Bills Dominate both sides of the LOS for the 2nd game in a row...

Big Turk

Bills OLine manhandled the Patriots for the majority of the game last week, and they manhandled the Bucs again today. Where are all the "experts" talking about ours being the worst OLine in the NFL now? On D, they had pressure on Brady constantly and blitzed Leftwich into a 3 hour ice bath tonite...

218 yards rushing and 6.2 yards per carry today...yeah they really look horrible don't they?

whether this lasts the whole season or not, it is really nice to see our lines slapping people around on both sides of the ball...

Bills OLine manhandled the Patriots for the majority of the game last week, and they manhandled the Bucs again today. Where are all the "experts" talking about ours being the worst OLine in the NFL now? On D, they had pressure on Brady constantly and blitzed Leftwich into a 3 hour ice bath tonite...

whether this lasts the whole season or not, it is really nice to see our lines slapping people around on both sides of the ball...

Agreed. I thought Kyle Williams was a monster today.

The o-line looked solid in the run game; a few mistakes by Levitre and Bell, but otherwise were solid. I thought J. Scott held his own when he came into the game.

i wouldnt say they dominated both sides of the ball but they are def playing better then anyone expected....but Im sure you expected this all along of course since you are bringing it up

i am concerned about the gaping holes that the Pats and Bucs were both able to create going over LG that for some reason the Pats went away from...the Bills decided to jam the line today and make Leftwich beat them once they got the lead which he wasnt able to do

both lines are still a work in progress

i wouldnt say they dominated both sides of the ball but they are def playing better then anyone expected....but Im sure you expected this all along of course since you are bringing it up

i am concerned about the gaping holes that the Pats and Bucs were both able to create going over LG that for some reason the Pats went away from...the Bills decided to jam the line today and make Leftwich beat them once they got the lead which he wasnt able to do

both lines are still a work in progress

We allowed 3.2 YPC to the Pats and 3.0 to the Bucs...couldn't have been that many gaping holes, IMHO...

To be honest, I didn't think the OLine would be this good this fast...I did predict before the season started in a post on this board that we would have one of the best OLines in the NFL by the end of the season...just looking at the players we had, it made no sense to me how people were saying we were the worst OLine in the NFL...

Scott wasn't even a step down from Butler, either. Good stuff.

I'm not so sure I agree with that. He seemed to be back on heels a lot. That might be because he hasn't been in a game this year and he'll progress as time goes on but I would much rather have Butler back there.

On D the run stopping has been great! :rolleyes:

We allowed 3.2 YPC to the Pats and 3.0 to the Bucs...couldn't have been that many gaping holes, IMHO...

like I said, the Pats for whatever reason stopped running the ball and the Bills loaded up against the run after the first quarter today when they got the lead and forced Leftwich to beat them but both the Pats and Bucs were able to open some pretty big holes running inside the tackle going left....maybe this is when the Bills substitute their tackles

I dont see how anyone could or can say the Bills would have one of the best o-lines in the NFL this year when 4 of their 5 starters never played before...its just not being realistic

Agreed. I thought Kyle Williams was a monster today.

The o-line looked solid in the run game; a few mistakes by Levitre and Bell, but otherwise were solid. I thought J. Scott held his own when he came into the game.

So who is jason Peters? (Yes I was one arguing against a trade ...) Seriously though give the coaching staff credit as this line has far more upside. Too bad Nelson went out with injury because he also seems to be coming on (hopefully he is not seriously hurt).

I'm encouraged as well. I'll tell ya what, Butler has really outperformed my expectations for him even though I thought he should have been playing at tackle all along. I hope his injury isn't too serious because even though I'm glad they have Scott ahead of Chambers(another move I totally agree with), Butler was playing good football so far.......

I am impressed with how well the D-Line has been playing on short yardage runs. They have really made some big stops in the short yardage run defense. Need to get move pressure on the passer, but hopefully that will come later once Maybin learns some pass rush moves.

Hopefully Butler isnt hurt too bad, and can come back soon. While Scott did Ok, think there is a big drop off from Butler when he is in there.

To be honest, I didn't think the OLine would be this good this fast...I did predict before the season started in a post on this board that we would have one of the best OLines in the NFL by the end of the season...just looking at the players we had, it made no sense to me how people were saying we were the worst OLine in the NFL...

I agree that there have been few holes of any type on the defensive line. I don't think that guy must be talking about the Bills. It did make perfect sense to me how people thought our line was the worst in the NFL. How could you not, I mean really? But I'm not about to argue that the play hasn't been a great surprise or that we have a lot to look forward to. No complaints at all from me - if they play like this all year we are contenders as far as I see it.

I agree that there have been few holes of any type on the defensive line. I don't think that guy must be talking about the Bills. It did make perfect sense to me how people thought our line was the worst in the NFL. How could you not, I mean really? But I'm not about to argue that the play hasn't been a great surprise or that we have a lot to look forward to. No complaints at all from me - if they play like this all year we are contenders as far as I see it.

Agreed. Most people would assume 5 guys who have never played together before (and 3 of those guys being rookies, with one who only started playing the game 5 years ago!) would be reason for concern. After two games, I am happy that the O-line is the least of our concerns. Hopefully, they continue to improve as the more they improve, the better our offense gets and the better our offense gets, the better our chances are of winning big games and getting to the playoffs.

As an unabashed Dick Jauron-basher, I got to say he's given me little to complain about these first two games. Keep it up Dick!

The OT spot was already not a strength. Now, the injury to Butler might turn it into a weakness very soon. He looked good, as if he bulked up, but Butler seems to be hurt a lot.

They did the right thing by selecting Wood and Levitre. That is a great way to build a football team but there is more work to do at the OT position.

I LOVE that I don't have to hear this phrase anymore: "Buffalo has the heaviest offensive line in the NFL" Finally we have some strength, speed, and tenacity on the line - much like Denver's smaller Oline.

Me too, god did they suck at run blocking too......it was like they were too fat to fire off the ball and def. too slow to pull or even get to the second level. I think Dockery might be one of the most overrated players in the entire league. Big and heavy is only a good thing if you have a bunch of road graders in the mold of Larry Allen or like the Chiefs O-line was about 5 years ago.