Jim Rome?

evilcape

I was reading thru some posts and one poster wrote some lame joke-thing signed,

Regards,

blah blah blah

who here actualy likes jim rome? I cannot stand that 'cat' when he 'throws down' some topics and some heavy new-age lingo. what is a clone? what is WAR? that idiot repeats himself over and over, but maybe thats what captivates the attention of some of you fools. I hate that man, he is a terrible host, talks smack about everyone but sucks up to everyone he interviews. HE PAUSES FOR MINUITES AT A TIME (shuffles papers around) I want to see that mans world come crashing down. HATE HIM. hes an idiot, and if call yourself a "clone" of his, you are a much BIGGER IDIOT!!!!

"fat-FAT!" "its not ryan its ryan" "its not ryan its ryan" "its not ryan its ryan" "its not ryan its ryan" its not ryan its ryan" "its not ryan its ryan" "its not ryan its ryan" "its not ryan its ryan" its not ryan its ryan" "its not ryan its ryan" "its not ryan its ryan" "its not ryan its ryan" its not ryan its ryan" "its not ryan its ryan" "its not ryan its ryan" "its not ryan its ryan"

some of you would sit there and laugh at him repeat that 78 times. i spend that time figuring out the best place to insert my bowie blade into his neck

I listened to Jim Rome when I was stationed in Arizona in the late 80's early 90's. I use to catch him from a station out of San Diego called the Mighty 690..He was entertaining and had his own style. I find him humorous and Pompous all in one. I dont listen much anymore but If I did have a hour of my day to waste on the radio and I had to choose between Rome and the other clowns on Gr there would be no question..Rome...

I find Rome to be incredibly entertaining. I didn't always, but I do now. And I know a lot of other folks aren't entertained, but that's them, and I'm me. His schtick, including "it's not Ryan, it's Ryne" (OP didn't get it, or didn't type it correctly, and whichever, it's ok), is really pretty decent comedy for midday sports radio. Plus, he keeps me in touch (NOT informed, I wrote "in touch") with a national sports scene that's often difficult to follow if you live here in Buffalo.

I find Rome to be incredibly entertaining. I didn't always, but I do now. And I know a lot of other folks aren't entertained, but that's them, and I'm me. His schtick, including "it's not Ryan, it's Ryne" (OP didn't get it, or didn't type it correctly, and whichever, it's ok), is really pretty decent comedy for midday sports radio. Plus, he keeps me in touch (NOT informed, I wrote "in touch") with a national sports scene that's often difficult to follow if you live here in Buffalo.

I like him. I used to listen to him a lot starting in the mid 90s. Some of the callers were really funny and the annual "Smack Off" was always great. I became disillusioned a bit when he started to sell out. I remember when he almost daily made fun of Nascar or as he called it, "The Left Turn Circuit" Then, all of a sudden one day he loves it. Obviously trying to appeal to more listeners. He did the same with soccer. Anyway, that said, he still is more entertaining than 90% of sports radio and tv personalities. I listened a few weeks ago a couple days in a row when Rome was on holidays. He had Jay Mohr guest hosting and then another day he had these two brothers hosting. Both days were really funny.

he is awful. Cant listen to him.

Last time I did listen, he was talking about Jim Leyritz asking to have his car-starter alcohol detector removed because he couldnt have Chickn Marsala. Rome started to list everything with Chicken in the name... with huge pauses..... chicken ala king......................., chicken alfredo...................., chicken noodle soup......................chicken pot pie.............. chicken ceasar.................. chicken salad................

i turned it off and never came back

I cant talk though, I looooooove Ferrall

I was reading thru some posts and one poster wrote some lame joke-thing signed,

Regards,

blah blah blah

who here actualy likes jim rome? I cannot stand that 'cat' when he 'throws down' some topics and some heavy new-age lingo. what is a clone? what is WAR? that idiot repeats himself over and over, but maybe thats what captivates the attention of some of you fools. I hate that man, he is a terrible host, talks smack about everyone but sucks up to everyone he interviews. HE PAUSES FOR MINUITES AT A TIME (shuffles papers around) I want to see that mans world come crashing down. HATE HIM. hes an idiot, and if call yourself a "clone" of his, you are a much BIGGER IDIOT!!!!

"fat-FAT!" "its not ryan its ryan" "its not ryan its ryan" "its not ryan its ryan" "its not ryan its ryan" its not ryan its ryan" "its not ryan its ryan" "its not ryan its ryan" "its not ryan its ryan" its not ryan its ryan" "its not ryan its ryan" "its not ryan its ryan" "its not ryan its ryan" its not ryan its ryan" "its not ryan its ryan" "its not ryan its ryan" "its not ryan its ryan"

some of you would sit there and laugh at him repeat that 78 times. i spend that time figuring out the best place to insert my bowie blade into his neck

"Who here actually likes YOU?"

Regards,

The clones who listen to Jim Rome

WAR Bums who steal bread from the mouths of ducks

hahha your such a faggot. you wish JR was t-boning you on a pile of "RAIN-X" wipers. haha. you r ' a clone ' i assume? which means what? you wish you were Jim Rome? you will follow anythign Rome says?

"go use some Rain-X"

signed,

The Guy who Sells Rain-X

(thats supposed to be funny?)

I like Rome, sometimes, his emails are pretty funny. I don't go out of my way to listen to him but if I'm in the car I will.

He did the most annoying thing today. After a conversation with Antonio Bryant he said a lot of people out there are going to be happy and want him on their FF teams. He then began to play this fantasy alert crap that was like the warning buzz on a submarine. It was funny for one second but he kept playing it in the background while he was talking. I changed the station and checked back about 30 seconds later and it was still going on. :lol:

hahha your such a faggot. you wish JR was t-boning you on a pile of "RAIN-X" wipers. haha. you r ' a clone ' i assume? which means what? you wish you were Jim Rome? you will follow anythign Rome says?

"go use some Rain-X"

signed,

The Guy who Sells Rain-X

(thats supposed to be funny?)

Was this supposed to be funny?

blah blah blah

Very nice! In a smoky 1960's coffeehouse full of beatniks, this would get a rousing round of finger snaps. :thumbsup:

They way of the future, the way of the future, the way of the future, the way of the future, the way of the future, the way of the future, the way of the future, the way of the future.

Signed,

Howard Hughes

I like him. I used to listen to him a lot starting in the mid 90s. Some of the callers were really funny and the annual "Smack Off" was always great. I became disillusioned a bit when he started to sell out. I remember when he almost daily made fun of Nascar or as he called it, "The Left Turn Circuit" Then, all of a sudden one day he loves it. Obviously trying to appeal to more listeners. He did the same with soccer. Anyway, that said, he still is more entertaining than 90% of sports radio and tv personalities. I listened a few weeks ago a couple days in a row when Rome was on holidays. He had Jay Mohr guest hosting and then another day he had these two brothers hosting. Both days were really funny.

Right there.

Oh, and it was the Sklar brothers and I love when Jay Mohr guest hosts.

but maybe thats what captivates the attention of some of you fools.

I've gone back and forth with my fondness for his program. I like it now. He can be repetitive, the annoying sound bites usually suck, I think he reads everything he says (only because he mispronounces words that would only be mispronounced in print), his pregnant pauses are annoying particlularly when I'm trying to dial in the station; but all in all I find his show entertaining and consider myself a part of the jungle.

It's a good way to kill 3 hours of my work day. His shows takes some getting used to. Everyone hates it at first but like beer, the more you ingest the more you'll like it. I would consider listening for a while.