Members of Allawi's family kidnapped

Link

Allawi has said the strike will continue.

Doesn't look very good....

Thoughts/prayers.

111153[/snapback]

The violence and terror will continue even if we steam roll through Fallujah......its something we cannot stop in my opinion....Its great that Allawi say the strikes will continue, but I think he will be losing close family members...its not even sad anymore..its pityful

The violence and terror will continue even if we steam roll through Fallujah......its something we cannot stop in my opinion....Its great that Allawi say the strikes will continue, but I think he will be losing close family members...its not even sad anymore..its pityful

111163[/snapback]

RUN AWAY! RUN AWAY!

Thank God cowards such as yourself weren't around during WW2 or you'd have surrendered during Iwo Jima or the battle of the Bulge.

RUN AWAY! RUN AWAY!

Thank God cowards such as yourself weren't around during WW2 or you'd have surrendered during Iwo Jima or the battle of the Bulge.

111181[/snapback]

[/quo

Wow...you are so far off the deep end.....I served 20 years iin the USN..i was part of the Gulf War I..and I'm a coward???? I was simply stating that eventhough we are attacking Fallujah....the terrorism will not stop..acts of terrorism will continue in the region...re-read the post will you....and how have you served your country??....you are a true hypocrite calling me a coward.....when you sleep all comfy at night..I was on watch protecting your freedoms....you ungrateful idiot

RUN AWAY! RUN AWAY!

111181[/snapback]

Wow...you are so far off the deep end.....I served 20 years iin the USN..i was part of the Gulf War I..and I'm a coward???? I was simply stating that eventhough we are attacking Fallujah....the terrorism will not stop..acts of terrorism will continue in the region...re-read the post will you....and how have you served your country??....you are a true hypocrite calling me a coward.....when you sleep all comfy at night..I was on watch protecting your freedoms....you ungrateful idiot

111199[/snapback]

Ummm...JSP is a veteran.

111163[/snapback]

The key point about the Fallujah operation being: it removes a geographically secure terrorist base. In theory that should significantly degrade the terrorists' capabilities (in fact...we'll find out, won't we?).

It takes a lot of strength or character for Allawi to accept that his family members are in effect casualties of war...sad though it is.

Are they terrorists? Some have called them Freedom fighters, while some call them insurgents. What say you Tom?

111216[/snapback]

My opinion is that they're terrorists, based on a lot of things I've heard in passing that lead me to believe there's a large foreign contingent in Fallujah.

RUN AWAY! RUN AWAY!

111181[/snapback]

111199[/snapback]

Moron. I served in the US Army.

Are they terrorists? Some have called them Freedom fighters, while some call them insurgents. What say you Tom?

111216[/snapback]

How hard is it to understand that there are both? There are Iraqis/insurgents who, for a variety of reasons are against the Americans. They are in significant numbers. There are also terrorists, foreignors mostly but not exclusively, that were not there before the invasion and would not be killing Americans right now had it not been for the invasion. They are also in significant numbers, if you call thousands significant numbers.

How hard is it to understand that there are both? There are Iraqis/insurgents who, for a variety of reasons are against the Americans. They are in significant numbers. There are also terrorists, foreignors mostly but not exclusively, that were not there before the invasion and would not be killing Americans right now had it not been for the invasion. They are also in significant numbers, if you call thousands significant numbers.

111246[/snapback]

What, no Freedom Fighters?

Moron. I served in the US Army.

111234[/snapback]

And I'm a coward why???? My service in first Gulf War was not good enough...I was simply saying that it is terrible about Allawi's family members. The terrorist will just filter in from Syria, Iran, Pakistan. Yes we will rid Fallujah of terrorist...but we take one step forward, two steps back. Unless of course we open up fronts in Iran, Pakistan and Syria to kill terrorists

What, no Freedom Fighters?

111264[/snapback]

I included the "Freedom Fighters" in the "insurgents" category because both groups of Iraqis have various and perhaps multiple reasons for hating the Americans and joining the fight. It would be hard, IMO, to differentiate some of them, and there is likely a lot of crossover.

The key point about the Fallujah operation being: it removes a geographically secure terrorist base.  In theory that should significantly degrade the terrorists' capabilities (in fact...we'll find out, won't we?). 

It takes a lot of strength or character for Allawi to accept that his family members are in effect casualties of war...sad though it is.

111204[/snapback]

You are exactly right.

111163[/snapback]

And then there's this reasoning...

Rebels, Guns And Money

James A. Marks

(New York Times, November 10, 2004)

A retired Army major general who was the senior intelligence officer for the invasion of Iraq writes that one of the goals in the Fallujah offensive is to gather more information on how the insurgents wage war and what their support systems are throughout the country. "Thus it is vital that we have included several thousand Iraqi troops in the operation. The press may emphasize that the Iraqis do not have the skills and training to close on and kill the insurgents, and that the heavy lifting will be left to us. That's true, but the criticism misses the point. The Iraqis will be of great help in talking to the locals and gathering leads."

