whitner theft A.P. story

loyal2dagame

The markup on that jewelry is insane. As soon as he walked out of the store, that stuff lost 40% of its value.

Really? :thumbsup:

I'm guessing much of that $400k is diamonds and those definitely don't lose value.

I am with PTS. Gold has been soaring in value...diamonds are forever as they say... and jewelry in mall prolly closer to 150% markup at least..jewelry from a trusted jeweler prolly closer to 15-20% markup..everybody needs to make money ya know

Depends on what was taken. If it was personalized stuff like a gold chain with a "Donte" medallion on it or diamond Buckeye earrings the markup would be pretty insane.

Well what was said is He had family and friends over for a pregame party. He left for the game and people were still there. They were suppose to lock up. Larceny because the person or people who probably took the items were allowed in it is not a robbery. No break in.

Just think of how he feels. Someone he knows probably had a friend with him who got out of control and stole several pieces of expensive jewelry. He has been violated and just wants his items back and the incident to go away.

I just read an article about the staggering number of bankrupt former millionares in the NFL. I have zero sympathy for these clowns. The NFL has set up a handful of programs and financial advisors for these young men. Teams also provide assistance in helping their players make sound choices. $400,000 is a disgusting amount of money for jewelry and I'm sure that doesn't cover all of it. Some here will defend these players but it should be an insult to every hardworking citizen. Athletes and performers are only the tip of the iceburg.

+1. Saw that same story on Yahoo's front page a few days ago, and I had NO sympathy for the bankrupt "stars" who have squandered away their millions. You can't fix stupid.