Why are people protesting Mike Vick?

Major Mud

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael Vick is a despicable person for what he did! You find it hard to believe people would protest a guy who made a reasoned, calculated decision for years to electrocute dogs to death, drown them with his own hands for no good reason? What kind of a person does that? Certainly not someone with any moral compass you want on your team. The Bills absolutely made the right decision not to sign him...if the Bills signed him, my season tix would be gone that same day.

What Stallworth did and Little did was awful....but they did not intentionally go out that night and decide to go hit someone with their car. What they did was a horrendous mistake deciding to get in a car that night after drinking.

Michael Vick did what he did every day for years thinking it was okay torturing animals. Nobody made him do it.....he made a decision, day after day to kill and torture defenseless animals.....that in most peoples' minds is worse because you intentionally go out and kill something for sport.

Take it from Jim Kelly as well who had some very strong, strong words about NOT signing this loser.

You know what, I don't think we are naive enough to believe what comes out of Vick's mouth or why he did what he did. One of the things that gets to me the most is the fact that he did this, and he wasn't doing it for the money. The guy was a multi millionaire, he did this for enjoyment and for pleasure. I think that is why a lot of people protest what he did, and will continue to do so.

Michael Vick is a sociopath.

Enough about his race and his culture.

Drowning dogs for amusement.

Hooking up jumper cables to dogs- some his own pets- electrocuting them- for amusement.

Bashing their heads in- for amusement.

A sociopath.

If I'm playing in that league I'm going right after his ACL with my helmet.

F*ck him.

Its easy, its because people value an animals life more then a humans

As far as him getting a slap on the wrist, he served more jail time then Stallworth and I believe Little COMBINED. As for those 2 being wreckless, thats no excuse. Last time I checked, for years people have been told and taught that if you drink, not to drive because you can kill someone.

What Vick did was wrong, but thats doesn't mean he can't learn from it and change, if not he wouldn't be let out of prison.

Its easy, its because people value an animals life more then a humans

As far as him getting a slap on the wrist, he served more jail time then Stallworth and I believe Little COMBINED. As for those 2 being wreckless, thats no excuse. Last time I checked, for years people have been told and taught that if you drink, not to drive because you can kill someone.

What Vick did was wrong, but thats doesn't mean he can't learn from it and change, if not he wouldn't be let out of prison.

Can we stop comparing cases that are COMPLETELY different?

Btw, most people do not value an animals life more than a humans., however, to accurately answer that question I would need to know " Who is the human?".

I have one life to spare....Charles Manson or my dog.

Goodbye Charlie.

Mike Vick raised a pit bull Puppy. Once the puppy was big enough he starved it. He then fed the starving pit bull a live tame dog. He then took the pit bull and threw it into a ring with another pit bull and had them fight. His dog lost, so he picked up the bloody dog and slammed it onto the ground until it was dead.

Then he did the same thing, except when this dog lost, he took it out back and hung it.

Then he did the same thing, except when this dog lost, he took out back and electrocuted it.

Then he did the same thing, except when this dog lost, he took it out back and shot it in the head.

And these are just the things that the feds caught. It takes a sick individual to starve an animal, force it to cannibalize another dog, torture it in a ring for enjoyment, then while the dog is crying in agony, take it out back and murder it in the most twisted and vile ways possible.

People don't protest players like Donte Stallworth because what they did was reckless and irresponsible. But, they didn't purposely kill people, let alone torture them repeatedly.

I've never protested anything, and I can't stand a lot of the people in PETA, but if the Bills signed this bastard, I'd be right along side of them.

Dude did Vick do this personally or were these part of the actions of his associates who squealed on him

You have a great point about Ray Lewis. I don't believe he killed anyone but I'm positive he knows who did and he's lying to protect them. That one is a double standard in my opinion.

Ray Lewis' friends got into a fight with some guys who wouldn't walk away to diffuse the situation and some reports said they were the instigators. I think some people look at that and say that was a case of people acting stupidly on all counts but they all knew what they were getting into.

I don't think there are too many people here who could say they've never driven drunk before. I'm pretty sure all of them had no intention of hurting someone. It's stupid and it's dangerous but I don't think it's done with murderous intentions.

Edit: A lot of people remember his failure to advise sex partners he had an incurable sexually transmitted disease just so he could get his rocks off without using a condom. I think that adds into people's disgust with him too.

Why is it that not a lot of black people are calling it a double standard. I'm sure there are some but they seem to be in the minority (no pun intended) on this issue. JMO

You forgot drowning them.

People, I think, look at this from a standpoint that dogs are only trying to please their masters and that trust is being greatly abused by dog fighters. Dogs are helpless in this regard. They do what they are trained to do. Also, when somebody is sick enough to do the things listed above it's a creepy statement about their state of mind. The dogs had to have been yelping during these tortures and anyone who can do those things while a dog cries out in pain is a really sick bastard.

A lot of people own dogs and they visualize somebody doing things like that to their dog and it really angers them. They see their dog as pretty much helpless without their loving care and the dogs are both loyal and protective. It's a crime against the helpless that really bothers them. JMO

My dear chap, when you are done hanging out with Sarah Palin and making up so called "Death Panel" stories please cite the source where Vick drowned dogs?

Just asking nicely

Wow, most of you just dont get it. I know what Vick did, i know what Little did, I know what Stallworth did. But my whole point was why is there selective memory when it comes to the scumbags in pro-sports. I think maybe some of you misunderstood my point. And that is, i dont have a problem with people protesting Vick and the Eagles, i just want to know why more fans dont speak out against other athletes who commit crimes. Even if its not intended, or a one time mistake. I mean is it worse to intentionally kill an animal, or unintentionally kill a human?.....I guess with enough money you can buy your way out of trouble, and buy your mistakes out of the minds of the fans....oh yeah if you done like this thread dont read it.

