Langston Walker released/Kirk Chambers re-signed

Warren Zevon

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm an optimist to a fault. But this team is a bigger mess than the Mets and the knicks, and that's saying a lot. Maybe worse than the Pirates too. We are a joke. What are these moves? Do they think this will make us a better football tea. You have to be f-cking kidding me!!!! I almost want to sell my tickets to the home opener.

I really don't understand this. It has to be about money. If their logic was that Bell was performing better at LT than Walker, then the best move for the team, not their wallet, would have been Bell - Wood - Hangartner - Butler - Walker. That's what should have been done weeks ago if they really saw Bell as their answer at LT. Levitre could fill in at both guard spots and even a bit at right tackle if need be. Walker is a good RT, and was probably the most consistent damn offensive lineman on the team last season. Now we have an incredibly inexperienced tackle protecting Trent's blindside, along with two rookies and a guy (Butler) switching positions with Chambers as the main safety valve. What a joke.

I'm an optimist to a fault. But this team is a bigger mess than the Mets and the knicks, and that's saying a lot. Maybe worse than the Pirates too. We are a joke. What are these moves? Do they think this will make us a better football tea. You have to be f-cking kidding me!!!! I almost want to sell my tickets to the home opener.

i will give you a stick of bubble gum and a kick to the sack. deal?

Ok, Langston is cut. Doesnt make the most sense other than financially. So why is Kelsay still on the team? PS I always said I thought Chambers was a better LT than Walker. Maybe he will start till Bell can go? Still I dont get whats going on as Chambers played G all preseason...

Also, this really handcuffs us into next season (I have littele hope for 2009, and have already started looking ahead). DJ will be gone. Trent will not do well with this line. Kelsay/Denny/Schobel need to be repalced. And now we need some OLineman even more than before. Man the Bills suck at the most important positions....Coach, OL, DL, QB.

i would like to see sage rosenfels come over in a trade. then let him run for his life behind this swiss cheese line. this line will have to be gritty and will learn quick during this long season. vince wolfork must be loving it.

They are more like a wet paper towel. But not Bounty, you know the cheap store brand.

Walker was a decent RT. Not sure why he wouldn't move back to RT if Bell was going to start at LT.

Perhaps they just thought Butler was a better RT than Langston. If not, perhaps they figured that making not one, but two switches this late in the preseason would have destroyed what little continuity and opportunity to gel that the new line has had. That would have meant that both rookie guards would have had a new guy to the outside to learn about and get used to.