Draft Guys - Who might go #1 overall next year?

stevestojan

It will most likely be Miami picking, so offense is key:

Who do you think will be #1 overall next year?

111337[/snapback]

Well, the Fins definitely need offense, so possibly Aaron Rodgers, Cal's QB, or Matt Leinhart, USC's QB. Best RB's in the draft are Carnell Williams, out of Auburn & Benson from UT, but not sure they're worth a top pick.

They should trade it to us for henry!

In todays NFL, sure it looks like thye need alot, but really anything can happen (look at SD!).

If they go out and get brees for a 2nd round pick, ricky comes back, boston returns to form and they sure up a few other spots around their team, this team could be good again EVEN WITHOUT a #1 producing. (not to mention the piloli/weis combo being talked about)

I would not be suprised intodays NFL.

They should trade it to us for henry!

In todays NFL, sure it looks like thye need alot, but really anything can happen (look at SD!).

If they go out and get brees for a 2nd round pick, ricky comes back, boston returns to form and they sure up a few other spots around their team,  this team could be good again EVEN WITHOUT a #1 producing.  (not to mention the piloli/weis combo being talked about)

I would not be suprised intodays NFL.

112746[/snapback]

I would agree that they're not in as bad of shape as people think.

Fortunately if Ricky does come back it won't be with the Dolphins, their OL is still bad and they will almost certainly have to start gutting their defense after this year.

Come to think of it, maybe they are that bad. Their passing game could be dangerous though if they get a decent QB and a healthy David Boston to go along w/ Chambers, Booker, and McMichael.

As for college QB's, I like Rodgers from Cal - who completed 20+ passes in a row vs. USC's tough defense. I'm not so sure about Leinhardt.

dont forget, philly has miami's 2nd rounder this year in the AJ Feely trade...and miami lost their 3rd rounder in the canidate trade, but recouped a 3rd rounder from chicago in the booker/o-gun trade...so they are lookin at #1 overall, then not picking again until the mid 70's...

I fully expect Drew Brees to come back down to earth and look like the kind of quarterback that he is: Okay. He is on a roll. No way do the Chargers franchise him. The rest of the league would give a collective "Cool!" Pay Drew Brees AND Rivers top five QB money.

112956[/snapback]

oh i know...who would pay the big starter type bucks to TWO QB's on the same team... :doh: