apparently mario haggan.....

bbillsfan87

Out of all the ST only LBs we've carried on the roster, Haggan was the only one I thought would have much of a future in the league and I was surprised to see him not re-signed after his supension. He's a big guy too.

Big LB are not allowed on our team.

Denver's defense is not good. That said I always liked Haggan as a tough, strong linebacker and great special teamer - but he was terrible in coverage and in our defense, linebackers have to cover.

Correct - I think this is more a reflection on how bad their personnel is than how good Haggan may have become...

Big LB are not allowed on our team.

I'm still wondering why they passed on Maualuga to go for Maybin. Mualauga earned the CIN starting nod over Rashad Jeanty at the SAM spot - and Jeanty is a very decent LB - in what looks to be a good LB corps for them with Dhani Jones at MLB and last years' #1 Keith Rivers at WLB.

He missed ps game one with nagging injuries, but then showed as advertised - quick to the ball carrier and hits hard. They worked him hard to better his pass cover skills.

IMO, the Bills should have worked day#1 more through the years in the draft for LB talent.

I always liked him as a ILB in a 3-4 or a 2 down/run package type in a 4-3. The dude is big and can hit, but like already mentioned here, had no coverage skills whatsoever.

Hmm, does sound a lot like Kawika.

I'm still wondering why they passed on Maualuga to go for Maybin. Mualauga earned the CIN starting nod over Rashad Jeanty at the SAM spot - and Jeanty is a very decent LB - in what looks to be a good LB corps for them with Dhani Jones at MLB and last years' #1 Keith Rivers at WLB.

He missed ps game one with nagging injuries, but then showed as advertised - quick to the ball carrier and hits hard. They worked him hard to better his pass cover skills.

IMO, the Bills should have worked day#1 more through the years in the draft for LB talent.

Maualuga over Maybin? Maybin was the 11th overall pick and Maualuga was the 38th overall pick.

Agreed. He seemed good to me--just never given much of a chance to succeed here beyond special teams.

I liked him as a player coming out of college and in his brief stint with the Bills. Showed a lot of promise rushing the passer, but his untimely ST penalties were annoying as hell.

When the Bengals hang the big 40 on the Broncos, nobody on the Broncos D will be put up as an example of a guy another team made a mistake getting rid of.

In other news, Ko Simpson will soon be starting for the Lions.

There are worse Ds than the Buffalo Bills'.