Why are people protesting Mike Vick?

Major Mud

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, anytime I can be of assistance to the great "Bard of the Board" is an honor.

We've missed your odes, PIA. You seem to have lost the muse since Kalil Loud left. Tragic. Here's hoping the muse comes back. And soon.

GO BILLS!!!

K-9 ... I wish I knew how to post photos in here so I could show you my nephew / Godchild. But I'm too much of a techno-spaz. (If the phrase 'Techno-Spaz' ever gets used commonly, I demand copyrights!) Nice to hear from oe of the old-time Wallers, and I hope life is treating you well!

K-9 ... I wish I knew how to post photos in here so I could show you my nephew / Godchild. But I'm too much of a techno-spaz. (If the phrase 'Techno-Spaz' ever gets used commonly, I demand copyrights!) Nice to hear from oe of the old-time Wallers, and I hope life is treating you well!

Likewise, PIA. Life's been challenging lately but on the bright side, it's all 'upside.'

I hope you take every opportunity to spoil that nephew/Godchild of yours. It's your prerogative as an uncle. A sacred duty as it were. As the uncle of 17 nieces and nephews as well as the father of two of my own (7 and 3), I know the laughs never seem to stop.

Keep the faith!

GO BILLS!!!

You have an argument with Leonard Little and Donte Stallworth.

But who cares about Brett Favre abusing painkillers? He was not killing anyone or anything.

People probably dislike Vick more than Little and Stallworth because of Vick's malicious intent. Little and Stallworth were reckless.

I agree. What Stallworth & Little did was very wrong and they should be punished. Vick is a sick human being. Anyone that tortures, kills and fights animals is a sick individual.

Vick deserves all the protest and disgust that is being heaped upon him and more. What he was responsible for is vile and disgusting, indicative of a poor excuse for a human being, and attempting it to justify it as a "cultural" background issue because certain redneck elements in the south and virtually all inner city poor neighborhoods throughout the country glorify it is nonsense and equally vile. Yes, he has paid a heavy price. I am sure he is sorry about that. Time will tell if he has learned anything other than self preservation. I am not convinced yet.

As for second chances, certainly he or anyone else who pays their penalty deserves an opportunity to start again. To say he deserves another opportunity to make millions of dollars playing pro football and be held up as an idol to millions of kids is well beyond second chance. If any one of us were fired from our jobs and lost our career for such gross criminal misconduct you can bet the ranch you would never get another chance at that. That opportunity is gone forever. Just more proof that the NFL and Roger Goodel are nothing but hypocrites.

I hope for his sake he does get his life together, demonstrates real remorse, and makes himself into a positive role model going forward. I will not be rooting for his success on the football field.

Anyone that tortures, kills and fights animals is a sick individual.

I hope you are a vegetarian, because aside from the fighting part (intentional) you just described yourself in an indirect way.

Vick was wrong.

Vick paid his debt to society.

Vick can play football.

Vick deserves all the protest and disgust that is being heaped upon him and more. What he was responsible for is vile and disgusting, indicative of a poor excuse for a human being, and attempting it to justify it as a "cultural" background issue because certain redneck elements in the south and virtually all inner city poor neighborhoods throughout the country glorify it is nonsense and equally vile. Yes, he has paid a heavy price. I am sure he is sorry about that. Time will tell if he has learned anything other than self preservation. I am not convinced yet.

As for second chances, certainly he or anyone else who pays their penalty deserves an opportunity to start again. To say he deserves another opportunity to make millions of dollars playing pro football and be held up as an idol to millions of kids is well beyond second chance. If any one of us were fired from our jobs and lost our career for such gross criminal misconduct you can bet the ranch you would never get another chance at that. That opportunity is gone forever. Just more proof that the NFL and Roger Goodel are nothing but hypocrites.

I hope for his sake he does get his life together, demonstrates real remorse, and makes himself into a positive role model going forward. I will not be rooting for his success on the football field.

Well said!

That pretty much sums it up.

Okay, so this is the worst that Vick did?

