Welker to miss opener?

Dan

Well, I can confirm I just saw the same thing you did on NFL Total Access.

For those who didn't see it on the NFL Network, the show did not elaborate on what info they have to suggest the possibility that he's out.

Here's what the worst source in the world, the Pats* website, says:

"Wes Welker has been a regular in the locker room these days, but not on the football field. Since starting the Cincinnati game in Week 2 of the preseason, the Pro Bowl wide receiver has been out of commission with an undisclosed injury.

“It’s pretty much team policy that we don’t speak about those things,” he told curious reporters on Tuesday.

Is there any concern that he might not be ready in time for the regular season opener on September 14? If there is, Welker wouldn’t admit to any.

“Right now, I’m just working hard to get back out there,” he offered. “That’s my goal right now – just continue to work hard on a daily basis and get back there as soon as possible.”

Well, I can confirm I just saw the same thing you did on NFL Total Access.

For those who didn't see it on the NFL Network, the show did not elaborate on what info they have to suggest the possibility that he's out.

Here's what the worst source in the world, the Pats* website, says:

"Wes Welker has been a regular in the locker room these days, but not on the football field. Since starting the Cincinnati game in Week 2 of the preseason, the Pro Bowl wide receiver has been out of commission with an undisclosed injury.

“It’s pretty much team policy that we don’t speak about those things,” he told curious reporters on Tuesday.

Is there any concern that he might not be ready in time for the regular season opener on September 14? If there is, Welker wouldn’t admit to any.

“Right now, I’m just working hard to get back out there,” he offered. “That’s my goal right now – just continue to work hard on a daily basis and get back there as soon as possible.”

Same old crap from the Patsies* They will probably carry Sir brady on the injured list all season due to his now sore shoulder.

Not that it'll effect the Pats* but when do teams have to start listing injuries? I know during camp and preseason they don't have to. But doesn't the injury report kick in prior to the first game?

Same old crap from the Patsies* They will probably carry Sir brady on the injured list all season due to his now sore shoulder.

While everyone seems to have a problem with the cryptic nature of the Patriot's injury reports, I think it is actually smart on their part. Why not let the opposition game plan for players who won't be in the game. My problem is that the Bills don't do the same. Let the patriots guess whether TO and Schobel are playing.

Can anyone confirm this?

NFL TA reported he has an undisclosed injury but neither Welker or the Pats* are talking.

"We were planning to sit Welker at the half with the rest of the starters, but we figured why risk the injury..."

Regards,

Bill Bellichick

As I posted a week or so ago the Pats have a Welker clone in Julian Edleman, the guy is an amazing steal in the draft for them.

My take is they already know how good Wes Welker is and want to give Joey Galloway more time with Brady. Galloway is being given a chance to lock up that 3rd WR spot over Greg Lewis. They are calling Galloway a freak to be as fast as he is at age 37, and you know how much Belichick loves the older players.

Welker spoke with the media in the Pats' locker room Tuesday and said he hoped to be ready for the team's season opener against the Bills. While he didn't say the he would be available for sure, the fact that he was even speaking of his injury is an indication that it is not severe, given the way the team usually handles things in that department.

(Rotowire.com)

While everyone seems to have a problem with the cryptic nature of the Patriot's injury reports, I think it is actually smart on their part. Why not let the opposition game plan for players who won't be in the game. My problem is that the Bills don't do the same. Let the patriots guess whether TO and Schobel are playing.

Because there is a reason why we have the injury reports: so that there is less "inside information" going to certain gamblers. When you do what the Patriots do, that purpose is somewhat defeated.

As I posted a week or so ago the Pats have a Welker clone in Julian Edleman, the guy is an amazing steal in the draft for them.

My take is they already know how good Wes Welker is and want to give Joey Galloway more time with Brady. Galloway is being given a chance to lock up that 3rd WR spot over Greg Lewis. They are calling Galloway a freak to be as fast as he is at age 37, and you know how much Belichick loves the older players.

Welker spoke with the media in the Pats' locker room Tuesday and said he hoped to be ready for the team's season opener against the Bills. While he didn't say the he would be available for sure, the fact that he was even speaking of his injury is an indication that it is not severe, given the way the team usually handles things in that department.

(Rotowire.com)

Galloway is a great weapon if he can stay healthy, that has been his problem the last couple years. He should be good to go in N.E.* with an all access pass to all the HGH he needs.

But at this point, Belichick has turned the injury report into a farce...he listed Brady on the report every week in '07, as if he was even close to "probable".

Now everyone is catching on and doing it. I don't know what can stop teams from listing someone as questionable or probable even if they know that player will play. It's all gamesmanship now. To me, "OUT" seems to be the only legitimate category on the injury report.

But at this point, Belichick has turned the injury report into a farce...he listed Brady on the report every week in '07, as if he was even close to "probable".

Now everyone is catching on and doing it. I don't know what can stop teams from listing someone as questionable or probable even if they know that player will play. It's all gamesmanship now. To me, "OUT" seems to be the only legitimate category on the injury report.

Considering that, after getting caught cheating during a regular season game, Belichick didn't get suspended by Goodell, it's clear who wears the pants in this league. Roger Goodell is the worst sports commish ever. If he actually had a pair of balls he'd start rescinding future draft picks if there's not full disclosure regarding injuries in '09.