whitner theft A.P. story

loyal2dagame

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/articl...KuMMsgD9ARRK8G2

doesnt want to press charges and just wants items returned

Does not want to press charges? That sounds very off. Likely to be someone that knew it was there if nothing else was stolen. I would also assume he has security (home alarm system and safe) if he is keeping valuables of that nature in his home.

Does not want to press charges? That sounds very off. Likely to be someone that knew it was there if nothing else was stolen. I would also assume he has security (home alarm system and safe) if he is keeping valuables of that nature in his home.

Ya think? Either that or it's the luckiest robber(s) ever.

Ya think? Either that or it's the luckiest robber(s) ever.

High end home - you bound to get "lucky" if you hit any one of them. My point was to say it would likely be someone that knew the security or... if he had little or no security with that kind of bling around he was foolish.

High end home - you bound to get "lucky" if you hit any one of them. My point was to say it would likely be someone that knew the security or... if he had little or no security with that kind of bling around he was foolish.

I'm thinking that the almost half a million dollars "lucky hit" isn't just a coincidence.

Doesn't want to press charges???!!!??? That has me baffled. Is it an indication of fan involvement, or maybe someone close to him?

Very strange. You get robbed, you press charges, insurance pays out and police does nothing... Isnt that how it is supposed to work?

I'm betting this was someone he knew. WGRZ (or one the the local stations...) had a blurb on a few minutes ago featuring an interview with a police officer who implied the same by suggesting it was likely that the perpetrator may have been in the residence legally.

I'm betting this was someone he knew. WGRZ (or one the the local stations...) had a blurb on a few minutes ago featuring an interview with a police officer who implied the same by suggesting it was likely that the perpetrator may have been in the residence legally.

Whitner was probably throwing the after-party and hired an unseemly batch of strippers/hookers!

Hamburg Police is calling it a larceny, not a burglary

What does larceny mean? Is it a fancy word for theft? Theft, someone takes something away he has access to but shouldnt. Burglary, someone forces their way to take something they shouldn't/don't own.

Honestly though. I don't care how rich you are. What the F do you need $400,000 worth of jewelery for?

I just read an article about the staggering number of bankrupt former millionares in the NFL. I have zero sympathy for these clowns. The NFL has set up a handful of programs and financial advisors for these young men. Teams also provide assistance in helping their players make sound choices. $400,000 is a disgusting amount of money for jewelry and I'm sure that doesn't cover all of it. Some here will defend these players but it should be an insult to every hardworking citizen. Athletes and performers are only the tip of the iceburg.

What does larceny mean? Is it a fancy word for theft? Theft, someone takes something away he has access to but shouldnt. Burglary, someone forces their way to take something they shouldn't/don't own.

Generally speaking, larceny is simply taking someone else's stuff. Burglary is entering a building without permission and taking someone else's stuff.

I just read an article about the staggering number of bankrupt former millionares in the NFL. I have zero sympathy for these clowns. The NFL has set up a handful of programs and financial advisors for these young men. Teams also provide assistance in helping their players make sound choices. $400,000 is a disgusting amount of money for jewelry and I'm sure that doesn't cover all of it. Some here will defend these players but it should be an insult to every hardworking citizen. Athletes and performers are only the tip of the iceburg.

While unnecessary IMO, jewlery can be sold. There are plenty of ways to completely burn through money, but jewelry is basically a commodity that is only going to lose a small amount of value short term, and can gain value long term. It's not exactly irresponsible.

Insult? Give me a break. What people spend their money on is their business. I do agree that there is no reason to feel sorry for these guys later in life (speaking more specifically of players from about the last 20 years or so). But Donte isn't asking for handouts, so drawing comparisons from what he is doing with his life and other bankrupt former players is asinine.

While unnecessary IMO, jewlery can be sold. There are plenty of ways to completely burn through money, but jewelry is basically a commodity that is only going to lose a small amount of value short term, and can gain value long term. It's not exactly irresponsible.

Insult? Give me a break. What people spend their money on is their business. I do agree that there is no reason to feel sorry for these guys later in life (speaking more specifically of players from about the last 20 years or so). But Donte isn't asking for handouts, so drawing comparisons from what he is doing with his life and other bankrupt former players is asinine.

You should find it insulting. Celebrity salaries have gotten ridiculously out of control and this is another example. Have you ever seen the show CRIBS on MTV? It's not only celebrities either. Whitner is not exactly the strongest example of what I'm talking about, but his $400,000 worth of jewelry is worth more than what 15-20 marines or soldiers make in war.

The markup on that jewelry is insane. As soon as he walked out of the store, that stuff lost 40% of its value.

Actually, if it's insured, it works out better for Donte. He'll get more than he would 10 years from now when he would have inevitably been pawning it for 10 cents on the dollar--at most.

Put the money in a bank account numbnuts.