What's the oldest food item you've ever consumed?

JoeFerguson

but if i eat just a little bit of it...won't it make my lips fuller? and how can anything that is latin for sausage possibly be bad for you?????

is that a serious question? Those people that put put that botox in their lips are !@#$ing whackos. My rudimentary understanding is that is a less virulent strain that kills the nerves they are injected with pinpoint precission. Killing their own nerves all in the name of trying to look better- !@#$ing asinine! Google botulism. It is nasty stuff. If a can exploded in your cabinet it could endanger your family

a bit uptight today? we won yesterday.....do you really think it is a serious question??????????

is that a serious question? Those people that put put that botox in their lips are !@#$ing whackos. My rudimentary understanding is that is a less virulent strain that kills the nerves they are injected with pinpoint precission. Killing their own nerves all in the name of trying to look better- !@#$ing asinine! Google botulism. It is nasty stuff. If a can exploded in your cabinet it could endanger your family

The bacteria don't kill you from infection, it's the toxin they make. Botox shots are dilute botulism toxin. They make the toxin in anerobic (without oxygen) conditions (such as in a can).

so then if i open the can, i should be good to go....

I know you're joking, but no. The toxin is already there and isn't broken down by air. Lots of bacteria are facultative anerobes (can exist under anerobic conditions if need be. Some anerobes can actually be killed by the presence of oxygen.

then again, let me ask....how should i dispose of it...is putting it out with the regular garbage ok?

I know you're joking, but no. The toxin is already there and isn't broken down by air. Lots of bacteria are facultative anerobes (can exist under anerobic conditions if need be. Some anerobes can actually be killed by the presence of oxygen.

not worried about people rooting through the garbage...worried about the can being crushed and crap leeching into the ground...is this simply too small amount to worry about?

It's rotten food not nerve gas. If someone decides to eat out of your garbage can it's their problem.

not worried about people rooting through the garbage...worried about the can being crushed and crap leeching into the ground...is this simply too small amount to worry about?

City folk :rolleyes: If a wild animal dies in the woods is it embalmed and sealed for burial? No it rots where it dies. Lots of bacteria involved, botulism strain just one of them. Your can of brains is not going to going to harm the environment.