After Vick agreed last year to plead guilty to a conspiracy charge, he was interviewed by federal agents and claimed that he "never actually killed a dog," though he admitted watching his friends hang, shoot, and electrocute pit bulls. But after failing an October 2007 FBI polygraph test "as it related to the killings of the dogs," Vick recanted his denial and "admitted taking part in the actual hanging of the dogs.

To be honest with you guys, that is still a despicable act, but it is no different from what many animals suffer in zoos or in the circus, nevertheless, the dude has done his time and punishment, it is time to move on.

If you still hate him, dont buy a jersey or an Eagles ticket

You are so correct!

Why, just the other day I took the kids to the circus. They hung, shot and electrocuted all the animals for our entertainment pleasure. We laughed and laughed and laughed..

Later, went to the zoo to see the new animal drowning and raping exhibit. The kids thought it was great but it was no different from what I had seen hundreds of times attending backwoods dogfights sponsored by NFL stars.

You are so correct!

Why, just the other day I took the kids to the circus. They hung, shot and electrocuted all the animals for our entertainment pleasure. We laughed and laughed and laughed..

Later, went to the zoo to see the new animal drowning and raping exhibit. The kids thought it was great but it was no different from what I had seen hundreds of times attending backwoods dogfights sponsored by NFL stars.

LMAO.....i love this board.....good time, good times.

You are so correct!

hey Genius, I am sure Vick and his crew did all that to the pitbulls in front of you and your kids!!!

Please grow a brain

I am confused, there are people protesting the Eagles and Mike Vick. While i dont condone what he did, there are worse people in the NFL. Was anyone in St.Louis protesting when Leonard Little killed a woman while driving drunk?....Or Stallworth? It was ok for Brett Favre to abuse painkillers? Its ok if you have 9 bastard children?....Lets put all of that aside, i love animals i have 4 dogs, 2 of which have 3 legs, and yes even a handicapped pitbull who was negected and abused. She had her front leg amputated as a result. But i do not consider what Vick did to be worse then what others in this league has done. I just think he is an easier target. I believe he paid his dues to society and raised awareness to animal abuse. Im sure if i wasent a little buzzed i could think of other examples. But overall i think you get my point...Right Ray Lewis?

bc people like to put themselves on pedastal

Guest dog14787

To all the Michael Vick haters that just can't see past what Vick did then by all means go on hating him, You have the right and you have a good reason to root against him. So stand up and cheer when he gets slammed to the ground and hate the Eagles along with him. Its football, we don't have to like every player that plays or every team to go on loving the game, not in my opinion anyway.

You are so correct!

good one!

I hope you are a vegetarian, because aside from the fighting part (intentional) you just described yourself in an indirect way.

Vick was wrong.

Vick paid his debt to society.

Vick can play football.

Nope, just a former animal control officer that had to deal with scumbags like Mike Vick.

I guess before cows & pigs go to the slaughter house, they're fought in a ring until death and that cow or pig gets shipped off to the slaughterhouse? Also, I guess if those cows & pigs underperform, they're hung, drowned in a pool or beaten to death just like Vick did in his illegal dogfighting ring.

Vick should not be able to make millions of dollars, period. It's a priviledge to play in the NFL, not a right!!

You know what, I don't think we are naive enough to believe what comes out of Vick's mouth or why he did what he did. One of the things that gets to me the most is the fact that he did this, and he wasn't doing it for the money. The guy was a multi millionaire, he did this for enjoyment and for pleasure. I think that is why a lot of people protest what he did, and will continue to do so.

:thumbsup: What he said!!

Michael Vick is a sociopath.

Enough about his race and his culture.

Drowning dogs for amusement.

Hooking up jumper cables to dogs- some his own pets- electrocuting them- for amusement.

Bashing their heads in- for amusement.

A sociopath.

If I'm playing in that league I'm going right after his ACL with my helmet.

F*ck him.

What he said in the bolded part. :wallbash:

My dear chap, when you are done hanging out with Sarah Palin and making up so called "Death Panel" stories please cite the source where Vick drowned dogs?

