Colorofchange.org attacks Glen Beck

A total of 33 Fox advertisers, including Walmart, CVS Caremark, Clorox and Sprint, directed that their commercials not air on Beck's show, according to the companies and ColorofChange.org, a group that promotes political action among blacks and launched a campaign to get advertisers to abandon him. That's more than a dozen more than were identified a week ago.

So ColorofChange.org is intimidating Glen Beck's sponsors. Is this fair? Free Speech?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its Glen Becks right to call Barack Obama a racist (He said on Fox and Friends that he doesn't like white people than 75 seconds later he said I am not calling him a racist than the next day on his radio program he said you know yesterday on Fox and Friends I called Barack Obama a racist and you know I stand by that) and if you don't like it don't watch. BUT if you really don't like it, it is your right to organize a protest of the shows sponsors.

I can't stand Glen Beck I think he creates this us good hard working "Conservatives" Vs "The World" atmosphere that does nothing but spread hyperbolic fear and hate rather than create interesting social commentary. So I don't watch Glen Beck but I don't hate him enough to join a boycott of his sponsors. Its these peoples right do all those things. Unlike the Don Imus situation where Al Sharpton and Co asked for his out right firing they are using their consumer spending right to boycott the show and try to take it off the air.

Glen Beck is a self proclaimed "Libertarian" so are these people are just using their spending power to protest his show. If Becks sponsors have faith in him than they will stand by him if they don't want the backlash they will pull out it is their freedom to do so. Beck is going to paint himself as the victim but in reality they are going about this the right way.

I'm a big believer of holding yourself accountable for your actions. He benefits from being in the spotlight and if he is to make a strong comment as he did, then he has to be willing to cope with the ramifications of it. You have to be cognizant of your surroundings, specially when you are in the public eye. This most likely will end up being a costly lesson for him.

I think it's acceptable for groups to bully people in the public eye, just as I think it's acceptable for people who agree with Beck to let those companies know that they don't agree with their stance. I don't know the story and I don't care much but if I did, I'd send an email to each of those companies and let them know how I felt about them caving if it was unwarranted.

So ColorofChange.org is intimidating Glen Beck's sponsors. Is this fair? Free Speech?

It is free speech. They have a legal right to do it.

Its Glen Becks right to call Barack Obama a racist (He said on Fox and Friends that he doesn't like white people than 75 seconds later he said I am not calling him a racist than the next day on his radio program he said you know yesterday on Fox and Friends I called Barack Obama a racist and you know I stand by that) and if you don't like it don't watch. BUT if you really don't like it, it is your right to organize a protest of the shows sponsors.

I can't stand Glen Beck I think he creates this us good hard working "Conservatives" Vs "The World" atmosphere that does nothing but spread hyperbolic fear and hate rather than create interesting social commentary. So I don't watch Glen Beck but I don't hate him enough to join a boycott of his sponsors. Its these peoples right do all those things. Unlike the Don Imus situation where Al Sharpton and Co asked for his out right firing they are using their consumer spending right to boycott the show and try to take it off the air.

Glen Beck is a self proclaimed "Libertarian" so are these people are just using their spending power to protest his show. If Becks sponsors have faith in him than they will stand by him if they don't want the backlash they will pull out it is their freedom to do so. Beck is going to paint himself as the victim but in reality they are going about this the right way.

What he said! <_<

I'm a big believer of holding yourself accountable for your actions. He benefits from being in the spotlight and if he is to make a strong comment as he did, then he has to be willing to cope with the ramifications of it. You have to be cognizant of your surroundings, specially when you are in the public eye. This most likely will end up being a costly lesson for him.

It's not gonna be as costly for him as it will be for Fux Gnus. They're the ones taking the financial hit.

And there are a lot of fans of Beck (more than are against him) telling advertisers that they will boycott them if they pull their ads from Beck's show.

Link?

And there are a lot of fans of Beck (more than are against him) telling advertisers that they will boycott them if they pull their ads from Beck's show.

I am thrilled to see so many people sticking up for him.

The funny thing is.....Beck had even MORE time to expose some of these clowns today because there were less ads on. In reality...it is going to backfire. He is turning into a professor, exposing and explaining the fraud in our government.

Beck is really cementing his status as a leader of "the cause". I think he knows he is going down with the ship at the end of this...be it his show, or dare I say even his life. But he has accepted that fact. That is why people are willing to defend him. Many of us sensed where this country was headed long ago, but millions now know they have to do something about it. Beck Included.

Speak the Truth.....Question with Boldness.....Do Not Fear

He makes ORiley look like a junior high disc jockey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOgmwyfKuL8

Dude, took me two seconds to find out that not only is Obama's radical and communist loving green czar the FOUNDER of this group, but that Beck is the one who EXPOSED him!

It's too bad that Beck's clown act loses him so many points, because Obama giving a commie lovin' guy like Jones (who's apparently in charge of 80 billion US taxpayer dollars) a job IS OUTRAGEOUS.

It's not gonna be as costly for him as it will be for Fux Gnus. They're the ones taking the financial hit.

