Lee Evans on Rome (ESPN) after commercial

The Dean

Quick and not very complex interview. Lee is very low key.

Q. No huddle. Going to use it?

A. Thinks they plan to use it a lot. Helps to dictate pace.

Q. Does Lee like the No Huddle?

A. Different, Need to be in shape. Big adjustment, but he likes it.

Q. No Huddle difficult for young line and QB?

A. Didn't really answer the Q. Need a lot of communication. Talking all the time to each other to be on the same page.

Q. How about attending Larry Fitzgerald Camp?

A. Got a lot done. Camaraderie. Good time

Q. Did the star WRs protect or share their "secrets"?

A. Bit of both, but you learn by observing others, and asking questions. Different WRs have different ways to run routes.

Q.Addition of TO more opportunities for Lee, or fewer?

A. More, a lot more.

Q. Did he ever think TO would be in Buffalo

A. No. Never. Shocked when he heard...in a good way.

Q. Can Trent command respect from TO?

A. Lee thinks so. Right now they are all learning from each other, all learning from TO. Developing rapport. Thinks Trent is strong enough to stand up for himself if it comes to that.

Q. Will TO's flash rub off on Lee?

A. Maybe, but Lee is all about winning. Never been to playoffs and that's the goal. Wants to learn what it takes to get there.

There you have it. In a nutshell.

What I like most in those responses is that he is going to get a lot more touches because of TO's presence. It is one thing for us to say that, a whole other thing for our #1 wr to say it. When teams go zone on us there is going to be places open for Lee that just weren't with smurf crew in there.

What I like most in those responses is that he is going to get a lot more touches because of TO's presence. It is one thing for us to say that, a whole other thing for our #1 wr to say it. When teams go zone on us there is going to be places open for Lee that just weren't with smurf crew in there.

I'm not sure if Lee will get more touches, but he should get more big opportunities, if you catch my drift. And having Lee should help TO, too.

With the exception of the early part of TO's career (when he played with Jerry Rice), TO has never had a WR teammate anywhere close to Evan's quality.

With the exception of the early part of TO's career (when he played with Jerry Rice), TO has never had a WR teammate anywhere close to Evan's quality.

That's really a great point that I haven't thought of previously....you know being that TO is old and what not, but wow - he hasn't really played with anyone has he? Philly, he was basically it....wait wasn't James Thrash there? Dallas they had Whitten at TE.....but yeah no other WR's really....

Nice one The Dean, I read this site all the time but rarely post.

That's really a great point that I haven't thought of previously....you know being that TO is old and what not, but wow - he hasn't really played with anyone has he? Philly, he was basically it....wait wasn't James Thrash there? Dallas they had Whitten at TE.....but yeah no other WR's really....

Nice one The Dean, I read this site all the time but rarely post.

There was that one guy on the Niners. What was his name? The one that won Dancing With the Stars? Jerry something-or-other?

:wallbash:

There was that one guy on the Niners. What was his name? The one that won Dancing With the Stars? Jerry something-or-other?

:wallbash:

You mean...

I'm not sure if Lee will get more touches, but he should get more big opportunities, if you catch my drift. And having Lee should help TO, too.

?

A. Didn't really answer the Q. Need a lot of communication. Talking all the time to each other to be on the same page.

A. Bit of both, but you learn by observing others, and asking questions. Different WRs have different ways to run routes.

A. More, a lot more.

A. Lee thinks so. Right now they are all learning from each other, all learning from TO. Developing rapport. Thinks Trent is strong enough to stand up for himself if it comes to that.

A. Maybe, but Lee is all about winning. Never been to playoffs and that's the goal. Wants to learn what it takes to get there.

I think a lot of players could learn a lot about being a professional football player from Lee. He could start with Maybin!! Peters could have taken a page from Lee's negotioans as well

I think a lot of players could learn a lot about being a professional football player from Lee. He could start with Maybin!! Peters could have taken a page from Lee's negotioans as well

The messed up thing about it is ESPN and the sports media hates players like Evans. They would prefer to have more scumbags in the league. And despite what people think 70 % if not more are good guys. However, the 30% is what moves papers and channels.

The messed up thing about it is ESPN and the sports media hates players like Evans. They would prefer to have more scumbags in the league. And despite what people think 70 % if not more are good guys. However, the 30% is what moves papers and channels.

It's those dastardly Nielsen ratings. Reminds me of the old SNL skit with Belushi playing William Shatner trying to avert his show (Star Trek) being shut down.

Hard news (murders, robberies, kidnappings) sell. It's why the news doesn't lead off with the local Easter Egg hunt. The same principle goes for sports: people don't care about the nice guys, they want to hear about TO, Plaxico, Vick, Ochocinco, et al.

He's also never played on an offense with a line this green.

The 7-year veteran they signed for depth doesn't seem to think this will be a big deal:

"There's a lot of talent on the line," McKinney said. "Everybody hears about the new positions and all that stuff, but that goes away about the first day of camp. It should be a good unit. We've got a few young guys and older guys, and it should be good."

The 7-year veteran they signed for depth doesn't seem to think this will be a big deal:

"There's a lot of talent on the line," McKinney said. "Everybody hears about the new positions and all that stuff, but that goes away about the first day of camp. It should be a good unit. We've got a few young guys and older guys, and it should be good."

I think we all agree that McKinney isn't one of them :beer:

A. More, a lot more.

Did he talk to Evans about how he now uses a soundbyte from his interview on his radio show anytime he asks a question and gets no response? He calls it "going Lee Evans on me" and plays silence with a bunch of crickets chirping...