Madden 2010 is out today!

billsfan89

Its similar but there are big improvements. One players progress much better (Younger players get better with better play and more experience while older players fall off much quicker than in past games).

Two the draft is better you can find steals in the draft in later rounds (Ex you can get highly rated players in the 4-7th rounds) and players in round 1-2 are rated between 65-78 but most of the time they have a potential of B or A. Also its much more realistic with positions are available (No 5 first round QB's) simply put you get more variety in the draft.

Other improvements are the rating system (70's are average 80's are good while 90's are great) which leads to more balanced teams instead of trying to get the best players at every position. Also you get a better free agency system players don't just go for big money they have other interests which keep the user generated team from snapping up all free agents. Simply put even if you offer a player retarded amounts of money he won't sign with you saying its not the deal he is looking for.

Sweet, do they still have training camp? And if so, are they all the same drills...again?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What difficulty level do you play on? And how long are the quarters? I find it really tough to get pressure on the qb, but I play all-madden.

I started on all pro which is where I was getting really great sack amounts. Recently I have been playing on All Madden but while I am not getting sacks (Unless I blitz a lot but that leads to getting burnt for big gains) I am still getting pressure in terms of knock downs and QB's throwing ducks. Like I said right stick is a must without those moves you won't get pressure.

Yeah its hard to get sacks on All-Madden but I have gotten pressure and once in a while I have gotten sacks with just a 4 man rush.

Sweet, do they still have training camp? And if so, are they all the same drills...again?

No camps (I don't think so at least if I am wrong you can point it out to me) and you need to do scouting during the year (You basically get reports during the regular season).

Anyone have any running tips? A little difficult to run. Sometimes counters work well though.

You need a good o-line to run if you are using the Bills thats likely to be the reason especially if you are going up against a good front 7. If you are having a difficult time use the pass to set up the run spread them out and than run.

You need a good o-line to run if you are using the Bills thats likely to be the reason especially if you are going up against a good front 7. If you are having a difficult time use the pass to set up the run spread them out and than run.

Yes using the Bills. Well, it's nice to know its that realistic. Good deal.

Play action pass plays are also especially effective on running downs. This also helps open up the running game significantly.

Gibran Hamdan is not that bad in the game, not as bad as his rating says.

Want a better backup than what we have? Graham Harrell is a nice option from the FA pool.

It is very realistic because the only thing I can do with Trent is the little dinker dunker passes...TO is a beast over the middle, and Steve Johnson is sick nasty too in the game.

If you hit L2 before snap it lets you tell your O-line how to block

Use up on the Left stick and that will set them to aggressive and help you run a little bit better. Or you can send them left and right if you're running a sweep

Overall, this is the best Madden EVER

I hated the previous PS3 versions but this is lightyears better

If you hit L2 before snap it lets you tell your O-line how to block

Use up on the Left stick and that will set them to aggressive and help you run a little bit better. Or you can send them left and right if you're running a sweep

Overall, this is the best Madden EVER

I hated the previous PS3 versions but this is lightyears better

Sometimes I have to go back to the manual: I just checked the other day and realized that by hitting "X" (audible) and then Right trigger for the xobox 360 and I could flip the play at the line of scrimmage.

Deep, as always, and i love it.

For number one I hope they put a patch in to fix that (They do that a lot in the NHL series but not often in Madden other than to fix glitches).

As for a pass rush I have gotten the hang of getting sacks. With the Bills insert Maybin instead of Kelsay than you need to use the right stick to use for pass rush moves. Schobel and Maybin are both good at it if you jump out with Maybin and than use the right stick you get to the QB quick. With my first Bills franchise I got about 1-3 sacks a game and only 2 games I got one sack and once I had zero sacks.

If you are doing that and you aren't getting success I just don't know what it is you aren't doing wrong.

Thanks. I'll hafta learn how to play the DE position. For the past few years on madden, i usually play one of the safeties and help out in coverage. Perhaps i'll start playing as a DE again and let the CPU worry about coverage.

I have Maybin starting as OLB. I put kelsay on the trade block, and the broncos offered me robert ayers. I made the deal, moved Ayers from OLB to DE (he jumps from a 74 to 82) and moved maybin from DE to OLB in place of ellison. Maybin drops to a 61 at OLB for some odd reason even though he has similar ratings to Ellison.

