Tyler Thigpen

I've read a few places that this is possible. I thought he showed a lot of promise last year (and was not afraid to throw it downfield). He also had a nice TD reception.

But this year, not only has Croyle supposedly looked good, but Pioli also signed former New England back-up, Guittariez (SP?).

What do you think about Thigpen as a Bill?

Roto

I've read a few places that this is possible. I thought he showed a lot of promise last year (and was not afraid to throw it downfield). He also had a nice TD reception.

But this year, not only has Croyle supposedly looked good, but Pioli also signed former New England back-up, Guittariez (SP?).

Roto

I went to school with Tyler at Coastal Carolina and would take him in a heartbeat over what we have now. He has a good arm and has great mobility. He still put up pretty good numbers last year and had no offensive line to work with. He seems to be getting better and better with each year unlike some other QBs in the league. Best of all he is not afraid to throw the deep ball. The only ? would be him running the no huddle. Not sure what to expect. I keep bugging him about coming to Buffalo whenever I talk to him. If KC is stupid enough to release him he will do better somewhere else.

Roto

I would love it. I live in Myrtle beach, which is where Coastal Carolina University is (techniqically in conway but very close). Tyler went to CCU and was the starter at CCU for 4 years. I know him personally, and have seen him play alot. With that said he is a big guy with good speed and an excellent arm. In my opinion he should be starting in KC. I think Cassel in a product of the N.E. system and Croyle has never looked good. Fitzpatrick has looked good but you can never have too may good QB's.

I went to school with Tyler at Coastal Carolina and would take him in a heartbeat over what we have now. He has a good arm and has great mobility. He still put up pretty good numbers last year and had no offensive line to work with. He seems to be getting better and better with each year unlike some other QBs in the league. Best of all he is not afraid to throw the deep ball. The only ? would be him running the no huddle. Not sure what to expect. I keep bugging him about coming to Buffalo whenever I talk to him. If KC is stupid enough to release him he will do better somewhere else.

Ha ha. Hey is this James or Rich? Your on here too huh. Go CCU and Tyler!!

Roto

Played exclusively in a gimmick offense the pistol which is a highschool/pee wee football offense in KC last year. Did not take a snap from under center. As far "Throwing it downfield" what a crock of sh--. Averaged 6.2 yards per pass. Trent Edwards averaged 7.2. Edwards also had more yards passing per game. Talent level of the skill players around them were probably around the same, although the chiefs had a worlds better te, and Evans/Bowe is a wash.

Wasn't Thigpen largely responsible for KC handing the game to Buffalo last year? I recall that the game was fairly close and then Thigpen started handing the ball over without that much help from Buffalo's D.

Wasn't Thigpen largely responsible for KC handing the game to Buffalo last year? I recall that the game was fairly close and then Thigpen started handing the ball over without that much help from Buffalo's D.

Yeah like when he ran and fumbled the ball with no one hitting him or his pick 6. Between that and Edwards kicking their ass. I can understand why people who barely watched Thigpen outside of a few throws he made think he's a good option :)

Yeah like when he ran and fumbled the ball with no one hitting him or his pick 6. Between that and Edwards kicking their ass. I can understand why people who barely watched Thigpen outside of a few throws he made think he's a good option :)

That's true, I only saw him play a couple of games. I guess I just don't like what I'm seeing from Edwards lately. Thanks for the statistical analysis!

Ha ha. Hey is this James or Rich? Your on here too huh. Go CCU and Tyler!!

haha it's Rich. Whats going on man?

Have not heard from Cooney since the collapse during the 2nd half of last season.

Looks like I may have to start updating firejauron.com again early this season if they put up another performance like last week.

I'd take Thigpen in a heartbeat. the front office wont have it because there's a realistic chance he outplays trentative. Say what you want, but in 11 starts and 14 games last season, Thigpen threw as many TDs as trentative has in his career, 18.

I'll take a few more INTs if it means putting the ball in the endzone more often.

Exactly .... no way should we take him

Roto

I just saw a piece about a week ago talking about how Thigpen could be the starter because Cassell is struggling and Haley went out of his way to tell reporters he is not forced to play someone because of the size of their contract...

Now he is gonna be a third stringer or cut? Which one is it??

That's true, I only saw him play a couple of games. I guess I just don't like what I'm seeing from Edwards lately. Thanks for the statistical analysis!

Whatever problems we have with Trent Edwards right now are not going to be cured by Tyler Thigpen or either of the ghosts of David Humm or Joe Dufek.