Why are people protesting Mike Vick?

Major Mud

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike Vick raised a pit bull Puppy. Once the puppy was big enough he starved it. He then fed the starving pit bull a live tame dog. He then took the pit bull and threw it into a ring with another pit bull and had them fight. His dog lost, so he picked up the bloody dog and slammed it onto the ground until it was dead.

Then he did the same thing, except when this dog lost, he took it out back and hung it.

Then he did the same thing, except when this dog lost, he took out back and electrocuted it.

Then he did the same thing, except when this dog lost, he took it out back and shot it in the head.

And these are just the things that the feds caught. It takes a sick individual to starve an animal, force it to cannibalize another dog, torture it in a ring for enjoyment, then while the dog is crying in agony, take it out back and murder it in the most twisted and vile ways possible.

People don't protest players like Donte Stallworth because what they did was reckless and irresponsible. But, they didn't purposely kill people, let alone torture them repeatedly.

I've never protested anything, and I can't stand a lot of the people in PETA, but if the Bills signed this bastard, I'd be right along side of them.

Agreed, without second chances where would any of us be?....

Stop saying "2nd chance" on Mike Vick. Maybe digging a little deeper into this guys past would reveal this is really chance 4 or 5? Pot water bottle, Ron Mexico STD case, dog killing ring leader.....

He's garbage, his press conference didn't leave me feeling this was a reformed or changed man. He's truly sorry for losing his career, his money and family time......dude could care less about killing those helpless dogs.

http://www.answers.com/topic/michael-vick

Stop saying "2nd chance" on Mike Vick. Maybe digging a little deeper into this guys past would reveal this is really chance 4 or 5? Pot water bottle, Ron Mexico STD case, dog killing ring leader.....

He's garbage, his press conference didn't leave me feeling this was a reformed or changed man. He's truly sorry for losing his career, his money and family time......dude could care less about killing those helpless dogs.

http://www.answers.com/topic/michael-vick

What the hell are you talking about? He sounded very contrite to me. What is he supposed to do? Sit there and cry. He admits he screwed up, and did wrong. He served his time. Who are you to judge him? If he keeps his nose clean and acts like a good citizen, his personal views are his business and his alone. I am glad you are so self righteous, you freak anti pot smoker, you.

What the hell are you talking about? He sounded very contrite to me. What is he supposed to do? Sit there and cry. He admits he screwed up, and did wrong. He served his time. Who are you to judge him? If he keeps his nose clean and acts like a good citizen, his personal views are his business and his alone. I am glad you are so self righteous, you freak anti pot smoker, you.

Pot meet kettle....

I state my honest opinion.

You tell me not to judge him.

You then proceed to judge me in the next sentence....well done!

I am confused, there are people protesting the Eagles and Mike Vick. While i dont condone what he did, there are worse people in the NFL. Was anyone in St.Louis protesting when Leonard Little killed a woman while driving drunk?....Or Stallworth? It was ok for Brett Favre to abuse painkillers? Its ok if you have 9 bastard children?....Lets put all of that aside, i love animals i have 4 dogs, 2 of which have 3 legs, and yes even a handicapped pitbull who was negected and abused. She had her front leg amputated as a result. But i do not consider what Vick did to be worse then what others in this league has done. I just think he is an easier target. I believe he paid his dues to society and raised awareness to animal abuse. Im sure if i wasent a little buzzed i could think of other examples. But overall i think you get my point...Right Ray Lewis?

You have a great point about Ray Lewis. I don't believe he killed anyone but I'm positive he knows who did and he's lying to protect them. That one is a double standard in my opinion.

Ray Lewis' friends got into a fight with some guys who wouldn't walk away to diffuse the situation and some reports said they were the instigators. I think some people look at that and say that was a case of people acting stupidly on all counts but they all knew what they were getting into.

To add to this, Vick's actions were pre-meditated and over a long period of time. Little and Stallworth, while they were both stupid, did nothing with bad intent. They didn't get behind the wheel looking for someone to run over. Vick purposely killed dogs who could not perform in the ring, and did so in a disgusting manner, over a long period of time.

Big differences in your comparisons, Chief.

that said, I'm all for someone getting a second chance. I don't agree with the Commish's decisions, but I don't hold that against Vick. I hope he is sincere in wanting to change.

I don't think there are too many people here who could say they've never driven drunk before. I'm pretty sure all of them had no intention of hurting someone. It's stupid and it's dangerous but I don't think it's done with murderous intentions.

Edit: A lot of people remember his failure to advise sex partners he had an incurable sexually transmitted disease just so he could get his rocks off without using a condom. I think that adds into people's disgust with him too.

