Trent needs a different helmet style

NY Nole

Shouldn't someone at OBD force him to wear the newer style helmet to better protect against concussion. I know it is a fashion thing for most of these guys, but after seeing some of these newer helmet styles, I believe a guy like Trent Edwards (who now has a concussion issue) could greatly benefit and should be forced to pick among the newer styles. He is still sporting the same helmet that he was concussed in a year ago.

Just sayin. We need every advantage possible to keep him healthy.

I have wondered about this myself. It would appear to be the smart thing, though I wonder if the tradition al helmets also have some improvements that we cannot see? For some reason, it appears that no Bill wears that helmet... though I could be wrong there.

Shouldn't someone at OBD force him to wear the newer style helmet to better protect against concussion. I know it is a fashion thing for most of these guys, but after seeing some of these newer helmet styles, I believe a guy like Trent Edwards (who now has a concussion issue) could greatly benefit and should be forced to pick among the newer styles. He is still sporting the same helmet that he was concussed in a year ago.

Just sayin. We need every advantage possible to keep him healthy.

I have wondered about this myself. It would appear to be the smart thing, though I wonder if the tradition al helmets also have some improvements that we cannot see? For some reason, it appears that no Bill wears that helmet... though I could be wrong there.

It amazes me that players don't all wear Revolution (Riddell) or similar helmets these days. There's no difference between them and the old school ones as far as on-field vision or anything...and they protect against concussions much better. It's just crazy to not wear them.

Maybe he should start wearing a different Cup so he stops throwing like such a Puss.

I am sick of 2yd passes on 3rd and 9 and hate that he refuses to even try to score TDs by passing to the end zone.

Yes, he's accurate.

Yes, he has a quick release.

Yes, he has poise.

Yes, he is smart.

Hopefully he will eventually grow a set of balls. I cannot sit through another season of Trent Specials (aka FGs).

Maybe he should start wearing a different Cup so he stops throwing like such a Puss.

I am sick of 2yd passes on 3rd and 9 and hate that he refuses to even try to score TDs by passing to the end zone.

Yes, he's accurate.

Yes, he has poise.

Yes, he is smart.

Hopefully he will eventually grow a set of balls. I cannot sit through another season of Trent Specials (aka FGs).

couldn't agree more

I agree completely on the need to improve scoring output.

At the same time, I think that for some cheetos-eating, basement-dwelling Internet hero to refer to a guy who has taken hits from people twice his size, (hits that would leave the average cheetos-eating, basement dwelling Internet hero curled up in a fetal position crying for his mommy), and gotten up to play again, as not having balls is the stupidest use of idiotic pseudo-macho BS I have ever heard.

Yes, he's accurate.

Yes, he has poise.

Yes, he is smart.

Yes, he's accurate.

Yes, he has poise.

Yes, he is smart.

The opposite of conservative isn't stupid. A 2 yard pass is much better than a int. Not to mention Trent never had a good wide receiver opposite Evans until now. Lets see what Trent can do with 2 top weapons and a nice ensemble of ancillary weapons and running backs.

When we had JP we had the highlights of him chucking it deep to Lee Evans but we were always getting blow out because he would consitantly throw INT's and chuck it deep when gains were available underneath. Trent is smart and even in what was his second year he played better than JP (Who played like a rookie after the 2006 season where he showed promise).

I guess my point is that "having balls" is just a stupid term. I think using all of the field is a better way to measure the effectiveness of a QB.

Yes, he's accurate.

Yes, he has poise.

Yes, he is smart.

So the 10 for 10 didn't soothe your pain?

You must be a Jeff George fan. He's available....cheap.

He WILL wing down the field. Not sure which team will catch it though.

The opposite of conservative isn't stupid. A 2 yard pass is much better than a int. Not to mention Trent never had a good wide receiver opposite Evans until now. Lets see what Trent can do with 2 top weapons and a nice ensemble of ancillary weapons and running backs.

When we had JP we had the highlights of him chucking it deep to Lee Evans but we were always getting blow out because he would consitantly throw INT's and chuck it deep when gains were available underneath. Trent is smart and even in what was his second year he played better than JP (Who played like a rookie after the 2006 season where he showed promise).

I guess my point is that "having balls" is just a stupid term. I think using all of the field is a better way to measure the effectiveness of a QB.

mm.. -I like Trents game in certain ways. However I think that he seems to turn a bit wimpy inside the 20.-I think having balls--while a crude term--is a fairly good description of what people presently criticize him for not having. And I don't think this has anything to do with the amount of weapons he has or doesnt have. There are gutsy QBs on lousy teams with lousy WRs--even if the results aren't always good. --Gutsy QBs 'will' their teams into the endzone.

Trent could be a very good QB.But QBs need to be leaders.I just hate to see Trent be any reflection at all of Jauron.YES Jauron...not a wimpy guy obviously--but a wimpy coach.So far. There is always hope..cough...

Guest dog14787
mm.. -I like Trents game in certain ways. However I think that he seems to turn a bit wimpy inside the 20.-I think having balls--while a crude term--is a fairly good description of what people presently criticize him for not having. And I don't think this has anything to do with the amount of weapons he has or doesnt have. There are gutsy QBs on lousy teams with lousy WRs--even if the results aren't always good. --Gutsy QBs 'will' their teams into the endzone.

Trent could be a very good QB.But QBs need to be leaders.I just hate to see Trent be any reflection at all of Jauron.YES Jauron...not a wimpy guy obviously--but a wimpy coach.So far. There is always hope..cough...

