What Happens If The Lions Light Us Up?

Dante

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't imagine the mood here and for Bills fans in general. I guess it depends on how long are starters play. If its all our backups then it doesn't matter I suppose. I would think that they would want our first team offense out there for as long as possible just to get some positive attitude going.

It would be a sad, sad day at TBD. But on the bright side, maybe, just maybe it gets Jauron the boot before the regular season even begins. :ph34r:

Everyone who says that wins and losses in the preseason are not important, are 100% correct. But the lackluster play, inability for the first team offense to do anything is important. The play this preseason and not the record or wins and losses should give all Bills fans a reason to be seriously concerned and brace themselves for another disappointing season.

I can't imagine the mood here and for Bills fans in general. I guess it depends on how long are starters play. If its all our backups then it doesn't matter I suppose. I would think that they would want our first team offense out there for as long as possible just to get some positive attitude going.

I would say the "fans" would be even more unhappy and spout out that they know everything that needs to be fixed and how to do it... BUT that's already being done so it would be the same as it is now.

Starting offense should play until they score a TD. That may mean the entire game or after the Lions have hit the showers and the game is over.

COMPLETELY AGREE!

id also like to ask, for some perspective...

How would everyone expect the board to react if the Bills go in and totally light up the Lions? Would it instill any confidence at all? Or are all the opinions already formed?

How would everyone expect the board to react if the Bills go in and totally light up the Lions? Would it instill any confidence at all? Or are all the opinions already formed?

If we win, then the Lions will not have gameplanned for us and would have played a vanilla D and O. In short, we would still suck. :sick:

Actually, seeing as the starters will play at most one series it means... we'll probably win easily.

Thats what i was going to say! Our 2nd and 3rd stringers have been at the very least more energized and quicker to the ball then the first team so we do have a good chance to win.

but in the end it's 0-0 and game on after that.

I just can't imagine that happening. It's almost like the Bills scheduled this game for the final pre-season game at home so things would look good! If it does I can't imagine DJ not being on a tight, tight rope by who ever is in charge these days!

I think everyone realizes that pre season game results are meaningless. If the Bills have not had a recent and 10 year history of sucking huge, and did not get progressively worse last season, everyone could minimalise these games. I think we are all looking for positive signs. Even if it's a great drive one series, then a dumb turnover the next and we lose. At least we know we are capable of positive things. But nothing seems to have changed. We look almost exactly like we did last season. Thats what has lots of us thinking negative. However, I am moderately encouraged by the defense. They didn't look too bad at all against the Steelers. I think they will be significantly better than the offense this year.

right, as long as we don't look like the UB Bulls could whale on us or a well coached high school team could beat us... ;) yahoo!

Starting offense should play until they score a TD. That may mean the entire game or after the Lions have hit the showers and the game is over.

;) I like this. Taking them out to rest their Endzone-Free behinds doesn't seem to make any sense at all.

If the Bills starters can score a TD I will consider the game a win, no matter what the final score. (If you cant score on the Lions D, when they have a "preseason game plan", then you really really s*ck) Baby steps.

You have to remember the Lions did make upgrades to their D.