Let me start this off by saying that I think what Vick did was very wrong but I am not ignorant to the fact that the society I grew up in had a big influence on how I see what he did. First off let's be real altough admitedly I am no dog expert I think that there is a reason why lets say big old fat st. bernards or perhaps basset hounds are not the dog of choice generally in dog fighting. Generally the dog of choice is the pit bull and there is a reason besides there musculature, they tend to be more aggressive by nature than other dogs and can be trained to fight easier than a lot of other breeds. So the implication by some of the previous posters that Vick changed some generally passive animals which had no predisposition to be agressive into monsters is a bit unfair.

From what I understood some of Vick's dogs were probably killed for underperforming but I would imagine that perhaps some of them were killed because they sustained grave injuries (in those cases the dogs wouldn't be taken to vets because it would be reported to authorities). If some of those dogs were killed because of grave injuries there are similarities to forcing poor race horses (which are not agressive) to run harder than they normally would, consequencely having said horse(s) sustain leg injuries, and having to be put down because of injuries they sustained while doing something they wouldn't normally do. Although it's not done in this country as far as I know bull fighting is still done in Mexico and that ends with a bull being stabbed to death with swords and for some reason their society accepts it for the most part. Again I think what Vick's dogs went through was horrible but unfortunately there are segments of the U.S. population (particularly in the south) that see dog fighting as normal. I would imagine because they see animals more as property than living beings.

Being that I'm the child off parents from the Carribean I can also tell every one that doesn't know rooster or rooster fighting is done openly still in many if not most countries of the Carribean and Latin America; it is part of their culture and it is not wrong to many if not most people in those societies. If I'm not mistaken rooster fighting also occurs quite commonly in the south as well. My point is I feel although what Vick did was wrong I know that there are segments of the population in the U.S. (parts of the south which happens to be where Vick is from) where people don't see what Vick did like people from other parts of the country. My feeling on what he did is influenced by the segment of the population I spent my formative years in although I am the child of people from the Carribean (where animal fighting is openly done).

I must also add that those who are saying that in certain ways what Vick did was worse than some who have killed people by D.U.I. are fools. I understand dogs are living creatures but I never have and will never equate a human's life to a dog. With that being said regardless of what Vick did being premeditated it is nowhere in the league of taking someone's life through drinking. Even though a person doesn't set out to kill someone on purpose in vehicular homicide, the driver does make the decision to drink knowing beforehand what it can do to their driving. So in essence when a person is D.U.I. that person has no regards to the consequences of their actions (which can be the death of a person) and no I have never driven drunk. It might not be a premeditated killing of a person but that is why there are diffent degrees of manslaughter which is what a person who has killed another human in a D.U.I. has committed and yes once again I believe a human's life is worth more than an animal's.

I am so glad that there are more balanced and reasoned people on this site than the fringe element that clucks and screams at every emotional tug!

Kudos :thumbsup:

U are right. There was no remorse shown. He was carefully rehearsed (except for the word "gratification"-now he sounds like emmitt smith) and is only sorry because he got caught. He lied to the owner, the commissioner and the press until the evidence was uncovered. 5 years of this behavior (what kind of person thinks up all these ways to torture animals?) should not be forgotten by a prison sentence. Glad Buffalo didn't pull the trigger on this one-what a distraction Philly is in for....And for the people that are comparing the signing of T.O. to this is delusional. T.O. is not nor ever was a sadistic criminal. Let's hope he's a good receiver.

Please shattap and go work in an animal shelter along with you and your sniveling, whiny, lilly livered crowd :thumbsup:

U whiny, bleeding hearts make me sick

My dear chap, when you are done hanging out with Sarah Palin and making up so called "Death Panel" stories please cite the source where Vick drowned dogs?

Just asking nicely

Link

Also, you just flamed one of the biggest liberals on the board with a Sarah Palin reference. :thumbsup::wallbash:

Guest dog14787

This argument could go on forever, but anyone who thinks because of what Michael Vick did he is just plain evil and and beyond redemption, I say BS

Animals are killed for different reasons around the globe and yes sometimes for enjoyment and entertainment. Hunters kill for pleasure, why does a dog deserve to be treated differently than a bear, what, because bears are wild and free we should be able to track them down in their natural habitat and kill them. Can you imagine how dulled you would become over the life of certain animals if you worked in a slaughter house.

I've already pointed out that some cultures are more primitive than others in past threads. Our blood lines make us who we are, our heritage runs deep in each and every one of us. Some folks are closer to their ancestors than others, so in Africa for instance, now wouldn't you agree that Africans are more primitive and less civilized at least by our standards. Which brings up something else to think about, many things that we do here in the US could seem very uncivilized to another culture.

Michael Vick deserves another chance in life, he is not an evil man.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years...24081vick1.html

I'm all for giving people second chances. I mean, "there, but for the grace of God, go I" and all that. But after reading the story in the link above, Vick seems like a sociopath. And while second chances are nice, there is no changing a sociopath. Pitiful in every sense of the word.

GO BILLS!!!

Link

Also, you just flamed one of the biggest liberals on the board with a Sarah Palin reference. :oops::bag:

Sorry Buddy these were only indictments and not convictions, plus these were allegations made by squealers!!!!

Secondly they said that those actions were done by a number of them. So please, to come out and say that VIck drowned a dog is simply inflammatory and trying to play to an audience.

It is no difference from the airhead who was crying out to Arlen Specter that she wants this country to go back to what the founding fathers had it as :beer:

I guess that included depriving women, minorities and poor people of rights :thumbsup: Well, I better stop, I am gonna get accused of having "White Guilt" again :wallbash:

Bottom line, Vick has done his time and paid for his crimes, it is time to get a life and move on, or simply root against him