I included the "Freedom Fighters" in the "insurgents" category because both groups of Iraqis have various and perhaps multiple reasons for hating the Americans and joining the fight. It would be hard, IMO, to differentiate some of them, and there is likely a lot of crossover.

111275[/snapback]

I'm sure our forces wont be asking them any questions with that regard.

So in wont be hard to differentiate them. They'll just kill them, and let the 72 virgins seperate them out.

God Bless our Troops.

111302[/snapback]

I know I'm off his point regarding the semantics of freedom fighters versus terrorists, but I agree eryn (Did I really just say that? :) ).

Call him whatever you want, if he's pointing a weapon at you, he's gotta' be taken down.

So in wont be hard to differentiate them. They'll just kill them, and let the 72 virgins seperate them out.

God Bless our Troops.

111302[/snapback]

I believe that, too. And good. I was, however, just answering your question.

God Bless our Troops.

111302[/snapback]

No one is arguing that point. Obviously if you are shot at, you shoot back.

And I'm a coward why???? My service in first Gulf War was not good enough...I was simply saying that it is terrible about Allawi's family members.  The terrorist will just filter in from Syria, Iran, Pakistan.  Yes we will rid Fallujah of terrorist...but we take one step forward, two steps back.  Unless of course we open up fronts in Iran, Pakistan and Syria to kill terrorists

111269[/snapback]

Don't you understand? If you utter anything other than enthusiastic approval of every tactic of this war or offer anything besides the rosiest of predictions you are an anti-American cowardly terrorist sympathizing blue stater. You see, it goes like this, if your party wins a Presidential election by 3%, you are no longer required to make sense or to be needlessly bound by the tyranny of facts. Common decency and simple politeness are for election losers to worry about.

Seriously, what did you do in the first Gulf War?

Wow...you are so far off the deep end.....I served 20 years iin the USN..i was part of the Gulf War I..and I'm a coward????  I was simply stating that eventhough we are attacking Fallujah....the terrorism will not stop..acts of terrorism will continue in the region...re-read the post will you....and how have you served your country??....you are a true hypocrite calling me a coward.....when you sleep all comfy at night..I was on watch protecting your freedoms....you ungrateful idiot

111199[/snapback]

You are way too full of yourself bro. Please stay indoors tomorrow.

There are also terrorists, foreignors mostly but not exclusively, that were not there before the invasion and would not be killing Americans right now had it not been for the invasion.

111246[/snapback]

They would not be killing Americans in IRAQ had it not been for the invasion. Better that they all show up there than disperse themselves throughout many of America's cities or throughout Europe.

Don't you understand?  If you utter anything other than enthusiastic approval of every tactic of this war or offer anything besides the rosiest of predictions you are an anti-American cowardly terrorist sympathizing blue stater.  You see, it goes like this, if your party wins a Presidential election by 3%, you are no longer required to make sense or to be needlessly bound by the tyranny of facts.  Common decency and simple politeness are for election losers to worry about. 

111859[/snapback]

Mickey, Mickey, Mickey...

You are one of the few I thought would be above this. I don't think anyone reasonable is saying anything to the effect that we've done it all right. My personal position, which you know well by now, is that the overall strategy was sound-but flawed in the execution. I could honestly discuss the layers of planning in general, and where the good points and bad points lie, but that would just ignite more stupid stevestojan here from people who need to be muzzled.

In very simple terms, there's not an effective interface between DOD and DOS. It's realized now, but I've mentioned before how long it takes to move Rice Bowls. It's a little better now, but that doesn't change last year.

But then again, what do I know.

Don't you understand?  If you utter anything other than enthusiastic approval of every tactic of this war or offer anything besides the rosiest of predictions you are an anti-American cowardly terrorist sympathizing blue stater.  You see, it goes like this, if your party wins a Presidential election by 3%, you are no longer required to make sense or to be needlessly bound by the tyranny of facts.  Common decency and simple politeness are for election losers to worry about. 

111859[/snapback]

ASW in Gulf

They would not be killing Americans in IRAQ had it not been for the invasion.    Better that they all show up there than disperse themselves throughout many of America's cities or throughout Europe.

112095[/snapback]

Because of the invasion, there is more than enough to go around, more than enough to kill us there and plot to kill us here. It's just a helluva lot easier there than here. And now we have lost 1100 Americans there because it was easier for them, they didnt have to pass through customs, they could just look out their windows. And from what I read around the world, from the pro and anti war people and nations, as many or more are joining as are being killed (although I am sure it is impossible to know for sure either way). So we lose more and they gain more.