Ok, I dont have White Guilt before some label me, but why is it that it is my fellow Whites that wont allow this guy to move on with his life, or fight cluelessly for the same health care that their grandparents and even themselves receive in the form of Medicare.

Hmmm methinks there is some latent fear of the five letter word followed by "Man" in play here

Pretty Sad that not much has changed :rolleyes:

Why is it that not a lot of black people are calling it a double standard. I'm sure there are some but they seem to be in the minority (no pun intended) on this issue. JMO

Mike Vick raised a pit bull Puppy. Once the puppy was big enough he starved it. He then fed the starving pit bull a live tame dog. He then took the pit bull and threw it into a ring with another pit bull and had them fight. His dog lost, so he picked up the bloody dog and slammed it onto the ground until it was dead.

Then he did the same thing, except when this dog lost, he took it out back and hung it.

Then he did the same thing, except when this dog lost, he took out back and electrocuted it.

Then he did the same thing, except when this dog lost, he took it out back and shot it in the head.

And these are just the things that the feds caught. It takes a sick individual to starve an animal, force it to cannibalize another dog, torture it in a ring for enjoyment, then while the dog is crying in agony, take it out back and murder it in the most twisted and vile ways possible.

People don't protest players like Donte Stallworth because what they did was reckless and irresponsible. But, they didn't purposely kill people, let alone torture them repeatedly.

I've never protested anything, and I can't stand a lot of the people in PETA, but if the Bills signed this bastard, I'd be right along side of them.

You forgot drowning them.

People, I think, look at this from a standpoint that dogs are only trying to please their masters and that trust is being greatly abused by dog fighters. Dogs are helpless in this regard. They do what they are trained to do. Also, when somebody is sick enough to do the things listed above it's a creepy statement about their state of mind. The dogs had to have been yelping during these tortures and anyone who can do those things while a dog cries out in pain is a really sick bastard.

A lot of people own dogs and they visualize somebody doing things like that to their dog and it really angers them. They see their dog as pretty much helpless without their loving care and the dogs are both loyal and protective. It's a crime against the helpless that really bothers them. JMO

I dont think this is a racial issue, more of a passionate issue, with tones of ignorance. If Tom Brady did the same thing, i would feel the same way, nahhh hang him!

Tom Brady....really? Maybe mention Peyton Manning or Drew Brees while your at it.

Do you not see the flaw in your argument? This type of activity wouldn't even cross his mind!

Brady's a class act without a history of baggage following him from high school. You should be embarrassed for even mentioning those two together.

If Brady, Manning, Brees or any other QB - white, black, hispanic actually did something this fu*king ignorant and evil in the future, I would feel the same exact way towards them.....

Mike Vick has the psychological profile of a psychopath. He will get into more trouble. He can't help it. I agree he should be able to play again, I just expect him to f***up again at some point. Ron Mexico has had a few "second chances" already.

Tony Dungy should be spending his time helping people that deserve it, not some sociopath jock. Really, what is supposed to come of this. Vick is supposed to become some inspirational example to youth? Get real.

Donte Stallworth was an idiot, but the if you know about the case, the victim was jaywalking and ran in front of Stallworth's car. He wasn't speeding, or driving erratically. Big mistake, bad idea, and tragic consequences. Could happen to many people ( maybe even some people on this board), but it wasn't premeditated. I am not condoning his behavior, but I don't expect to hear about Stallworth being in trouble again.

These cases have NOTHING to do with each other. Where are people supposed to protest Stallworth anyway? At his house? at the Browns headquarters? At NFL headquarters? He isn't playing this year, and I hear the Browns will release him. M.A.D.D will probably seize the stage if he does come out.

Driving drunk is a stupid and selfish and utterly contemptuous decision, and if you end up hurting or killing someone in the process, you should basically forfeit your life, far as I'm concerned.

But running a dogfighting ring is another animal entirely. To compare it with drunk driving is so ignorant it defies explanation. But I will try, anyway. Organizing and participating in ruthless, stomach turning bloodbaths on a daily basis, where the fighting dogs are starved and beaten daily, and then thrown stray cats and small dogs gotten from "Free To Good Home" ads in the paper to "practice on", and then placed into dark, dank, smelly rings to maul one another to death so greasy, inbred, impotent losers can gamble their rent money and cheer and drool on themselves while they watch, well, that's the stuff of horror movies. Anyone who even for a second defends this type of behavior is either a serial killer or a Republican.

Someone who claims to have so many rescued pets should understand the outrage people are displaying here. But perhaps you're just an animal collector and nothing more. Hey, don't sweat it. You're in good company.

EDIT: Sorry, Huuuuge Bills, I failed to see your post. I'll leave my rant up for posterity sake, but suffice to say, DITTO.

Driving drunk is a stupid and selfish and utterly contemptuous decision, and if you end up hurting or killing someone in the process, you should basically forfeit your life, far as I'm concerned.

