preseason for what that is worth.

Schouman was the smallest TE we had, and not a good blocker. The only thing he had going for him was he had the most expirience out of all our TE's. Nelson, Fine, and Stupar all have higher upsides now they just need expirience, which they're gonna get very quickly. <_<

This is going to play out interestingly for Stupar. The primary reason Stupar was carried on the practice squad was that they had 4 TEs they wanted to keep of which 2 were eligible for the practice squad. Given Nelson's pedigree, they would have never risked him on the practice squad. With Stupar now on the roster, he will no longer be practice squad eligible (I am assuming he will be in the minimum game threshold). What turned out to be a great move by Brandon, the team was able to keep all 4 TEs. I would expect Stupar to supplant Fine as the #2 TE within the next 3-4 weeks. Next year will be a different story if all 4 guys return.

What a day at One Bills Drive. Two players to IR, another released from the PS, a promotion, and two FA signings.

3 FA signings even:

Butler -> IR

Schouman -> IR

Bowen -> released

Stupar -> activated

OL Andre Ramsey (FA) -> PS

LB Marcus Freeman (FA) -> PS

OT Jamon Meredith (FA from GB PS)-> signed