This team

BeastMode54

Ive been a Bills fan for years and years now. The current state of the team is a joke. Firing the OC a week before the season, releasing veterans like Rhodes and Chambers? I have always been the optomist, but I can't take it anymore. We are going to have a tough year this year. Why Jauron wasnt fired after last year is a mysery to me. If what Turk says is true about DJ wanting a less complicated system is true, I don't think I'll be able to watch the games with any hope at all

Guest dog14787
Ive been a Bills fan for years and years now. The current state of the team is a joke. Firing the OC a week before the season, releasing veterans like Rhodes and Chambers? I have always been the optomist, but I can't take it anymore. We are going to have a tough year this year. Why Jauron wasnt fired after last year is a mysery to me. If what Turk says is true about DJ wanting a less complicated system is true, I don't think I'll be able to watch the games with any hope at all

Players like T.O. can completely change the complexion of a football game and we have way to much talent to give up now before the season even starts. Defenses win championships and we have a good defense so its not over yet, not by a long shot. We can still be 1-1 two games in, I think that's all we could ever have really hope for anyway. It was only a matter of how bad it was going to be playing the Patriots. So we stink up the place, so what, AVP gets a game under his belt and we come back stronger the following week.

Its not over yet...

There are many reasons to be upset but releasing a 3rd string RB and a very average back up lineman should not be part of it.

Thank God they rid themselves of Chambers..I would take Jerry "Cocaine" Crafts over that pos any day....

There are many reasons to be upset but releasing a 3rd string RB and a very average back up lineman should not be part of it.

Rhodes is a VETERAN with a RING. Bills are cheaping out as usual. Wait unitl Freddy J. gets nicked and Xavier Omon wiffs on a few blocks and drops a few passes when bullets are flyin for real.

Rhodes is a VETERAN with a RING. Bills are cheaping out as usual. Wait unitl Freddy J. gets nicked and Xavier Omon wiffs on a few blocks and drops a few passes when bullets are flyin for real.

So is Mike Lodish. A veteran with a ring means crap if they can not play.

So is Mike Lodish. A veteran with a ring means crap if they can not play.

so is Rob Johnson :wallbash: :wallbash:

Not meaning to be a dick, but I guess there's a reason why "they" are in the Front Office, and "we" are on a fan board.

1) I don't know zippo about the background of the firing of Turk Schonert, but the little I DO read about it tells me that he was instituting something more akin to Kevin Gilbride's offense than the FO wanted. I remember screaming "Just run the goddamn ball" during his era until my throat was hoarse. No thanks. In fairness, Jauron probably should have done this about 2-3 weeks ago so AVP could get a few miles under his belt. I'll definitely grant you that. But not getting into the end zone for the entire pre-season meant something had to be done, and they did it. Doing nothing would have meant pitchforks and torches around this place.

2) Rhodes and Chambers? Big deal. I've been saying for some time that Rhodes was a goner by Week 4. I'm VERY surprised he was cut so early, but the FO must have seen enough positives coming out of Omon that Rhodes was deemed expendable. Maybe they're still washing the taste of A-Train out of their collective mouths. As for Chambers, same thing. He's been described as "Journeyman Backup" so many times that it may as well be on his resume. Again, the FO apparently saw enough progress in Bell that Chambers can now add "Out of the League" to his resume.

3) On a slightly related point, let's give credit where credit is due. Trading Ko Simpson for a 6th-rounder the day before he was slated to be cut was a stroke of sheer genius. We should be so lucky to move ALL of our bubble players for draft picks. As someone pointed out, since it was the Lions' pick, it can almost be looked at as a late-5th-rounder. What a steal. Hell, we drafted Simpson in the 4th, and got almost-a-5th-rounder for him. Smooth.

I guess this is a long way of saying that YES, it's going to be a long season, and probably a losing one. But I'm in the camp that says the FO probably knows more about the business than I do. I'll take it one game at a time.

I guess this is a long way of saying that YES, it's going to be a long season, and probably a losing one. But I'm in the camp that says the FO probably knows more about the business than I do. I'll take it one game at a time.

Why so quick to cave and call it a losing season?, "It aint over till its over", Hirings and firings happen all the time, this is a business and if its broke, you gotta fix it, I'm in favor of tweaking it even more if it means "winning" is the focus. No way is this season a bust, it hasnt even started yet, there's work to do, but anything is possible at this point. The 1st game may be a little rough but one game dont make the season, they've been saying the no huddle was a work in progress all preseason anyway, so let's see if AVP's brilliant football mind can paint us a masterpiece...........

Not to mention they only of 2 RB's for the first 3 weeks. What the F#%*

you just came to this conclusion after this week? this franchise has been slowly circling the drain for years while our "hall-of-fame" owner and proven career loser counts his sheckels.

hey buffalo...enjoying your "connection" to the "real world?"

it's kind of funny, buffalo people look at the bills and sabres as a source of legitimacy that buffalo is somehow an important american city...yet the way the billionaire owners choose to run the teams just makes us a laughingstock. again.

