which type of poster are you?

eball

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am probably an eternal optimist....I have a new challenge, how about you name 1 or more of each....

Eternal Optimist - Myself

Negative Ninnies - ICE

TFF - R. Rich

Flip Flopper - BF In Indiana, stevestojan

114025[/snapback]

I don't think ICE should be in negative ninnies. He has no problem pointing out the positives, but also has no problem pointing out the changes he believes would make the team better. I'd put him under TFF.

BF In Indiana is definitely a Negative Ninnie. How else do you explain, on our best game of the season thus far, he couldn't wait to come to the board and post a "Jerry Gray needs to go" thread even though Gray's defense is among the best in the league despite missing our starting CB and SS most of the year.

Guest Guest_macdaddy_*
Actually I am one of the FEW that can see this team for what it is. I don't kiss ass, I am NOT an EO by any means. Some will say I am a #4. No I am not. I WILL Change my oppinion after many facts on the same subject come to light.

This board is 90% EO. They live in some Madden based Fantasy land.

114029[/snapback]

You started the season as a #1 and are currently a #2 so that makes you a #4.

By the way, what is your current prognosis since we are apparently too fricken stupid to see what's going on with the team?

Guest Guest_macdaddy_*

I'm 60% #3 and 40% #1. How can you not be an eternal optimist being from WNY and a diehard Bills fan? We've been shat on so many times it's got to get better!

What kills me about this board is the people that don't recognize this for what this really is: entertainment. If this was serious stuff it would be called 'One Bills Drive'.

Actually I am one of the FEW that can see this team for what it is. I don't kiss ass, I am NOT an EO by any means. Some will say I am a #4. No I am not. I WILL Change my oppinion after many facts on the same subject come to light.

This board is 90% EO. They live in some Madden based Fantasy land.

114029[/snapback]

I believe you belong in a category all your own ICE :D

#5- The Eternally negative filp-flopping thoughtful optimists

:lol:

I am probably an eternal optimist....I have a new challenge, how about you name 1 or more of each....

Eternal Optimist - Myself

Negative Ninnies - ICE

TFF - R. Rich

Flip Flopper - BF In Indiana, stevestojan

114025[/snapback]

That's a good BINGO!!!!!!

the way i see it, folks break down into one of four categories on this board:

1.  Eternal Optimists

these posters only see the positives, and blister when someone criticizes a player, the coach, or the GM.  it's always someone else's fault when the bills lose (the refs, the weather, the media, the league -- they're out to get us, you know).  god forbid that the ESPN power rankings aren't giving the bills a high enough ranking.  i'd estimate that about 20-30% of posters fall into this category.

2.  Negative Ninnies

as you would expect, these posters are the opposite of the EOs.  i call this the "typical" buffalo fan mentality.  even when something good happens, all they point out is the negative.  "yeah, but...." is how a majority of their posts begin.  the mantra of the NN is, "why talk about the good when we all know something terrible is going to happen and somebody will screw up?"  unfortunately, i'd guess that 50% of TSW'ers fall into this category.  i'd have to include trolls here, since they're obviously not going to say anything positive about the bills.

3.  Thoughtful Football Fans

the TFF is a bills' fan, but doesn't have blinders on.  the bills are capable of doing things well, and of doing things poorly.  the good is acknowledged, and the bad is constructively critiqued.  discussions between TFFs are fun to read and provide good analysis.  to my dismay, i find that probably less than 10% of posters qualify.

4.  Flip Floppers

the FF runs hot and cold, depending on last week's result.  when there's a winning streak, they might be mistakenly characterized as EOs.  after the next loss, however, you'd think a NN just entered the room.  you could also call these posters "bandwagoners" but that phrase is overused.  a rough guesstimate would put about 20-25% of posters in this category.

anyway, as you might expect, i consider myself to be a TFF -- well, maybe 90% TFF and 10% EO.  i still enjoy coming here and sharing my $.02, because i think every poster provides some level of entertainment.  which type are you?

114005[/snapback]

I'd categorize myself as #3. I can't stand the "Chicken Little" and "gang attack" mentalities. While I get enjoyment out of each and every win, no matter the Bills' record, I am not so blind as to think they are going to the SB after each win and I recognize their deficiencies. I don't think they're going to the playoffs this year but until they're mathematically eliminated I won't give up hope, either. Hence, my avatar sig line. I guess I have some #1 in me, also. :)

How about a new category:

#5 Sarcastic Sillies

The Sarcastic Silly reads posts and either responds to the initial post or picks on a particular community member in some sarcastic or silly manner. Some times the sarcasim is painfully true yet at other times it is just playfully silly. The SS is often a former TFF who gets so tired of the responses from the NNs that they resort to humor and sarcasim to get them through the day. The SS makes up less than 2% of the posters.

#5 Sarcastic Sillies

The Sarcastic Silly reads posts and either responds to the initial post or picks on a particular community member in some sarcastic or silly manner. Some times the sarcasim is painfully true yet at other times it is just playfully silly. The SS is often a former TFF who gets so tired of the responses from the NNs that they resort to humor and sarcasim to get them through the day. The SS makes up less than 2% of the posters.

114292[/snapback]

I Think I've found my home :)

#5 Sarcastic Sillies

114292[/snapback]

nice call...I think the SS is an underappreciated group...yet they serve a vital role here.

#5 Sarcastic Sillies

114292[/snapback]

pick me! pick me!

#5 Sarcastic Sillies

114292[/snapback]

A "Hit and Run" post.