Also, who here is on the PS3? Anyone potentially interested in playing an online franchise? I'd be thinking of a slower play rate, shooting for giving everyone 5-6 days to finish their game for the week.

Another thing with the run game.

It seems it is momentum based too. Ive run unsuccessfully for quarters at a time. Then at some point Ill rip off a good run. Then Ill be able to run the ball down their throats all of the sudden. Lynch seems to evade tacklers/beast people over easier. 1st downs roll in. The play action sets up perfectly, etc...

Thanks. I'll hafta learn how to play the DE position. For the past few years on madden, i usually play one of the safeties and help out in coverage. Perhaps i'll start playing as a DE again and let the CPU worry about coverage.

I have Maybin starting as OLB. I put kelsay on the trade block, and the broncos offered me robert ayers. I made the deal, moved Ayers from OLB to DE (he jumps from a 74 to 82) and moved maybin from DE to OLB in place of ellison. Maybin drops to a 61 at OLB for some odd reason even though he has similar ratings to Ellison.

Also, who here is on the PS3? Anyone potentially interested in playing an online franchise? I'd be thinking of a slower play rate, shooting for giving everyone 5-6 days to finish their game for the week.

Also with the DE position press the speed boost button (I play 360 so I don't know what button that is for PS3) as soon as the ball is snapped especially with a speed rusher like Maybin it helps you get off the edge quicker and than once you gain contact with the o-lineman pull a spin or rip move using the right stick on all-pro it equals constant pressure plus sacks on All-Madden you can still get somewhat consistent pressure in the form of QB hurries and hits but Sacks come at a premium.

The presentation looks a lot nicer, but I've barely even played and there are a few things that have really frustrated me. I've been using 15 minute quarters, with accelerated clock of 25 seconds, the maximum. It's great, the game takes about an hour and it makes things more realistic. Under 2 minutes in each half, the accelerated clock stops anyway. This is an awesome way to do things.

On to problems: obviously I don't expect it to be perfect, and most years I'm pleased and not much bothers me. One thing that I don't like is that on most turnovers, the defense scores a touchdown, whether it be a fumble or an interception return. I'm 4 games into my season and I'm averaging about 2 defensive touchdowns for per game, and 2 against. I started on a lower level and now I'm almost up to all-madden (custom level, between all-pro and all-madden but closer to all-madden). This might seem like a little thing, but trust me, it's really annoying. Anyone else noticing the same thing in regards to easy defensive touchdowns?

Also, on field goals, my team gets a holding penalty on literally ever other field goal attempt, setting me back 10 yards. It's OK to have holding on field goals once in a while, but make it realistic. I've had 0 holding or clipping calls on offense, and a lot on field goals. Makes no sense to me.

Finally, I've had 3 safeties (for or against) and on each and every safety punt, there's a glitch where it just shows the kicker, and you can't see what's going on, you can't see the returner or the tackle or even where he gets to until after the play.

This is all for the 360. Other than that, I love the game, it's a big step up.

I have heard of the holding FG glitch. I only have had it happen once, but it seems like an issue a lot of people have. I bet it gets patched.

Actually, one of my beefs with past Madden years is the fact that about 50% of points in my games came from turnover points. In 2010, it has only happened a couple times for me.

That sounds pretty cool, I'd definitely be interested. I'm not used to anything like that since I've been on the ps2 for so long. Only problem is I'm waiting my shipment for the madden and ps3 to come in. Don't know how long you'd be willing to wait.

I have heard of the holding FG glitch. I only have had it happen once, but it seems like an issue a lot of people have. I bet it gets patched.

Actually, one of my beefs with past Madden years is the fact that about 50% of points in my games came from turnover points. In 2010, it has only happened a couple times for me.

Yeah On field goals there are a lot of holding penalties. I would say it happens 1 out of every 6 or 7 times. I expect a patch coming soon but overall its kind of annoying because my bro lost a game because on the last play (A field goal to win the game) he got called for holding luckily it was unranked. Like I said a patch could easily fix the issue so its likely not to be a drag for too long.

That sounds pretty cool, I'd definitely be interested. I'm not used to anything like that since I've been on the ps2 for so long. Only problem is I'm waiting my shipment for the madden and ps3 to come in. Don't know how long you'd be willing to wait.

I'm in no hurry. I just got my PS3 a few weeks ago as well after many long years on the PS2.