No-huddle = no TDs by starters in first three games

Lori

Is it because he's getting the Bruce Smith treatment, or is the injury really serious?

Did Jauron or anyone else say how the injury happened? That could give a hint of the severity.

Oh yeah, was Bell back at practice?

Owens looked good in individual workouts today. my guess, resting.

Jauron didn't say how (Jackson) injury initially happened. but i do know he either jammed it while falling to ground or got hit on it while running through line in practice today. ... no hint of severity. Fred was in pain when on ground. trying to find out more but heading out for dinner with my wife.

no, Bell not back at practice, but Jauron said he's feeling better but uncertain whether he'll play Saturday. ... of course, GG, you could read the story i filed today -- in which most of this was included -- and save me the work of have to condense it into this note. ... :)

jw (once again begin a smartass).

ADDS (Jackson)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... of course, GG, you could read the story i filed today -- in which most of this was included -- and save me the work of have to condense it into this note. ... :)

jw (once again begin a smartass).

ADDS (Jackson)

I could. But I like the personal delivery of news much better. It suits my schedule.

Bills no-huddle attack also producing no TDs

Yikes. Some ugly statistics in that story, Mr. Wawrow -- although, as you noted, "having Owens on the field would help."

This quote bugged me a little, though: "Added receiver Josh Reed: 'That's not the Buffalo Bills. That's not what we want to be known as.'"

That's not the Bills? The offense that improved to 25th in yardage and 23rd in scoring last season, from 30th in both categories the year before? And on that third-and-goal handoff vs. Chicago to set up the FG, I could have sworn that it looked EXACTLY like the Bills I've been watching the last few seasons ...

It's possible that Owens and Maybin could become the sparks the offense and defense so desperately need. Since neither Snert nor Fewell have shown much ability to make effective adjustments when things aren't working, those two guys may be the pegs we have to hang our hats on this season.

"When it starts for real, we're going to have to be very good," coach Dick Jauron said Monday

:)

No kidding Captain Obvious

In an unrelated story, Jauron has postulated that it tends to get dark at night and light during the day.

would you people STFU about preseason games. The Lions went 4-0 in the preseason last year and finished 0-16. nothing in the preseason means anything. IDK if they scored 1000 points or -00000 points its preseason for crying out loud....

would you people STFU about preseason games. The Lions went 4-0 in the preseason last year and finished 0-16. nothing in the preseason means anything. IDK if they scored 1000 points or -00000 points its preseason for crying out loud....

Actually the preseason IS important, particularly for this years Bills. The final score is not important, but preseason is an important baramoter of how your starters play against other teams starters. So far, the Bills have continued their general inability to score TD's with the first team offense. This is concerning, particuarly given the fact that they have looked UNPREPARED to play, despite opening camp a week before other teams. Jauron is fully to blame for their continued lack of prepardness. They are about to get their asses handed to them by the Steelers 3-4 D.

Actually the preseason IS important, particularly for this years Bills. The final score is not important, but preseason is an important baramoter of how your starters play against other teams starters. So far, the Bills have continued their general inability to score TD's with the first team offense. This is concerning, particuarly given the fact that they have looked UNPREPARED to play, despite opening camp a week before other teams. Jauron is fully to blame for their continued lack of prepardness. They are about to get their asses handed to them by the Steelers 3-4 D.

There are those who have disallowed any sort of criticism of the team on the basis of it being preseason. Last season many of these same fans refused to permit criticism when Buffalo went 0-3 in their first division action after a 5-1 start.

After three years of football and four off-seasons to acquire more talent, we're still wondering if this team is good enough. That should be enough evidence to indicate the rebuild wasn't good enough. It's time for a complete re-structuring of this team. Much like their offense, the Bills front office personnel keeps doing the same thing and expects better results.

Well..it is preseason. I'm waiting to see what they do when the season starts, when they have TO and TE is in for the duration of a game. I think we'll be okay even without ML the first few games. I'm a little nervous about Jackson's injury though. We'll have to see.

At this point, the Bills' no-huddle "attack" does seem to merely be a way of getting our crappy plays called a little bit faster. I really can't wait for the regular season to start, so we can figure out exactly what we can expect to see this year. I simply don't trust preseason results.