Wrong again Steely. They aren't pulling out from Fox, they are just going to air out their advertisements in other time slots.

Say stupid inflammatory things to boost ratings..... boosted ratings lure advertisers.....advertisers make the network money.

Blah, blah, blah........

I'll take Fox (or other cable networks ) seriously when they put a permanent reporter in Afghanistan.

Money turns this drivel out while people argue Conservative or Liberal.

Wrong again Steely. They aren't pulling out from Fox, they are just going to air out their advertisements in other time slots.

After a quick google search, turns out the AP and many other news outlets were <shocked!> in fact wrong about the magnitude of this commie led boycott...

http://defendglenn.com/index.html

"AP reporter David Bauder reported that "33 Fox advertisers", and he includes WalMart, Clorox and Sprint, "directed that their commercials not air on Beck's show". In an email to DefendGlenn, Bauder claims he "spoke to several of the companies", yet if he had contacted ALL of them, as have we, he would have discovered that all but 11 have DENIED the claims of Color of Change, including WalMart, Clorox, Best Buy, SC Johnson, and today--Sprint, which has denied they are pulling any ads at all--on Beck or elsewhere on cable news talk."

After a quick google search, turns out the AP and many other news outlets were <shocked!> in fact wrong about the magnitude of this commie led boycott...

http://defendglenn.com/index.html

"AP reporter David Bauder reported that "33 Fox advertisers", and he includes WalMart, Clorox and Sprint, "directed that their commercials not air on Beck's show". In an email to DefendGlenn, Bauder claims he "spoke to several of the companies", yet if he had contacted ALL of them, as have we, he would have discovered that all but 11 have DENIED the claims of Color of Change, including WalMart, Clorox, Best Buy, SC Johnson, and today--Sprint, which has denied they are pulling any ads at all--on Beck or elsewhere on cable news talk."

I read an article that researched this and only Walmart pulled the ads, the rest of the companies never had ad time on Beck's show or didn't pull. Walmart also just transferred commercials to other shows, so Fox didn't lose any profit.

I read an article that researched this and only Walmart pulled the ads, the rest of the companies never had ad time on Beck's show or didn't pull. Walmart also just transferred commercials to other shows, so Fox didn't lose any profit.

Not according to Steely or for that matter the Huffington Post :thumbsup:

You know what's particularly funny about this: whenever the left sets out to villify critics of this administration, they simultaneously elevate that target's exposure to the world. When the WH went after Rush, his ratings jumped. Regardless of how stupid or ridiculous Sarah Palin may be to the entire world, a simple Facebook entry gets worldwide press. Beck is next in line. I admit I don't particularly care for Beck's over-the-top style and don't tune in to him (though I have watched his ACORN stuff, and you know that has to drive them crazy), but the left is falling for his schtick by making a big deal about him, and that will only lead more people to find out what the fuss is all about.

You'd think they would figure this out, ignore the critics, and take this energy reserved to villify critics and put it toward getting the word out about the health care issue, but that would take a leader's vision, and right now there is no leader in DC.

All in all, it's pretty funny to watch, but nothing more than that.

Good point.

Say stupid inflammatory things to boost ratings..... boosted ratings lure advertisers.....advertisers make the network money.

Blah, blah, blah........

I'll take Fox (or other cable networks ) seriously when they put a permanent reporter in Afghanistan.

Money turns this drivel out while people argue Conservative or Liberal.

:devil:

Explain that comment please?

Link

Glenn Beck has lost another advertiser.

Geico and Lawyers.com stopped advertising on Beck's show after he called President Barack Obama "a racist" on a July 28 episode of Fox and Friends. A spokeswoman for GMAC Financial Services told TVGuide.com on Monday that the company has "ceased to advertise on the Glenn Beck Program," though she would not say why.

Link

GMAC Financial Services joins a growing list of advertisers who have recently abandoned Beck's television show, including ConAgra, Roche, Sanofi-Aventis, RadioShack, Men’s Wearhouse, State Farm Sargento, LexisNexis-owned Lawyers.com, Procter & Gamble, and Progressive Insurance.

Link

Glenn Beck has lost another advertiser.

Geico and Lawyers.com stopped advertising on Beck's show after he called President Barack Obama "a racist" on a July 28 episode of Fox and Friends. A spokeswoman for GMAC Financial Services told TVGuide.com on Monday that the company has "ceased to advertise on the Glenn Beck Program," though she would not say why.

Link

GMAC Financial Services joins a growing list of advertisers who have recently abandoned Beck's television show, including ConAgra, Roche, Sanofi-Aventis, RadioShack, Men’s Wearhouse, State Farm Sargento, LexisNexis-owned Lawyers.com, Procter & Gamble, and Progressive Insurance.

Boycotting is a two way street, and with these companies bowing down to the threats of an organization founded by an unapologetic communist they will quickly find out that there are many more Americans who care more about things like capitalism and free speech than they do of the President's hurt feelings. You wait and see the counter boycott backlash that's about to hit these companies once the public becomes aware of Obama's communist green czar (and fellow radical buddy) behind the boycott.