Why are people protesting Mike Vick?

Major Mud

I am confused, there are people protesting the Eagles and Mike Vick. While i dont condone what he did, there are worse people in the NFL. Was anyone in St.Louis protesting when Leonard Little killed a woman while driving drunk?....Or Stallworth? It was ok for Brett Favre to abuse painkillers? Its ok if you have 9 bastard children?....Lets put all of that aside, i love animals i have 4 dogs, 2 of which have 3 legs, and yes even a handicapped pitbull who was negected and abused. She had her front leg amputated as a result. But i do not consider what Vick did to be worse then what others in this league has done. I just think he is an easier target. I believe he paid his dues to society and raised awareness to animal abuse. Im sure if i wasent a little buzzed i could think of other examples. But overall i think you get my point...Right Ray Lewis?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am confused, there are people protesting the Eagles and Mike Vick. While i dont condone what he did, there are worse people in the NFL. Was anyone in St.Louis protesting when Leonard Little killed a woman while driving drunk?....Or Stallworth? It was ok for Brett Favre to abuse painkillers? Its ok if you have 9 bastard children?....Lets put all of that aside, i love animals i have 4 dogs, 2 of which have 3 legs, and yes even an abused pitbull who was negected and abused. She had her front leg amputated as a result. But i do not consider what Vick did to be worse then what others in this league has done. I just think he is an easier target. I believe he paid his dues to society and raised awareness to animal abuse. Im sure if i wasent a little buzzed i could think of other examples. But overall i think you get my point...Right Ray Lewis?

mike vick is a scumbag.he got caught with the dope bottle and walked away with a slap on the wrist.he has always thought he was above the game.he didnt go to prison for the dog fighting.he went to prison for GAMBLING across state lines.that is when the federal government stepped in.that prosecuter poindexter tried everything in his power to let vick go.vick will screw up again you can bank on it.my main problem is i think he should have been suspended a year when his prison term was done.he thought that since he was in prison it was like being suspended.i think the suspension should have started when he got out.the whole bret favre angle is a joke.........he turned himself in to get help for pain killers.it wasnt like he got into trouble for taking them.he knew he was doing too many of them and did something about it.that is actually a standup thing to do.........

You have an argument with Leonard Little and Donte Stallworth.

But who cares about Brett Favre abusing painkillers? He was not killing anyone or anything.

People probably dislike Vick more than Little and Stallworth because of Vick's malicious intent. Little and Stallworth were reckless.

But who cares about Brett Favre abusing painkillers? He was not killing anyone or anything.

People probably dislike Vick than Little and Stallworth because of his malicious intent. Little and Stallworth were reckless.

To add to this, Vick's actions were pre-meditated and over a long period of time. Little and Stallworth, while they were both stupid, did nothing with bad intent. They didn't get behind the wheel looking for someone to run over. Vick purposely killed dogs who could not perform in the ring, and did so in a disgusting manner, over a long period of time.

Big differences in your comparisons, Chief.

that said, I'm all for someone getting a second chance. I don't agree with the Commish's decisions, but I don't hold that against Vick. I hope he is sincere in wanting to change.

mike vick is a scumbag.he got caught with the dope bottle and walked away with a slap on the wrist.he has always thought he was above the game.he didnt go to prison for the dog fighting.he went to prison for GAMBLING across state lines.that is when the federal government stepped in.that prosecuter poindexter tried everything in his power to let vick go.vick will screw up again you can bank on it.my main problem is i think he should have been suspended a year when his prison term was done.he thought that since he was in prison it was like being suspended.i think the suspension should have started when he got out.the whole bret favre angle is a joke.........he turned himself in to get help for pain killers.it wasnt like he got into trouble for taking them.he knew he was doing too many of them and did something about it.that is actually a standup thing to do.........

I agree with you,to a point. What i am saying , is why arent more people protesting other athletes when they mess up as well? So its ok if you do something WRONG as long as you turn yourself in and dont get CAUGHT?.....Thats the philosophy i am referring to. If Vick came out and said " hey i was part of something that was wrong i see now its not ok, i'm sorry. It wont happen again " would he still get jail time? would it make it less wrong?....What about Leonard Little, Stallworth,? you didnt mention them, and they killed PEOPLE. But that happens all the time and we are desensitized. So you tell me which is worst?

People probably dislike Vick than Little and Stallworth because of his malicious intent. Little and Stallworth were reckless.

Just examples, however im sure the families of their victims will disagree.

Yes i was watching on the news, people say they are boycotting the Eagles, and protesting at the stadium, and at training camp.

I will look for that. Personally, I think he should be given a chance to redeem himself, but if he ever messes up again...good bye to the NFL.

People should probably protest more. Little would have been a perfect example.

I will look for that. Personally, I think he should be given a chance to redeem himself, but if he ever messes up again...good bye to the NFL.

People should probably protest more. Little would have been a perfect example.

Agreed, without second chances where would any of us be?....

Ok, I dont have White Guilt before some label me, but why is it that it is my fellow Whites that wont allow this guy to move on with his life, or fight cluelessly for the same health care that their grandparents and even themselves receive in the form of Medicare.

Hmmm methinks there is some latent fear of the five letter word followed by "Man" in play here

Pretty Sad that not much has changed :rolleyes:

I completely fail to see how this is a racial issue. Anyone care to enlighten me?

I dont think this is a racial issue, more of a passionate issue, with tones of ignorance. If Tom Brady did the same thing, i would feel the same way, nahhh hang him!

I dont think this is a racial issue, more of a passionate issue, with tones of ignorance. If Tom Brady did the same thing, i would feel the same way, nahhh hang him!

I should be on record here (maybe) as saying, "I would root for twice the penalty."