INT-- TRENT or LEE

I want to see if anyone had a clear read on the int. It seemed like Lee turned to his left into 3 white shirts while trent was expecting him to turn away into a pocket open space.

But it could have just been a horrible throw into triple coverage. THOUGHTS?

hmmm.... have to see the film

That was all Trent's fault. Lee did a good job finding the opening between three DBs. Looked like the ball just sailed on Edwards. AVP said the ball slipped out of TE's hands on the throw. Regardless, it was a bad toss.

GO BILLS!!!

It was Trent's fault. He struggles throwing the ball between the LB's and Safties because he throws the ball so flat.

Trent said it was a bad throw on his part.

And wtf, if he throws the ball so flat, how was it overthrown? And the 4 deep balls he threw today, all perfect passes with plenty of arc on them. I have no clue what you are watching, but you should have your eyes examined.

WTF???? Trent said it was a bad throw on his part. But if he throws the ball so flat, how was it overthrown? And the 4 deep balls he threw today, all perfect passes with plenty of arc on them. I have no clue what you are watching, but you should have your eyes examined.

i'd say on both passes to evans there was a little too much loft.

Too much loft is a hell of alot better than not enough. This way the WR can make a play on it and most likely won't be underthrown. But the first pass to Evans was as close to perfect as you can get, just like the two to TO, even though he dropped one.

Judging by his own reaction, I would say it was a terrible throw by Trent.

Terrible throw or terrible decision? They are not the same thing. My buddy who attended the game said T.O. was wide open on a crossing pattern on the Edwards interception.

Trent said it was a bad throw on his part.

And wtf, if he throws the ball so flat, how was it overthrown? And the 4 deep balls he threw today, all perfect passes with plenty of arc on them. I have no clue what you are watching, but you should have your eyes examined.

Again, totally disagree. Both throws to Evans had too much loft. We were lucky one resulted in a TD. On both throws to Evans, he had to wait for the ball...the TD throw was nearly broken up as a result.

Both throws to Terrell Owens were perfect throws however IMO.

Terrible throw or terrible decision? They are not the same thing.

Again, totally disagree. Both throws to Evans had too much loft. We were lucky one resulted in a TD. On both throws to Evans, he had to wait for the ball...the TD throw was nearly broken up as a result.

Both throws to Terrell Owens were perfect throws however IMO.

Trent said it was just a bad throw in his post game conference. And I don't know if you were at the game (I was) and the TD pass to Evans was great. If that ball is anywhere else, it's picked off or out of bounds. You listen to any coach or announcer in the league and they all say you need to put air under the ball.

I don't get it, Trent has a great game and still gets criticized here.

Trent said it was just a bad throw in his post game conference. And I don't know if you were at the game (I was) and the TD pass to Evans was great. If that ball is anywhere else, it's picked off or out of bounds. You listen to any coach or announcer in the league and they all say you need to put air under the ball.

If you were to review my posting history, you'd see I'm a big supporter of Trent...without reservations.

But his two passes to Evans (and this is corroborated by my friends who were at the game...I live in Cali and watched on TV) had too much air under them. The TD was almost broken up as a result, and the second one to Evans in the end zone was broken up. Both times Evans had to wait for the ball. If anything Trent (I'm comparing him to perfection here) could have thrown both those balls a bit earlier, then Evans wouldn't have had to slow down.

If you were to review my posting history, you'd see I'm a big supporter of Trent...without reservations.

But his two passes to Evans (and this is corroborated by my friends who were at the game...I live in Cali and watched on TV) had too much air under them. The TD was almost broken up as a result, and the second one to Evans in the end zone was broken up. Both times Evans had to wait for the ball. If anything Trent (I'm comparing him to perfection here) could have thrown both those balls a bit earlier, then Evans wouldn't have had to slow down.

Not trying to be a prick here, but Evans did have to slow up a tiny bit on the TD catch, but like I said if trent had thrown the ball to hit Evans in stride, it would have taken Evans out of bounds. And on the second one, Evans had the ball in his hands and the DB got his hand in there to knock it out. If Evans could have had a stronger grasp on that one, it was 6. It was a great play by the DB nonetheless.

Probably the same people that were calling for Fitzpatrick to start during the preseason. Just depends on which way the wind blows as to whether fans are happy with Edwards.

Without a doubt, it was a bad throw by Edwards. Can't really believe anyone is even debating this. Otherwise, Edwards was pretty damn good today.

Agreed...Trent underthrew that one in the endzone just a bit that was knocked out of Evans hands (he didnt drop it as some think he did)...not by much, but just enough to let the defender make a play on the ball. If he doesnt get too much air and under throw it a bit then that would have been a TD.

None the less, the defender still had to make an amazing play to prevent the TD

I thought it looked like the ball came out of Trent's hand, before he intended it to, causing it be be wildly overthrown, almost like he didn't get any follow through on the throw...

It almost seemed like he wasn't sure who he should have thrown to. I don't remember for sure, but I thought there was Evans open underneath and another receiver open deep. He threw right in between them.

Trent made a few mistakes, but I thought he had a good game. These are things he can focus on for next week.

Whether or not you need to put air under the ball, and how much varies on the pattern, the receiver, game situation etc., some plays need the QB to throw a rope, others to loft the ball. I do agree, Trent did have a pretty good game (again), so I am not going to dwell on one bad pass as long as he learns from it. I think a few of the passes he threw downfield were underthrown, even the TD to Evans was slightly underthrown. Probably the best pass he threw all day was the one T.O. dropped, it could not have been thrown any better.