What's the oldest food item you've ever consumed?

JoeFerguson

City folk :rolleyes: If a wild animal dies in the woods is it embalmed and sealed for burial? No it rots where it dies. Lots of bacteria involved, botulism strain just one of them. Your can of brains is not going to going to harm the environment.

It's called carrion. Nothing is wasted in nature. Vultures and flies, amongst others have at it

City folk :rolleyes: If a wild animal dies in the woods is it embalmed and sealed for burial? No it rots where it dies. Lots of bacteria involved, botulism strain just one of them. Your can of brains is not going to going to harm the environment.

If a bear ***** in the woods, does it go to the local sewage treatment plant?

I fired down some 25 year old M&Ms out of an MRE pack back in the day. That **** was like chocolate dust.

I once had the little square chewing gum pieces in one that was ~15 years old. Rock hard. The food in those things have enough salt and are designed for a fairly long shelf life. Might be a little nasty in consistency, but if cooked, should be safe.

not worried about people rooting through the garbage...worried about the can being crushed and crap leeching into the ground...is this simply too small amount to worry about?

I don't think you quite need to call hazmat or the bomb squad.

The prof just said to throw it out. My guess would be with other kitchen waste. I'm sure it won't be the first bulging can they've ever seen. (Insert Pam Anderson joke here).

not worried about people rooting through the garbage...worried about the can being crushed and crap leeching into the ground...is this simply too small amount to worry about?

24 hours ago you were playing watch the expanding can and selling squares on when it would explode and now all of the sudden you're Ralph Nader?