OT 6 Year Old Tazed by Police

WWVaBeach

Guest Ass Kisser
So they all are bad....gotcha.

114690[/snapback]

Very good my son. Your transformation to sycophant is nearly complete.

And your ability to ignore detail is extraordinary.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

who knows...give a six year old a magic marker and have him wave it around at you while you try to subdue him...see how many marks you have on you before it's over

114692[/snapback]

Plus, you have to make sure that the child is suffering from the same type of mental illness and in the same state as the one with the piece of glass. Pretty important factor there.

Let's focus on you my son. You weren't very popular in school, so you sought gratification by cosying up to the smart and more popular kids?

Let's focus on you my son. You weren't very popular in school, so you sought gratification by cosying up to the smart and more popular kids?

114716[/snapback]

You got it. We also enjoyed holding our jockstraps over the faces of nerds like you. Tell you you don't remember playing fighter pilot.

All this talk of "protecting" the police from a "stabbing" just boils my blood.  Yes, I know tazers are adjustable, but they're just not meant to be used on 6 year olds.

You said it though, we don't know enough from the story.  He may have been plunging the thing into his leg over and over again, perhaps it was the right measure.    It just seems quite wrong to me, as if they had maced him. 

If it was the only thing they could do to protect the 6 year old, I can (almost) agree with it, but the cops were never in any danger.

-Jeff

114555[/snapback]

And where in my post do you see anything that talks about protecting the cops in this case?

They used the taser to protect the kid from doing further and probably permanent damage to himself. If the kid is holding broken glass in his hand, isn't it highly probable that he would have squeezed his palm very tightly if he saw cops moving towards him? What do you think would happen to his hand then?

Being too close to the situation would be a disqualifying factor for you to be a juror, wouldn't it? 

I never said it wasn't possible that the officer used excessive force.  I fail to see how what you are doing with your predetermination is any different that the cops you are citing as examples.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.  One of the reasons I am so anti-government is examples like the ones you used.  If the government was less intrusive, they'd be more likely to oversee their fundamental responsibilities properly.

114697[/snapback]

I agree with your last paragraph.

P.S. As a result of this case, I have met some brave and good cops who have risked their careers to tell the truth.

I agree with your last paragraph.

P.S.  As a result of this case, I have met some brave and good cops who have risked their careers to tell the truth.

114732[/snapback]

A sad commentary on the state of our society when people risk their careers (and in this case, their lives) to tell the truth.

We also enjoyed holding our jockstraps over the faces of nerds like you. Tell you you don't remember playing fighter pilot.

114724[/snapback]

Wasn't 'we' a slip my son? You in fact were the jockstrap sucking nerd. A case of transference such as yours modern psychiatry has not seen.

No go back to your faux wood paneling amd jim kelly posters.

Guest Guest_ch19079_*

he cut him self several times, and threatened the teacher and police. i bet it hurt, but what the hell is a 6 year old doing breaking a picture, and taking the glass out to cut him self.... something was wrong with that kid.

The police did the right thing. The child was in a situation where self harm was a real possibility. Obviously, a 6 year old could be overpowered with force but something far worse could have happened.

Some of you folks should have been ACLU Lawyers. You're great at defending the " poor " victims. :blink:

For all those saying, "the police did what they had to do to save the kid from himself"...you realize that there have been a few deaths (of adults) from cops using tasers guns. I'm not an expert on taser technology (and don’t pretend to be…) but I’ll make a wild guess that they weren’t designed to be used on children (adjustable voltage or not). A group of professionally trained officers couldn’t figure out a way of getting a piece of glass from a picture frame away from a 6 year old without tasering him? Umm, okay. Thankfully the child is alright, but if I had to make a wager I'd say the kid had a greater chance of being seriously hurt by the Taser than he did with a piece of glass from a picture frame.

For all those saying, "the police did what they had to do to save the kid from himself"...you realize that there have been a few deaths (of adults) from cops using tasers guns.  I'm not an expert on taser technology (and don’t pretend to be…) but I’ll make a wild guess that they weren’t designed to be used on children (adjustable voltage or not).  A group of professionally trained officers couldn’t figure out a way of getting a piece of glass from a picture frame away from a 6 year old without tasering him?  Umm, okay.  Thankfully the child is alright, but if I had to make a wager I'd say the kid had a greater chance of being seriously hurt by the Taser than he did with a piece of glass from a picture frame.

115227[/snapback]

Yeah, that's my whole thing... I respect police. My grandfather was a Buffalo cop and my cousin is a DC cop. My gut tells me that in this case it was too much... But that's all, just my gut... I wasn't there, obviously.