But running a dogfighting ring is another animal entirely. To compare it with drunk driving is so ignorant it defies explanation. But I will try, anyway. Organizing and participating in ruthless, stomach turning bloodbaths on a daily basis, where the fighting dogs are starved and beaten daily, and then thrown stray cats and small dogs gotten from "Free To Good Home" ads in the paper to "practice on", and then placed into dark, dank, smelly rings to maul one another to death so greasy, inbred, impotent losers can gamble their rent money and cheer and drool on themselves while they watch, well, that's the stuff of horror movies. Anyone who even for a second defends this type of behavior is either a serial killer or a Republican.

Someone who claims to have so many rescued pets should understand the outrage people are displaying here. But perhaps you're just an animal collector and nothing more. Hey, don't sweat it. You're in good company.

EDIT: Sorry, Huuuuge Bills, I failed to see your post. I'll leave my rant up for posterity sake, but suffice to say, DITTO.

Actually, I think a few of us said this, that the comparison didn't match, although not quite as "in depth" as you did.

And I don't think anyone is "defending his actions", just debating on the protest side of this story. Some of us think he should get another chance, some of us don't, but nobody can deny the fact that his actions were disgusting and premeditated.

You forgot drowning them.

And throwing up against a wall until dead.

The other nice thing is that they hammered out the "breeding dogs" teeth so they wouldn't bite, before clamping them in the rape stands. And the acid--can't forget those. No evidence that Vick actually used the hammers in those cases but all that stuff was on the property. If he didn't do it, he certainly knew about it.

As to the press conference, Vick is on a script. I find it unconvincing. Do you honestly see remorse in him? I see a guy who wants his $$ back. If he says he made a "mistake" one more time, I may go postal.

As to the press conference, Vick is on a script. I find it unconvincing. Do you honestly see remorse in him? I see a guy who wants his $$ back. If he says he made a "mistake" one more time, I may go postal.

couldn't agree more...especially on that last part. Stallworth made a mistake. Little..well, the 1st time, I could call it a mistake to an extent but not the 2nd DUI. Vick was a premeditated killer...that's not a mistake...that's a sociopathic tendency. Serial killers started out the way he did. Who's to say that if he hadn't finally been stopped, he wouldn't be throwing homeless children and young runaways into the ring like he did those helpless animals? People (sick as they are) seem to like to make the assertion that "they're only dogs." Do these same people feel it'd be better to wait until he starts killing humans?

couldn't agree more...especially on that last part. Stallworth made a mistake. Little..well, the 1st time, I could call it a mistake to an extent but not the 2nd DUI. Vick was a premeditated killer...that's not a mistake...that's a sociopathic tendency. Serial killers started out the way he did. Who's to say that if he hadn't finally been stopped, he wouldn't be throwing homeless children and young runaways into the ring like he did those helpless animals? People (sick as they are) seem to like to make the assertion that "they're only dogs." Do these same people feel it'd be better to wait until he starts killing humans?

Agree 100%. Vick was (the only 2nd chance I'm willing to give him is linguistic and not say he still certainly IS) a very very very bad dude.

Let me start this off by saying that I think what Vick did was very wrong but I am not ignorant to the fact that the society I grew up in had a big influence on how I see what he did. First off let's be real altough admitedly I am no dog expert I think that there is a reason why lets say big old fat st. bernards or perhaps basset hounds are not the dog of choice generally in dog fighting. Generally the dog of choice is the pit bull and there is a reason besides there musculature, they tend to be more aggressive by nature than other dogs and can be trained to fight easier than a lot of other breeds. So the implication by some of the previous posters that Vick changed some generally passive animals which had no predisposition to be agressive into monsters is a bit unfair.

From what I understood some of Vick's dogs were probably killed for underperforming but I would imagine that perhaps some of them were killed because they sustained grave injuries (in those cases the dogs wouldn't be taken to vets because it would be reported to authorities). If some of those dogs were killed because of grave injuries there are similarities to forcing poor race horses (which are not agressive) to run harder than they normally would, consequencely having said horse(s) sustain leg injuries, and having to be put down because of injuries they sustained while doing something they wouldn't normally do. Although it's not done in this country as far as I know bull fighting is still done in Mexico and that ends with a bull being stabbed to death with swords and for some reason their society accepts it for the most part. Again I think what Vick's dogs went through was horrible but unfortunately there are segments of the U.S. population (particularly in the south) that see dog fighting as normal. I would imagine because they see animals more as property than living beings.

