Is the first game plan from Kelly?

SlamnSam

According to the Buffalo News, Kelly is planning to sit down with AVP in the very near future to go over some modifications to the K-Gun that is currently being run. Also pointed out in the article, however, is Kelly's concern that there isn't going to be a lot of time for AVP to prepare. I wouldn't call this "Kelly's First Game Plan". Probably a look at the play-calling selection, and trimming it down to a workable scale to get them through the Pats* game. I'm so looking forward to the opener, but it's now starting to have that feel of waiting for the crash at a car race. One just can't look away.....

According to the Buffalo News, Kelly is planning to sit down with AVP in the very near future to go over some modifications to the K-Gun that is currently being run. Also pointed out in the article, however, is Kelly's concern that there isn't going to be a lot of time for AVP to prepare. I wouldn't call this "Kelly's First Game Plan". Probably a look at the play-calling selection, and trimming it down to a workable scale to get them through the Pats* game. I'm so looking forward to the opener, but it's now starting to have that feel of waiting for the crash at a car race. One just can't look away.....

Spot on . . . :thumbsup:

With Jim Kelly's overwelming support for AVP as a play caller and hints Kelly will coach him up, does that mean the first game plan will come from Kelly?

One thing is for sure.. Belidick has no idea what the bills are going to run on offense... He has no idea on blitz packages either... The bills havent shown either..

One thing is for sure.. Belidick has no idea what the bills are going to run on offense... He has no idea on blitz packages either... The bills havent shown either..

Wouldn't this be great if the Bills were indeed playing possum. I'm expecting the worst, but i'd absolutely love a "oh my god, they actually beat the sh-- out of the pats" type of game...

I'm sure he will be prepared to defend anything the Bills come up with. How can you say he has no idea on blitz packages? Teams have packages set up for certain situations. You make it sound like this is a big advantage for us.

I'm pretty sure the first game plan will be Turk Schonert's game plan. They've already been preparing for the Pats*. I doubt they change it up at this point.

If they score a TD, throw to a receiver in the end zone on a 3rd down play in the red zone, or for that matter, throw the ball at all downfield, we know that they modified Turk's "plan"

If they score a TD, throw to a receiver in the end zone on a 3rd down play in the red zone, or for that matter, throw the ball at all downfield, we know that they modified Turk's "plan"

Ha! Good point.

I honestly think the game plan doesn't matter too much, especially against the Patriots*-- is there anyone here who think we can actually trick or out-prepare them? It's more of how you call plays and how you execute. Hopefully, AVP calls the right plays, and Trent decides to throw the ball downfield.

I'm sure he will be prepared to defend anything the Bills come up with. How can you say he has no idea on blitz packages? Teams have packages set up for certain situations. You make it sound like this is a big advantage for us.

No big advantage.. Belislunt can outcoach our Dicks blindfolded. Point was the bills have shown absolutly ZERO on tape including how the Bills will blitz... (I remember seeing very little bills blitzing in Preseason)

That has to be hard to prepare for. Brady can be confused... It IS possible... But is it probable that the bills can pull that off?

Im thinking that the bills lost by only 10 points last year (1st game) and Edwards only passed for 120 yards. Lynch had only 46 yards. Can we get more production out of the O? I hope so..

The biggest question is have the bills narrowed the gap between themselves and the patriots? I think so..

The Pats are 32 in the league (granted in the PreSeason) in yards given up... A whopping 400+ yards a game, mostly passing yards.. Their secondary is pretty bad. Now, they have to defend TO, LE, RP, AND JR? How will they do that?

2 Keys to the game... O line giving trent time and secondly, the passing game...

I have a feeling the Bills have some 5 wide reciever sets that they havent shown in the preseason.

I was begging to see one through out the preseason. You can blitz a 5 reciever set but someone is going to be wide open right from the snap. Reading the blitz is key, and something I think Trent can handle.

One thing is for sure.. Belidick has no idea what the bills are going to run on offense..

Seeing as how the Bills probably have no idea what they are going to run, I think that's a fair point.

I was begging to see one through out the preseason. You can blitz a 5 reciever set but someone is going to be wide open right from the snap. Reading the blitz is key, and something I think Trent can handle.

This is something I'd like to see them try if the defensive hounds have been set loose.

