Expectations for Monday

Wagon Circler

Looking at the Monday game realistically...

If Edwards could just look half- decent, like an actual NFL quarterback, maybe put us in the end-zone a couple of times, that would go a long way toward dispelling the stench of the pre-season and might restore the teams (and my) faith that they can at least be competitive this season.

Your thoughts?

If Edwards and the offense can manage 2 actual drives (not fluke plays, but sustained drives) that end up in the endzone, I call the game a huge success.

Yea my expectations are low to quite low. I like this little stat from nfl.com:

Lee Evans at Patriots (Mon.): 25 catches, 372 yards (37.2 YPG), no TDs in 10 career games vs. New England.

That is just horrendous for your #1 receiver.

Ditto on the offense, although along with a couple sustained drives, I would like to see a couple of attempts downfield that are not desperation attempts on 3rd down, and some timely, well constructed screen passes.

On defense, I would be really happy to see some sustained pressure, whether he gets the pass of or not.

No head scratching DJ moves.

If Edwards and the offense can manage 2 actual drives (not fluke plays, but sustained drives) that end up in the endzone, I call the game a huge success.

Wow. I wish we had a team where we could have expectations higher than this. We get embarassed 51-14 and you consider it a huge success because we got 2 TDs. I wish we had a relevant NFL team and an owner who actually tried to compete.

Ditto on the offense, although along with a couple sustained drives, I would like to see a couple of attempts downfield that are not desperation attempts on 3rd down, and some timely, well constructed screen passes.

On defense, I would be really happy to see some sustained pressure, whether he gets the pass of or not.

No head scratching DJ moves.

He said to keep it real...

Lee Evans at Patriots (Mon.): 25 catches, 372 yards (37.2 YPG), no TDs in 10 career games vs. New England.

As soon as he figures out how to throw the ball to himself, it'll all be taken care of...that, or Buffalo could just go find a half-way decent QB.

Wow, looks like randy moss's stats per game against us, except Moss has way more TDs

Garbage stats.

You can pull the numbers for any #1 WR in this league and they match up bad with someones defense. Probably the Patriots...

The Bills problems still remain the same since Evans rookie year in 2004 (until T.O.):

Absence of a true NFL caliber QB.

Absence of a legit #2 WR.

What else can you blame Lee Evans for?

He has a couple of good games, then another couple where he disappears. Wash, rinse, repeat. Year in, year out.

Lee Evans would be good enough to catch about 95 balls from a Peyton Manning or Drew Brees. He disappears because look who he's had throwing to him. PLEASE

Huge success would be the Bills legitimately winning by their defense playing well, offense playing well and special teams playing well.

2 offensive drives? Have our expectations fallen this low - ever?

Lee Evans would be good enough to catch about 95 balls from a Peyton Manning or Drew Brees. He disappears because look who he's had throwing to him. PLEASE

Has Evans, by whatever gravel he may have in his guts, scoured the sidelines with a scowl on his face, rallied the troops, and forged a victory by force of his character? Does he sense a qb in trouble, then race and fight his way back towards the LOS?

Has he ever flashed up an elbow in frustration or anger and whacked a defender in the chops and drawn a personal foul? Belted a LB in the back and flattened him so he couldn't lay a heavy shot on his QB?

I don't think I've ever gone into a game with such low expectations. After watching the steelers game last night, it was so apparent why big ben is so good; he just prolongs the play until his wide receivers finally come open, something I dont think trent (like bledsoe) does very well.

On a positive note, one thing I remembered about trent from last year was that even when he played well, he was a much better fourth quarter quarterback than he was in the first. Most of the preseason games he only played a couple series, (except the pitts game) here's to hoping he just needed more time to "get into the game."

If I was a betting man, I'd expect trent to be sacked 5 times, throw three picks, and fail to get more than 10 points on the board.

Sad Prediction: 41-7 Pats

Go Bills

PS.. why does it say "on probation" below my avatar? I dont remember doing anything probation worthy...

Garbage stats.

You can pull the numbers for any #1 WR in this league and they match up bad with someones defense. Probably the Patriots...

The Bills problems still remain the same since Evans rookie year in 2004 (until T.O.):

Absence of a true NFL caliber QB.

Absence of a legit #2 WR.

What else can you blame Lee Evans for?

regarding poz

"neck increases 1/2 inch in girth"

funny as hell!!!!!