Greenbay rolls over Arizona

Defense creating all kinds of turn-over and Rogers looks like an all-pro... deja vu???

I read the game recap and noted that CB Woodson had 2 sacks. Ssounds like they were blitzing a lot, as well as game-planning (as Simon mentioned in a previous thread about the BUF-GB game).

I read the game recap and noted that CB Woodson had 2 sacks. Ssounds like they were blitzing a lot, as well as game-planning (as Simon mentioned in a previous thread about the BUF-GB game).

The Bills went to the superbowl 4 straight years and looked terrible in preseason. It means nothing. Why is Greenbay showing all this in preseason anyway? If they are actually game planning then of course they are going to kill people. Do you remember when Washington hired Steve Spurrier? They were gangbusters in preseason and sucked during the year. Could Greenbay be good? Sure, but they won't be dominating like that when the season starts, IMO.

I too think Green Bay is a serious contender in the NFC this year. Last year they battled injuries, Grant could never get going, and it was Rodgers first year at the helm. This year he looks completely settled in on offense, reading the defense's every move. They also have implemented the 3-4 and their LB group looks outstanding. This scheme will help to maximize the playmaking ability of their CB's Harris and Woodson because the blitz packages will force QB's into quick decisions. I think they take the NFC North for sure, over the Favre led Vikings, and could possibly represent the NFC in the SB.

green bay might win 11-12 games this season. dom capers blitz packages will get the ball in rogers hands a lot each game. capers has some VERY active linebackers on that club. if charles woodson shows up this seasaon and stays healthy -- they will make some noise.

rogers is just brilliant as a passer and leader. he can run as well. but that OL protects very nicely - and they of course have some dynamic WRs. Ryan Grant is a force to be recon with at RB. While not elite, he is determined to make defenses work and loves contact. that is a 3rd or 4th season offense with the same personnell. they will be VERY good and i wouldnt be surprised to see rogerw throw 30-35 TDs this season.

man, the cards were pretty darn good on both sides of the ball. their defense was active and stout when it had to be late in games. in the playoffs their linebackers played amazing and pressured the hell out of offenses. their corners and nickle packages were not weak. on offense, clearly, they are dynamic. boldin and fitz are 2/5 best WRs in pro ball today. they have two good blocking TEs and a VERY GOOD and nimble pass blocking offensive line. and warner is a savvy hall-of-famer. they have been a laughing stock for years as, we know. but they have turned the corner and added some real fiber and athletes to their once sad defense, etc.

Lets also remember that the Cards were a fraud of an NFC champ. They were a 9-7 team who got hot at the right time. They wont make the playoffs this year and will be lucky to be .500.

Yes, in fact the commentators (although not making excuses for AZ) stated that AZ was vanilla and GB at least defensively had game planned.

Lets also remember that the Cards were a fraud of an NFC champ. They were a 9-7 team who got hot at the right time. They wont make the playoffs this year and will be lucky to be .500.

They may have been 9-7 but they were outstanding all through the play-off and into the Superbowl, say what you want - but (1) they one their division (2) they were NFC champs.

The Bills went to the superbowl 4 straight years and looked terrible in preseason. It means nothing. Why is Greenbay showing all this in preseason anyway? If they are actually game planning then of course they are going to kill people. Do you remember when Washington hired Steve Spurrier? They were gangbusters in preseason and sucked during the year. Could Greenbay be good? Sure, but they won't be dominating like that when the season starts, IMO.

They have the pieces in place to be very good.

That's true. Lousy division, 9-7, and somehow they host 2 playoff games....I don't think they'd have stood much of a chance if they had to go to NYG for the championship game.

Anyway I still buy the GB hype. I said on footballguys a month or so ago (and maybe here too) in the "over/under win total" thread that they were my best bet for over.

No kidding, 38-10 at halftime, Rogers with 3 tds. On the road against the NFC champs. GB is looking like a real good team this year.

\

The NFC Champs had a 8-8 record from the worst division in football before getting hot in the playoffs. We were just one game behind the champs in the regular season...That does not make me feel any better.

green bay might win 11-12 games this season. dom capers blitz packages will get the ball in rogers hands a lot each game. capers has some VERY active linebackers on that club. if charles woodson shows up this seasaon and stays healthy -- they will make some noise.

rogers is just brilliant as a passer and leader. he can run as well. but that OL protects very nicely - and they of course have some dynamic WRs. Ryan Grant is a force to be recon with at RB. While not elite, he is determined to make defenses work and loves contact. that is a 3rd or 4th season offense with the same personnell. they will be VERY good and i wouldnt be surprised to see rogerw throw 30-35 TDs this season.

The preseason teams are not game planning to stop that packers offense........lets see how Rogers does when another team runs a twisting stunt or dials up a corner blitz like they are doing......in preseason.

yea, that is a good point. but nobody is really running vanilla defenses this late in august. they are all using their tricks. more importantly -- rogers looks great. his throws with good pressure on him are accurate and powerful. he runs out of the pocket when he feels pressure. he is the next great QB in my opinion. he seems to make the game slow down and almost stop. the plays seems t o take for ever to deveope. he surveys the field and almost always makes the right decision. i like this guy. it will be great to see him play brett favre!

The preseason teams are not game planning to stop that packers offense........lets see how Rogers does when another team runs a twisting stunt or dials up a corner blitz like they are doing......in preseason.

No kidding, 38-10 at halftime, Rogers with 3 tds. On the road against the NFC champs. GB is looking like a real good team this year.

They look very much improved I would wait until until the season starts to award them a playoff spot. The Bills looked season games last year the Bills looked pretty good too.

What upsets me about the Bills versus GB is that both of these teams started to rebuild at the same time. Right now their program looks way ahead of ours.

With regards to the Green Bay defense, they will be implementing an attacking 3-4 style.

I wouldn't say they are game planning on that side of the ball so much as they are running their system.

With regards to the Cardinals, another strength on that team are their safeties, Adrian Wilson and Antrel Rolle. They might be the best safety duo in football right now. They got rid of their defensive coordinator, Clancy Pendergast and lost a few parts on D so they are a bit behind defensively right now but still talented on that side of the ball.

The other night Matt Leinart threw for nearly 300 yards in the second half alone. So unlike last year, their backup quarterback situation should be solid.

The Cardinals should be tough again this year. Not an elite team but certainly above average. They have an explosive offense and an opportunistic defense. Whisenhunt will not let them slide backwards IMO.