T.O., Shawn Nelson, and James Hardy will end TE's problems in the red zone this season in my opinion. TE does will his team to make big plays, he was doing it last season until he suffered his concussion(s).( I think he also may have suffered a second one)

T.O., Shawn Nelson, and James Hardy will end TE's problems in the red zone this season in my opinion. TE does will his team to make big plays, he was doing it last season until he suffered his concussion(s).( I think he also may have suffered a second one)

I agree with you about the concussion. Shoulda mentioned it.Definitely was a factor. Lets hope he is a touchdown machine this year.

At the same time, I think that for some cheetos-eating, basement-dwelling Internet hero to refer to a guy who has taken hits from people twice his size, (hits that would leave the average cheetos-eating, basement dwelling Internet hero curled up in a fetal position crying for his mommy), and gotten up to play again, as not having balls is the stupidest use of idiotic pseudo-macho BS I have ever heard.

RJ, I wouldn't have put it so forcefully myself. That said, I agree with you completely.

Not to mention the constant sack/fumbles. Trent is one of the least sacked QBs per pass attempt in the NFL. That is a good thing.

Trent could be a very good QB.But QBs need to be leaders. I just hate to see Trent be any reflection at all of Jauron.YES Jauron...not a wimpy guy obviously--but a wimpy coach.So far. There is always hope..cough...

My thought on Trent's development is this: Let's see how he does in his 24th career start in the opener at New England. Not speaking to you specifically Tcali but it's just amazing to me how many people have no patience or perspective on this team and its players. Trent doesn't even have two full seasons of starts under his belt.

RJ, I wouldn't have put it so forcefully myself. That said, I agree with you completely.

Not to mention the constant sack/fumbles. Trent is one of the least sacked QBs per pass attempt in the NFL. That is a good thing.

My thought on Trent's development is this: Let's see how he does in his 24th career start in the opener at New England. Not speaking to you specifically Tcali but it's just amazing to me how many people have no patience or perspective on this team and its players. Trent doesn't even have two full seasons of starts under his belt.

I constantly mention the parts of Trents game that I like.But its part of being on a board to criticize..-I have seen many a QB not develope and even digress after their first year or two.Not that my criticism or any other TBDers criticism is gonna really help..But we hope that the parts of Trents game that need work will get worked on.--I love the guys pocket presence and coolness and ability to move the ball between the 20s.-Some QBs never learn pocket saavy..-What I would like to see develope in his game is a more fiery leadership..-a refusal to lose attitude.In other words i wanna see him become Brady or Montana:)--Why not reach for the top?.What the heck.

that being said--the criticism may seem like condemnation and lack of perspective.---I DO realize that he has played less than 2 seasons. And in my opinion he has done well.

I constantly mention the parts of Trents game that I like.But its part of being on a board to criticize..-I have seen many a QB not develope and even digress after their first year or two.Not that my criticism or any other TBDers criticism is gonna really help..But we hope that the parts of Trents game that need work will get worked on.--I love the guys pocket presence and coolness and ability to move the ball between the 20s.-Some QBs never learn pocket saavy..-What I would like to see develope in his game is a more fiery leadership..-a refusal to lose attitude.In other words i wanna see him become Brady or Montana:)--Why not reach for the top?.What the heck.

that being said--the criticism may seem like condemnation and lack of perspective.---I DO realize that he has played less than 2 seasons. And in my opinion he has done well.

I think we actually agree on a lot of things here. Trent has shown real promise, but no one can say that his game is perfect. I do also agree that more aggressive play-calling is necessary, though I also believe that it is easier for a QB to grow more aggressive as he gains confidence and experience than it is to teach a gunslinger to calm down. That is my hope for Trent, anyway.

I just get annoyed when posters (not you, Tcali) throw around the sexual orientation lingo. They are trying to sound tough and macho, but it sounds stupid and childish, not to mention offensive. Let's stick to football.

Go Bills!

I find it ironic that you criticize my " idiotic pseudo-macho BS" by calling me names. Who is the pseudo-macho one here ?

It also seems that reading comprehension is a problem for you. I never said Edwards was not tough. I said that he needs to stop taking the safe pass all the time. I don't even care if he throws bombs downfield. I would just like to see him try to throw the ball past the first down marker or into the end zone.

Is it possible that Trent saw how JP got yanked around by this organization and he is so afraid to make a mistake for fear of having the same thing happen to him ?

I think Trent has the tools to be a really good QB, I just would like to see him take a few more chances. I like that he completes a lot of passes, but if they are not making first downs and scoring TDs they aren't much good. What I mean is, a 2yd dump off on 3rd and 9 is just as bad as an incomplete pass attempt on a 10yd pass.

As another poster said, I want to see Trent show up with some fire. Some refuse to lose attitude and a desire to make things happen, not just do the safe thing to protect his own ass but not help the Bills win.

Calling names is inappropriate, you are quite right. The irony was intentional. I was trying to make a point with extreme language. That is a literary device. As far as reading comprehension goes, take a look at my post directly above yours....

I find it ironic that you criticize my " idiotic pseudo-macho BS" by calling me names. Who is the pseudo-macho one here ?

It also seems that reading comprehension is a problem for you. I never said Edwards was not tough. I said that he needs to stop taking the safe pass all the time. I don't even care if he throws bombs downfield. I would just like to see him try to throw the ball past the first down marker or into the end zone.

Is it possible that Trent saw how JP got yanked around by this organization and he is so afraid to make a mistake for fear of having the same thing happen to him ?

I think Trent has the tools to be a really good QB, I just would like to see him take a few more chances. I like that he completes a lot of passes, but if they are not making first downs and scoring TDs they aren't much good. What I mean is, a 2yd dump off on 3rd and 9 is just as bad as an incomplete pass attempt on a 10yd pass.

As another poster said, I want to see Trent show up with some fire. Some refuse to lose attitude and a desire to make things happen, not just do the safe thing to protect his own ass but not help the Bills win.