Just asking nicely

Link

Also, you just flamed one of the biggest liberals on the board with a Sarah Palin reference. :oops::lol:

Ummmm, thanks?

My dear chap, when you are done being an uneducated idiot and making up so called "facts" please look up the source where Vick drowned dogs?

Just asking nicely

Linky

More Michael Vick Barbarism Bared

USDA report details how football star killed pit bulls, lied to FBI

NOVEMBER 24--In the most disturbing account yet of Michael Vick's dogfighting operation, a federal investigative report details how the disgraced athlete killed pit bulls by hanging them from a nylon cord nailed to a tree and drowned others in a five gallon bucket of water.

Hung dogs from trees ... Electrocuted dogs to death with jumper cables ... Held dogs underwater until they slowly drowned to death ... Threw a family dog into a fighting pit and laughed while fighting pit bulls killed it slowly by tearing it to shreds while it was still alive and feeling every tear of the flesh ... Read the goddamned indictment, it'll ease some of your confusion. Personally, as a Bills fan I'm glad we don't have the Eagles on the schedule, because now I CAN attend every game this year. I have no use for the scumbag. Never will. Stuff your "remorse" ... it's value can be measured in the fact that it didn't surface until he got caught.

I doubt he will and if he does he won't be man enough to admit his mistake. JMO

This argument could go on forever, but anyone who thinks because of what Michael Vick did he is just plain evil and and beyond redemption, I say BS

Animals are killed for different reasons around the globe and yes sometimes for enjoyment and entertainment. Hunters kill for pleasure, why does a dog deserve to be treated differently than a bear, what, because bears are wild and free we should be able to track them down in their natural habitat and kill them. Can you imagine how dulled you would become over the life of certain animals if you worked in a slaughter house.

I've already pointed out that some cultures are more primitive than others in past threads. Our blood lines make us who we are, our heritage runs deep in each and every one of us. Some folks are closer to their ancestors than others, so in Africa for instance, now wouldn't you agree that Africans are more primitive and less civilized at least by our standards. Which brings up something else to think about, many things that we do here in the US could seem very uncivilized to another culture.

Michael Vick deserves another chance in life, he is not an evil man.

1. I hate hunters who do it to only kill something. Hunting for food is totally different in my book. That said, I haven't heard of anyone electrocuting, hanging, drowning etc. bears.

2. How you can reach the conclusion he's not evil is beyond my comprehension! :beer:

You are so correct!

:bag:

Nope, just a former animal control officer that had to deal with scumbags like Mike Vick.

I guess before cows & pigs go to the slaughter house, they're fought in a ring until death and that cow or pig gets shipped off to the slaughterhouse? Also, I guess if those cows & pigs underperform, they're hung, drowned in a pool or beaten to death just like Vick did in his illegal dogfighting ring.

Vick should not be able to make millions of dollars, period. It's a priviledge to play in the NFL, not a right!!

Well see there you missed the except fighting part. I eat meat every day & have no qualms about it. But if you like take a look inside a slaughter house or feed lot or processing plant you won't like what you see about how animals are treated. Ever drive down the road following a truck carrying chickens to the plant? Better keep your wipers on bub cause it's gonna get messy.

Maybe more to your point...stud can't cut it? Off to the processing plant. Hung? Damn right they are. Beaten? Goddamn right they are.

Get off your high horse. He screwed up, was involved in an activity that I find reprehensible. He paid his debt. He is actively employed.

If you're gonna shed a tear do it for the victims of Leonard Little or Pacman Jones or Stallworth or Craig MacTavish. There are plenty more I'm sure. Shed a tear for the abuse victim, those affected by drug abusers. Ray Lewis is looked upon as one of the faces of the league. Like the way he acted a few years ago? Yet he's lauded. He wasn't convicted afterall. Give me a friggin break.

The NFL is a priveledge? Tell that to the guy who retired 30 years ago and can't walk. Can't get insurance. Can't get the league to help. IT IS A BUSINESS. No different than any other except for the fact that it is public.