One would think Trent should be able to take advantage of a blitz in this situation. But from what I've seen of him for most of the 2nd half of last season, and this preseason, I have my doubts about his ability to read the blitz and get the pass away to the right WR. I hope my concern is without merit.

With a TE like Nelson and most of their RBs, they should be able to transition to the 5-wide in the no-huddle, w/o making any player substitutions.

I'm pretty sure the first game plan will be Turk Schonert's game plan. They've already been preparing for the Pats*. I doubt they change it up at this point.

I disagree. If you have read the posts conserning the difference in ideologies between DJ and TS, I would assume any plan TS had would be tossed, or atleast undergo major modification. Simplicity was the key to the Nohuddle of the SB Bills. I'm hoping for a return to the Glory Years, and an opening day shocker would be ever so sweet. Go BILLS!!!!

With Jim Kelly's overwelming support for AVP as a play caller and hints Kelly will coach him up, does that mean the first game plan will come from Kelly?

With the time that they have to "simplify" the no-huddle, and get it up to speed, I doubt there will be much surprize on Belichik's face. C'mon folks.... he is the guy that devised a way to make the no-huddle crawl during our Superbowl with the Giants with the real K-Gun being run full-throttle by the original cast.

Over the years Kelly learned a few things though about when to slow the tempo down, and what worked best against the zone blitz back when it was the next new amazing defensive wrinkle being employed by the Steelers.

He could help.

I think we may actually get some points on the board, but I expect a collaspe after the half-time adjustments.

Guest dog14787

Thanks for explaining, I was unaware of Kelly's plans and just knowing Jim Kelly is participating in helping turn the Bills offense around increases my confidence in AVP. Jim Kelly still has a whole lot to give to the game of football and I know he does allot for the younger generation already, but Jim can help the Buffalo Bills become a better offense and a better football team in my opinion.

I highly doubt that. I think the move was made with enough time before the first game where they could scrap that whole plan or at least make a major overhaul to it.

Guest dog14787
I highly doubt that. I think the move was made with enough time before the first game where they could scrap that whole plan or at least make a major overhaul to it.

I agree

I think Turks firing speaks volumes about what they thought of his game plan. Jauron made comments at the press conference yesterday about being focused on different things and being more aggressive.

I think that was a glaring goodbye Turk game plan!

I think Turks firing speaks volumes about what they thought of his game plan. Jauron made comments at the press conference yesterday about being focused on different things and being more aggressive.

I think that was a glaring goodbye Turk game plan!

Considering the Pats'* secondary has been torched this preseason and being somewhat familiar with Turk's previous game plans, I'm guessing they had drawn up a 1 WR, 2 RB, 1 FB, 1 TE attack that would completely trick the Pats* by running between the tackles all day. We'd totally catch them by surprise. Imagine their surprise after they spent all week trying to figure out how to take TO out of the game and we didn't even play TO!

I disagree. If you have read the posts conserning the difference in ideologies between DJ and TS, I would assume any plan TS had would be tossed, or atleast undergo major modification. Simplicity was the key to the Nohuddle of the SB Bills. I'm hoping for a return to the Glory Years, and an opening day shocker would be ever so sweet. Go BILLS!!!!

The key wasn't simplicity as much as it was how well they were able to execute the limited set of plays that were used, and that they were so well designed that they could all be run from any of their sets, and defenses couldn't key on what they were going to do off of a set or formation. Until the snap defenses didn't know what the play was. Eventually the patterns of Jim Kelly's play calling became one of the big weaknesses of the offense, since he had some predictable tendencies, but the formations or the pre-snap looks were pretty much the same no matter what play was called.

The other thing they had was allot of talent, and cohesiveness. The thing they relied on was individual players winning their one on one match ups more often than not. This team does have the talent in the skill positions to do that, but the line does not in my opinion. Until they gel and learn each others strengths and tendencies, things like blitz/stunt pickup, and line shifts will struggle more in no huddle than if huddled. Reason I say that, is when huddling they have a chance to talk and discuss issues between plays, that they do not get in no huddle.

Same goes with receivers and QB. How many times has a big play happened, when a WR comes back in the huddle and says, hes biting on this, before the defensive coach has a chance to correct the problem on sidelines.

It takes a veteran team that has worked together for several years to execute the no huddle offense efficiently and consistently in my opinion, and I don't think this team will be successful consistently if they try to run the offense more than a few series a game.