Being that I'm the child off parents from the Carribean I can also tell every one that doesn't know rooster or rooster fighting is done openly still in many if not most countries of the Carribean and Latin America; it is part of their culture and it is not wrong to many if not most people in those societies. If I'm not mistaken rooster fighting also occurs quite commonly in the south as well. My point is I feel although what Vick did was wrong I know that there are segments of the population in the U.S. (parts of the south which happens to be where Vick is from) where people don't see what Vick did like people from other parts of the country. My feeling on what he did is influenced by the segment of the population I spent my formative years in although I am the child of people from the Carribean (where animal fighting is openly done).

I must also add that those who are saying that in certain ways what Vick did was worse than some who have killed people by D.U.I. are fools. I understand dogs are living creatures but I never have and will never equate a human's life to a dog. With that being said regardless of what Vick did being premeditated it is nowhere in the league of taking someone's life through drinking. Even though a person doesn't set out to kill someone on purpose in vehicular homicide, the driver does make the decision to drink knowing beforehand what it can do to their driving. So in essence when a person is D.U.I. that person has no regards to the consequences of their actions (which can be the death of a person) and no I have never driven drunk. It might not be a premeditated killing of a person but that is why there are diffent degrees of manslaughter which is what a person who has killed another human in a D.U.I. has committed and yes once again I believe a human's life is worth more than an animal's.

These bleeding heart whack jobs need to get a life and leave MV alone. He did the crime, thankfully he got caught, and then did the time. He is actually still serving ~5 years probation. 19 months of being locked in an 8 X 12 cage for 23 hours a day is no joke. Think about it, these protesters should think about it. The safest bet in all of football is that MV is NEVER going to have anything to do with another dog fight. He has learned his lesson and paid for it. These protesters should get a life and let MV get on with his.

And throwing up against a wall until dead.

The other nice thing is that they hammered out the "breeding dogs" teeth so they wouldn't bite, before clamping them in the rape stands. And the acid--can't forget those. No evidence that Vick actually used the hammers in those cases but all that stuff was on the property. If he didn't do it, he certainly knew about it.

U are right. There was no remorse shown. He was carefully rehearsed (except for the word "gratification"-now he sounds like emmitt smith) and is only sorry because he got caught. He lied to the owner, the commissioner and the press until the evidence was uncovered. 5 years of this behavior (what kind of person thinks up all these ways to torture animals?) should not be forgotten by a prison sentence. Glad Buffalo didn't pull the trigger on this one-what a distraction Philly is in for....And for the people that are comparing the signing of T.O. to this is delusional. T.O. is not nor ever was a sadistic criminal. Let's hope he's a good receiver.

I am confused, there are people protesting the Eagles and Mike Vick. While i dont condone what he did, there are worse people in the NFL. Was anyone in St.Louis protesting when Leonard Little killed a woman while driving drunk?....Or Stallworth? It was ok for Brett Favre to abuse painkillers? Its ok if you have 9 bastard children?....Lets put all of that aside, i love animals i have 4 dogs, 2 of which have 3 legs, and yes even a handicapped pitbull who was negected and abused. She had her front leg amputated as a result. But i do not consider what Vick did to be worse then what others in this league has done. I just think he is an easier target. I believe he paid his dues to society and raised awareness to animal abuse. Im sure if i wasent a little buzzed i could think of other examples. But overall i think you get my point...Right Ray Lewis?

Ray Lewis was not convicted of a crime. Mr. Vick is a convicted felon, having spent almost 2 full years in prison and home confinement. Where does the NFL ever draw the line? The easiest decision Goodell could have made was to just ban Vick for life because his conviction included time spent in prison. That way, we don't even need to have any discussion about what crime Vick committed, only that is was so serious that his high paid defense team could not even get it reduced to community service or probation! That would leave out the debates next year when Stallworth gets reinstated after being suspended a year for manslaughter for God's sake! Manslaughter - that means a victom died. And yet, Goodell is proud of himself for suspending the drunk driver who caused the death a whole year. Wow. What a lesson. So next year, you can defend Stallworth on this blog, saying what,....that the guy died by accident, and at least Donte didn't committ first degree murder??? Oh my gosh, Roger Goodell would have to suspend that felon at least 2 years for first degree murder! :beer::wallbash::thumbsup:

I am confused, there are people protesting the Eagles and Mike Vick.

Hung dogs from trees ... Electrocuted dogs to death with jumper cables ... Held dogs underwater until they slowly drowned to death ... Threw a family dog into a fighting pit and laughed while fighting pit bulls killed it slowly by tearing it to shreds while it was still alive and feeling every tear of the flesh ... Read the goddamned indictment, it'll ease some of your confusion. Personally, as a Bills fan I'm glad we don't have the Eagles on the schedule, because now I CAN attend every game this year. I have no use for the scumbag. Never will. Stuff your "remorse" ... it's value can be measured in the fact that it didn't surface until he got caught.