Look, I had very little if any hope of a victory next Monday before we fired Turk. AVP gives a couple of things we didn't have before which may help against the Pats. He has no play calling tendencies that Belichek can view on tape (Unless he pulls out some Frankfurt Galaxy Game footage). Clearly as smart as Edwards and Fitzpatrick are (Woderlic scores) if they can't grasp Turk's Offence the was something wrong!! He can say all he wants about a "Pop Waner" Offence but Marchebroda's "K" gun wasn't rocket science. Hell we all know Jimbo is not in the 140 club IQ range and he is my favorite QB of all time. It is execution and play timing that make an offence work at any level including Pop Warner. If you have too many formation and plays you confuse your players instead of helping them. Receiver reads get so complex that a hook may be a curl with a different read and the QB throws to one spot while the receiver is in another. It is a throw back to the west coast philosophy the problem being it is overly complex. Philosophically it tries to confuse defences that have seen all the old variations of the west coast. This then turns into an ego game for coaches the whole "I outsmarted Belichek" game. If your offence has talent and can execute you will succeed. I believe AVP will go with about 20 plays. That is all you need with the talent this team has!! 12 pass play and 8 run plays. Then he will count on the players to execute a high tempo and beat defenders this will make the no huddle successful. In short I think we may just suprise NE next Monday. The loser in this whole thing is really JP because it sounds as though Turk's mentality may have been what destroyed him the rest of the way. Too bad because the kid has great skills he just not a rocket scientist.

Look, I had very little if any hope of a victory next Monday before we fired Turk. AVP gives a couple of things we didn't have before which may help against the Pats. He has no play calling tendencies that Belichek can view on tape (Unless he pulls out some Frankfurt Galaxy Game footage). Clearly as smart as Edwards and Fitzpatrick are (Woderlic scores) if they can't grasp Turk's Offence the was something wrong!! He can say all he wants about a "Pop Waner" Offence but Marchebroda's "K" gun wasn't rocket science. Hell we all know Jimbo is not in the 140 club IQ range and he is my favorite QB of all time. It is execution and play timing that make an offence work at any level including Pop Warner. If you have too many formation and plays you confuse your players instead of helping them. Receiver reads get so complex that a hook may be a curl with a different read and the QB throws to one spot while the receiver is in another. It is a throw back to the west coast philosophy the problem being it is overly complex. Philosophically it tries to confuse defences that have seen all the old variations of the west coast. This then turns into an ego game for coaches the whole "I outsmarted Belichek" game. If your offence has talent and can execute you will succeed. I believe AVP will go with about 20 plays. That is all you need with the talent this team has!! 12 pass play and 8 run plays. Then he will count on the players to execute a high tempo and beat defenders this will make the no huddle successful. In short I think we may just suprise NE next Monday. The loser in this whole thing is really JP because it sounds as though Turk's mentality may have been what destroyed him the rest of the way. Too bad because the kid has great skills he just not a rocket scientist.

You have to be kidding me. 12 pass plays and 8 run plays! I had more plays than that on my high school team

There are a lot more pressing problems than those two. Neither one was going to be a difference maker.

You have to be kidding me. 12 pass plays and 8 run plays! I had more plays than that on my high school team

Hey man! That is all the used in the 90's superbowl years. We had more than that in high school as well but the no huddle is a completely different animal. How many plays did you have in your two minute offence?

Not meaning to be a dick, but I guess there's a reason why "they" are in the Front Office, and "we" are on a fan board.

1) I don't know zippo about the background of the firing of Turk Schonert, but the little I DO read about it tells me that he was instituting something more akin to Kevin Gilbride's offense than the FO wanted. I remember screaming "Just run the goddamn ball" during his era until my throat was hoarse. No thanks. In fairness, Jauron probably should have done this about 2-3 weeks ago so AVP could get a few miles under his belt. I'll definitely grant you that. But not getting into the end zone for the entire pre-season meant something had to be done, and they did it. Doing nothing would have meant pitchforks and torches around this place.

2) Rhodes and Chambers? Big deal. I've been saying for some time that Rhodes was a goner by Week 4. I'm VERY surprised he was cut so early, but the FO must have seen enough positives coming out of Omon that Rhodes was deemed expendable. Maybe they're still washing the taste of A-Train out of their collective mouths. As for Chambers, same thing. He's been described as "Journeyman Backup" so many times that it may as well be on his resume. Again, the FO apparently saw enough progress in Bell that Chambers can now add "Out of the League" to his resume.

3) On a slightly related point, let's give credit where credit is due. Trading Ko Simpson for a 6th-rounder the day before he was slated to be cut was a stroke of sheer genius. We should be so lucky to move ALL of our bubble players for draft picks. As someone pointed out, since it was the Lions' pick, it can almost be looked at as a late-5th-rounder. What a steal. Hell, we drafted Simpson in the 4th, and got almost-a-5th-rounder for him. Smooth.

I just wrote a post on another thread about complaining fans that know nothing about what goes on in the FO. Its just nice to read a post from someone who hasn't given up before the season has even started.

I just wrote a post on another thread about complaining fans that know nothing about what goes on in the FO. Its just nice to read a post from someone who hasn't given up before the season has even started.

Well, thank you, I Billieve. That's a very kind post, but understand that I'm now finishing off a plate of "crow" per my second point in that post. I sent Chambers to the unemployment line, and he's flipping me the bird. And it tastes of crow.

Caution - I'm in the vanguard of the "Glass-Half-Full" crowd around here. There's always a ray of sunshine somewhere, and I'll find it. Crow isn't that bad when you get used to it. I've eaten worse.